Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Really good fight. Definitely challenging, although its memory is somewhat overshadowed by Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons of the Klaxxi. Phase 2 was a pain, phase 3 was chaotic, phase 4 was easy. The transitions solidified Blood Elves as the masterrace (AoE interrupts were golden).

I always thought 10H looked easier. (World 1st 10H literally solo healed it.) But 25H was mostly hard because it meant more people that had to not screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    At 800 ilvl I still can't get to mythic Garrosh, the fuck are you guys talking about?
    then the question you need to ask yourself is why you have only 800 ilvl...

iirc i solo'd Garrosh at around 907 ilvl.... Ret Paladin

Perhaps even sooner... can't remember really

Madness will consume you!!!

Fucking shit boss originally (I appreciated the design but my team was full of spastics). The adds that MC'd before the last phase were literally cancer. After the patch your entire raid would blow just stand on top of the boss and go full retardDPSwhore mode to pad meters and still skip entire phases. The adds in the intermission would die in seconds, and with a little co-ordination before p4 and 1-2 players who knew how to kite the iron star, it was ridiculously easy.

Immersius, Spoils and maybe Nuroshen were really the only shit bosses. SoO was a great raid IMO.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2017-11-06 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    Really good fight. Definitely challenging, although its memory is somewhat overshadowed by Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons of the Klaxxi. Phase 2 was a pain, phase 3 was chaotic, phase 4 was easy. The transitions solidified Blood Elves as the masterrace (AoE interrupts were golden).

I always thought 10H looked easier. (World 1st 10H literally solo healed it.) But 25H was mostly hard because it meant more people that had to not screw up.
    I still remember the disc priest we had in the team that somehow solo healed while doing some significant amount of dps on 10H Garrosh. We probably wouldn't have taken him down without him. Although we managed to kill with a solo holy pally also but it was later

It was a pretty difficult and unforgiving boss before all of the nerfs. Something between Gul Dan and KJ nowadays.

It was hard in 10 man

in 25 man though? a bit too easy for my tastes

Deleted
    Our monk tank was immune to our whips in the end

Mythic Garrosh wasn't hard , a good coordinated group with normal/LFR gear and some in heroic could beat him easily. I know it from the experience.

The end was pretty nuts. The main phases were interesting and required heavy kiting but the hardest parts were the transitions where you need serious interrupt coordination. The second transition was such a pain people skipped it and ate the penalty. It was actually a really good fight looking back. The mc mechanic was interesting too. Really loved mop raiding.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Two fantastic fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Even though the main contender was the loading screen before the last phase !
    Oh yeah, I can't even remember how many times we wiped because me or our other tank were loading too slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerCroe View Post
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse was the actual last boss if I recall
    If you didn't cheese the belt, with cheesing it was a pretty straight forward boss because with rogues permanently on the belt would allow you to burn the boss half a minute to a minute faster than anyone that wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It was hard in 10 man

in 25 man though? a bit too easy for my tastes
    By the time any non top 5 guild reached Garrosh, he was already nerfed in 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    Mythic Garrosh was easy af.
    Heroic Garrosh was really hard though.
    Sadly many people are going to be very confused by this.

Hardest part about Garrosh for me was the phasing and it just taking so damn long to push to certain parts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    What was supposedly so difficult about that last phase? There were basically two things to do, kite the iron star and have one person move left/right with a debuff. Oh, and some fire. Compared to some actually difficult final phases, it was a cakewalk - though admitedly, fucking up the iron stars in an otherwise perfect attempt was just brutal.
    That is just the thing. If you fuck up the Iron Star kite, it is a wipe. And getting to that phase could take upwards to 10 minutes per try. So unless your P4 kiters were able to perfectly handle the mechanic in one or two tries, you were in for long hours of raiding to get enough pulls to the last phase.

It is not as hard as the other bosses you listed, but could still be damn tedious to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The second transition was such a pain people skipped it and ate the penalty.
    Ha I had forgotten about this. Second transition people would literally just sit at the bottom and wait rather than deal with all the sha nonsense.

Before they changed the difficulties and added mythic, when heroic was the hardest difficulty, Heroic Garrosh was fairly difficult, but not anywhere close to KJ / Guldan / Arch / Sinestra / LK, or anything else really difficult. It was a reasonable difficulty I guess, maybe on par with like Imperator, Ragnaros, Thunder King, it was pretty much perfect tbh.

Mythic Garrosh was insanely easy. After they changed the difficulties it was farm killable on alts for people that knew the mechanics and could kill on heroic. I remember selling scorpion mount runs on 11 characters a week.

mythic garrosh was a snoozefest.

heroic garrosh was a pretty tough one though, especially on 10 man heroic.

FYI, heroic was the highest difficulty before the 6.0 pre-patch came, when raid difficulties were re-named.
    On mythic it was so easy, cuz with re-naming the difficulties, the class overhauls did happen, too. Fight length got cut in half cuz everyone had new talents, new stats, the stat squish happened (which was a huge contributer to making that fight so easy).

I didn't like mythic because, like Gul'Dan heroic and Kil'jaden heroic, you sleepwalk for ten minutes before the more challenging phase. So when you are learning the fight, it gets frustrating to wait so long to practice the tough part. That's why Vael was always one of my favorite bosses: you win or lose in a few minutes lol

Deleted
    wiping so many times because people fucked up the interrupts was really hard on my mental health

Heroic was a pain in the ass more than a hard fight, unforgiving Phase 1-3 just to practice the really hard P4. Once it changed to mythic it was a joke