Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Why arent they using tazers?
    Because tazers are made for combatting passive resistance, not armed criminals running around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Because tazers are made for combatting passive resistance, not armed criminals running around.
    Too short of a range i guess.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harmon appears visibly distraught, and after one of the officers asked him to remove his backpack and put his hands behind his back, he takes off running. After a few paces, he quickly turns back toward the officers.
    Pure fiction. I agree with the niece #748 executed another Black man murdered by police. I watched the video a few times he shouldn’t have run, if not for this lie I could believe a felony assault warrant was cause.

From what it looks like he just wanted to evade capture.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Hmm interesting and fresh insight into this, maybe your resident genetic superiority friend @Jingoism can help shed some more light on this.

It's sad to see Tim Wise's mmo-c account with a ban. I wonder what you said?
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    When using a firearm they are trained to kill.
    Did you even read my post? When using the firearm it is an application of force. The force is designed to stop the threat. In some regions police are authorised to shoot fleeing felons, again, the wording is to stop the felon, not kill them.

I have yet to see any justification for firearms use in any police use of force model where it specifically says that use of a firearm is to kill the offender. This is the legal wording. They are not trained to kill. They are trained to shoot center mass and stop the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    he ran got shot, don't see a problem here
    so if you runaway from police it is ok they can just shoot you to dead ?
    Last edited by vipers; 2017-11-06 at 11:32 AM.

If only he didnt run and pull a knife maby he would still be alive.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    Did you even read my post? When using the firearm it is an application of force. The force is designed to stop the threat. In some regions police are authorised to shoot fleeing felons, again, the wording is to stop the felon, not kill them.

I have yet to see any justification for firearms use in any police use of force model where it specifically says that use of a firearm is to kill the offender. This is the legal wording. They are not trained to kill. They are trained to shoot center mass and stop the threat.

Those 2 statements are at odd with each other. Being trained to shoot center mass is being trained to kill. Doesn't matter if they use different wording.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    so if you runaway from police it is ok they can just shoot you to dead ?
    If you are running away with a lethal weapon, such as a knife, it is ok to shoot you indeed.

look, if a cop pulls a gun on you just lay on the ground and be a starfish

dont run. dont argue. just starfish
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Sigh...I can't blame the cop..

He was too far away to lunge, those shots were fire pretty fucking quick before he had even turned the whole way around, this was murder. There are a lot of times when it's clear that the police are in the right. This was not one of those times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets look at it from both sides shall we:

Man should have not tried to run and evade police officer. He should have and if he would have done what police said he would have been alive today.

However lets look at it from the other side:

Seriously police officer you had to shoot un-armed man in the back? while running away from you? Yeah correct me if im wrong but arnt police officers trained to only AND ONLY used their firearm when someones life is threatened? Why couldn't you have chased the man down? Why couldn't you have pulled your taser out and tased him?

As much as others here would like to condemn one side or the other. I think it's important to understand that both sides are at fault here. And both side could have handled the situation better.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Yes this was justified according to American law.
    But holy shit American cops are a bunch of pussies..
    I've no idea what to write here.

He should have kept running

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Thoughts? NSFW

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...was-justified/

Authorities in Salt Lake City have cleared a police officer in the fatal shooting of a man who ran after being stopped on his bicycle, an incident caught on police body-camera video that was released this week.

The ruling comes after a month-and-a-half-long investigation into the Aug. 13 shooting. Police say they stopped Patrick Harmon, 50, on State Street near downtown Salt Lake City because he was riding his bicycle erratically and did not have a red rear light. The district attorney of Salt Lake County, Sim Gill, said in an interview that the use of deadly force was legally justified because Harmon was armed and turned back to lunge at the officers while running away.

After finding that Harmon had multiple open arrest warrants, including one stemming from a felony aggravated assault charge, the officers informed Harmon that he was under arrest. That is when he ran, according to a police body-camera video.
    Don't resist arrest while armed, I will have remember that.

Why necro this from a month ago was there some new update?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Why arent they using tazers? Or use their superior agility to run him down? Don't the police have tools for taking down people running away with killing them?

Like the guy was dumb for running, but i don't think it values the use of lethal force. In my opinion, unless somebody is doing something to endanger another person, lethal force is going to far.
    because the distance was too short to rely on a tazer when the guy had a knife and was getting ready to turn and attack the cops. one of the cops did try to use a tazer, but you have to search the other videos to see that. they were barely 10 feet from where he began running before he turned around and got shot.
    Last edited by zhero; 2017-11-06 at 08:57 PM.

So basically in USA it's justified for the cops to kill someone because he was riding a bicycle without a rear light. Thank God I don't live in the USA, it's a fucking police state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Why necro this from a month ago was there some new update?
    Classic mmo-champion posters i guess.