View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I assume this also works with the physical authenticater they sell? I have one of those prefer it to be a separate thing that can stay at home.

Can i install this, get free bags, then delete?

10+ Year Old Account
    Already have one, had one since they came out with it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Its weird, why do you NOT want to use the authenticator?

i've had the authenticator on my phone since it came out, or since i came back at the end of cataclysm.

it hardly ever asks for me to put it in, it's the easiest thing in the world.

i don't know how i feel about them forcing u to get it for extra bag space, but whatever.

ps to the OP, reported your big dumb blue text.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    Last time I was asked for my authendicator was 3 months ago, and it seems to be every 3 months I have to use it, and I play on a VPN. Get off your high horse, you're sounding like a stupid child that didnt get the newest version of barbie for her 6th birthday
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Only 77% of people in the US have a smart phone.... and yes it is on them, that would mean they have to pay for an authenticator.

Which is my point.
    How many without a smart phone do have a computer capable of running WoW? I'm sure it's some, but I bet that % goes way down.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    You talk about security in an era when you can see embarrassing smarthone leaks on the Internet daily (you are naive). Also I'm about to defend my account from the smarthone environment, not the other way around. The word "privacy" completely lost it's meaning.
    I think you're mixing concepts here. Do both security and privacy - but don't use them interchangeably - they mean different things :-)
    I work as a malware analyst in a rather large global managed security operations center and I've done that for almost a decade. I'm probably more jaded about security and privacy than most. But I still think that in order to increase your Blizzard account security, installing 2-factor auth is a good thing.

But - you're running on EOL phone OS. You're arguing against installing 2-factor auth on your account because you have privacy concerns (ok, fine) but then you somehow mix this with security.

It's ok - if you're afraid of "the man" spying on you do whatever fits your personal threat model go live in the woods if you have to.. but in that case you should probably dump your old phone, because.. uh, 'sploits and stuff. Use something like iOS with secure enclave chip :-) Or... better yet, don't use a phone. Go with burners if you have to.

Anyhow, this is getting a bit too inside-baseball.
    Not using 2-auth is fine, it's your call :-) (but please upgrade your phone...)
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-11-06 at 12:51 PM.

Remember it does not have to be on your "Phone" per-say it can be on any Android Device. I for example had an old Android Tablet I rarely use and have it on there in-case i ever need. If you feel you don't need an Authenicator that is fine too just know like most game companies now a days with 2-factor authentication they offer perks or rewards for doing so.

For people having issues with needing a code every time they log onto a game or the blizzard app you may need to un-check a box in your Blizzard Mobile Authenticator options for info on how to get there here is the FAQ for it by blizzard https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24520 (they talk about it under USAGE).
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Lol. Thought I heard it all. What the hell more could a blizzard app do, that your phone already does with security and privacy issues. Please tell me what's blizzards hidden agenda for requiring you to install an app to increase the security on your account. Enlighten me please.

Yeah, it's advertisement. Welcome to the world of capitalism and free market.
    I'm about my account security and WoW data, not the other way around as you describe. These phones are huge security risks themselves. I won't risk the security of my WoW account by installing any account related apps to any smartphone. I hope you get it now.

And about your last sentence: You are really happy to shove this BS down on your throat? To set irl conditions to a minor thing that could be bought for 500g in-game? Next time they ask real money for an extra bag slot. And it's not some mount, pet or transmog item. Having extra bag slots save your time, it has impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Can i install this, get free bags, then delete?
    Idk if they would take the bags back or not, but I strongly suspect that once you have the Authenticator, and realize it's mostly invisible, that you only even see it when you're traveling or get a new computer or some such, that you will stop worrying about it and won't care about deleting it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

* blablabla 12 years old tantrum and I look like a fucking reatard *
    You got your answer at the first reply,let me copy and paste for you just in case you're too much of a fucking reatard

Honestly... if you haven't DOWNLOADED THE FREE APP..... you are a fucking moron...
    So honestly Blizzard gave us extra bagspace... for ... well FREE....

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    How many without a smart phone do have a computer capable of running WoW?
    About 1 in 10 according to the stats have internet but no smart phone.

In addition - young players may not even have their own computer let alone smart phone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    You got your answer at the first reply,let me copy and paste for you just in case you're too much of a fucking reatard

Honestly... if you haven't DOWNLOADED THE FREE APP..... you are a fucking moron...
    So honestly Blizzard gave us extra bagspace... for ... well FREE....
    I have written out my thoughts for you and your kind in the first post.
    go read it - it's addressed to you. also have fun being banned. ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    And about your last sentence: You are really happy to shove this BS down on your throat? To set irl conditions to a minor thing that could be bought for 500g in-game? Next time they ask real money for an extra bag slot. And it's not some mount, pet or transmog item. Having extra bag slots save your time, it has impact.
    Exactly this. if Blizz goes through with this next expansion WoW will become pay to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of any good reason not to use an authenticator. I always wondered why my bank account can't have one.

I already have a Authenticator attached to my account for 2 years now. I love it!
    also extra bag space... Hell yes!. <3

Why I don't have it :
    I'm not a complete moron, so I use basic internet security behavior and don't need that app without any risk.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you switch mobile phones, do you need to switch authenticator prior to that in some form?
    If you set it up once, all you need to do is write down your authenticator serial and restore code (can be viewed in the app).

Once you reinstall on a different phone you just enter those details and that's it, no hassle. It's even easier if you have an iPhone as the iCloud Keychain feature will allow you to save those details in the cloud.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    I think you're mixing concepts here. Do both security and privacy - but don't use them interchangeably - they mean different things :-)
    I work as a malware analyst in a rather large global managed security operations center and I've done that for almost a decade. I'm probably more jaded about security and privacy than most. But I still think that in order to increase your Blizzard account security, installing 2-factor auth is a good thing.

But - you're running on EOL phone OS. You're arguing against installing 2-factor auth on your account because you have privacy concerns (ok, fine) but then you somehow mix this with security.

It's ok - if you're afraid of "the man" spying on you do whatever fits your personal threat model go live in the woods if you have to.. but in that case you should probably dump your old phone, because.. uh, 'sploits and stuff. Use something like iOS with secure enclave chip :-) Or... better yet, don't use a phone. Go with burners if you have to.

Anyhow, this is getting a bit too inside-baseball.
    Not using 2-auth is fine, it's your call :-) (but please upgrade your phone...)
    Man, you confess yourself, you are paid for it, so you defend it. Privacy, private life is on the smartphones and social media accounts of many ppl (pictures, bank accounts, numbers etc. etc.). Mobile devices are more and more popular to access their data in the cloud, because they are cheap and small. When I'm talking about privacy I'm talking about sensitive data that can be used by a 3rd party (steal your money or blackmail you etc.). And how do you access your data? Passwords. Passwords are security, and there goes security and privacy hand in hand.

I'm not afraid, I know it's an existing thing, even in this very moment, someone always monitors us. They just "invent" more and more sophisticated methods to make it easier for them. They even have your fingerprints now. It's more and more easier to steal one's identity.

Pff, I've had an authenticator on my account since they were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For some people price might be an issue. But apart from that - no reason at all not to have it.
    ... Zero dollars as an app on your phone?