Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vanilla Monk Discussion

Cant wait guys I'm hyped
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Vanilla monks will wear cloth instead of leather. On top of that, they will mainly use magic to heal their allies in battle.

Deleted
    There has been no Monk in vanilla, as well as Death Knight and Demon Hunter. No Paladin for the Horde and no Shaman for the Alliance.
    I hope they won't change that.

Deleted
    yay I can't wait to roll Worgen Death Knight like in the old vanilla days

Man, my void elf paladin will be the shit! Ragnaros was the best boss!

1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Man, my void elf paladin will be the shit! Ragnaros was the best boss!
    Feelsamazingman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    It's crazy how mad you guys are because Blizzard is actually releasing Vanilla servers lol.

You won't lose anything on retail, it's a different dev team, just be happy for the people that actually want to play Vanilla and will do so with all it's flaws.
    Personally I am just shitposting, glad for those that want to experience vanilla. Now we just need wotlk realms so people can stop the nostalgia-based insults to new content.

You won't lose anything on retail, it's a different dev team
    Sure, but they could add more devs to the existing team and do things better/faster/____. Even if they add resources, they are choosing to spend resources from this now-larger pool they could spend on things the previous posters cared about.

I'm ambivalent about vanilla servers, that's just a common argument I've heard that doesn't seem right. There might be some reason I'm not aware of that prevents the original team from scaling or something; if that's the case I'm all ears.

Didn’t blizzard bring the makers of that private server to their HQ after shutting that server down? I wonder if they are the ones doing it under blizzards umbrella.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Doubtful it would ever happen. From what i hear people want as close to Vanilla as possible. Seen people moaning about having the modern models and textures never mind new class's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Ha, take that, Classic haters!

No but seriously, what's up with these threads?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Actually in early alpha disc priest was planned to be a monk. Inner fire is good example of monk's toolkit.

It's crazy how mad you guys are because Blizzard is actually releasing Vanilla servers lol.

You won't lose anything on retail, it's a different dev team, just be happy for the people that actually want to play Vanilla and will do so with all it's flaws.
    im happy for people who want vanilla servers. im more upset that im going to have to listen to people complain for the next year at least about how long its taking to release them

Hell no, I'm not going through that 3 class game called vanilla servers once again. Pretty sure the only people who wants vanilla are the people who never played it or just delusional.

I don't see much fun in playing my old feral healer druid with 7 different ranks of Healing Touch and Nature's Swiftness on the panel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Hell no, I'm not going through that 3 class game called vanilla servers once again. Pretty sure the only people who wants vanilla are the people who never played it or just delusional.

I don't see much fun in playing my old feral healer druid with 7 different ranks of Healing Touch and Nature's Swiftness on the panel.
    Agreed. I was there, i started wow on launch day with a undead warlock. Unlike many, i have no delusions what so ever about what vanilla really was. For those who never got to play vanilla, by all means, go have fun. But you will quickly see just how simplistic that game really was. For those who did play vanilla, that sense of wonder and excitement about exploring a new world is never coming back. It wont take long for the rosy glasses to come off.

people keep saying vanilla but its classic soo could be old vanilla setting with tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    For those who did play vanilla, that sense of wonder and excitement about exploring a new world is never coming back.
    Cannot agree more.

I still remember how I emulated the server for leaked WoW client (before the actual release) and was running around in the empty Azeroth world. For hours. Days. It was so much fun just to look at the zones and cities imagining your loved Warcraft world being alive. It was one of the highlights of my childhood thats for sure.

People have already been playing vanilla on private realms for years (a decade) since there hasn't been an official option. It's simply a totally different game. Even vanilla was considered pretty much a "simple kids game" compared to some other mmorpgs, the current game is basically the 'Hello kitty island adventure' of mmorpgs.

Personally I probably won't be playing vanilla, since I have so little time to play these days that it's better to stick with the kitty adventure for a quick fix of WoW.

It's interesting how much people can bitch about vanilla
    Last edited by Tripax; 2017-11-11 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Even vanilla was considered pretty much a "simple kids game" compared to some other mmorpgs, the current game is basically the 'Hello kitty island adventure' of mmorpgs.
    Even for an exaggeration it's too extreme. WoW currently have a good amount of challenge in a way of mythic dungeons, raids or even just being a parse-warrior battling yourself and your own performance, especially compared to previous expansions. Well, if you're only doing pet battles and lfr then sure.