Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

WTF Removal of PVP/PVE server rulesets. Personal choice toggle now.

am i reading that correct? There is no more pvp servers? All pvp servers are like pve servers?

so there introducing a xpac about a war between A & H but removing pvp servers?

wasn't the personal choice was joining a pvp server or not?

I kill or try to kill (try for the most part) every non-tank horde i see......cause you know A vs. H and now this is removed!?!

Why remove that option!?!

All my excitement for the xpac has been lost b/c of that one point.

- - - Updated - - -

swear the god look seems like there is another tread....sorry for spam.

Toggle yourself for PvP and every person you meet will be toggled because you'll be on the same shard. You'll probably end up having more wPvP opportunities than ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you touch yourself at night.

Joking aside, it might be to fall inline with other MMOs and their unclassified servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This change is only beneficial, as it will funnel people with pvp on to the same server, so instead of only seeing the 50 people on your server, you're on a server with 500, potentially faction balanced if Blizzard does it correctly.

People will actually be able to level characters again without max level morons ganking them when they are about 80 levels lower..

They are not removing PvP or PvE servers, they are merging them. Using the magic of server sharding, you will be with people not flagged when you aren't flagged, but when you flag, you phase over to everyone flagged. You could be standing in the middle if Hillsbrad, completely empty, but when you flag, dozens of players suddenly appear fighting.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

It gives people the opportunity to switch between the two types of servers without micro-transactions, What's not to like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I was definitely excited by this announcement. Should have happened a long time ago. If they do it right, it should go a long way to fixing some population issues.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do not understand, dude.

They are not removing PvP-Servers.
    They are creating PVP-ONLY open-world instances where everyone you meet will be up to the challenge. They WANT to engage. Fair fights, bloodlust and all.

The only players suffering from this change are gankers, but since their gameplay is egoistic and do not fit a mmo-rpg style, their opinion is mostly ignored.

This time, instead of ganking lowbies for a little satisfaction, they'll have to pick a fight with someone their size.

Quote Originally Posted by Papahirn View Post
    Toggle yourself for PvP and every person you meet will be toggled because you'll be on the same shard. You'll probably end up having more wPvP opportunities than ever.
    sounds like more crz, sharding garbage which has ruin this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This change is only beneficial, as it will funnel people with pvp on to the same server, so instead of only seeing the 50 people on your server, you're on a server with 500, potentially faction balanced if Blizzard does it correctly.
    No now that i read more, it is another step in the wrong direction. More faceless encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    They are not removing PvP or PvE servers, they are merging them. Using the magic of server sharding.
    yes now that i read more. More faceless wow. It gets worst and worst every xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No now that i read more, it is another step in the wrong direction. More faceless encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

yes now that i read more. More faceless wow. It gets worst and worst every xpac.
    Sounds like you'd rather face the same person once or twice every 3 months instead of constant WPvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are missing the point OP. This change is probably the best thing they could have done for servers.
    This fixes server imbalances while maintaining how players want to play without having to affect guilds and communities. [b]You[/] decide on which type server you want to play. You go to Org/SW/Dal and decide when I go out to the world which rule-set do you want PvP or PvE. If you choose PvP then you won't see PvE Players and you will only see other people that also chose PvP. What the game will then do is collect all those people that chose one or the other and then apply the appropriate CRZ so that they will see people in the wild that also chose the same thing.

All servers are pvp and all servers are pve and you will only see people with the same side you are on. They were not removed the server rule set became personal.

If anything this will give you more people to kill that were previously on pve servers due to friends/guilds/etc but wanted to participate in world pvp.

Don't hate it if you don't understand it

am i reading that correct? There is no more pvp servers? All pvp servers are like pve servers?

so there introducing a xpac about a war between A & H but removing pvp servers?

wasn't the personal choice was joining a pvp server or not?

I kill or try to kill (try for the most part) every non-tank horde i see......cause you know A vs. H and now this is removed!?!

Why remove that option!?!

All my excitement for the xpac has been lost b/c of that one point.

- - - Updated - - -

swear the god look seems like there is another tread....sorry for spam.
    They didn't remove the option. The option is still there, but instead of choosing it before making a character, you can choose it every time you get into the game so you are not forced to get facefucked on your shitty alt. They didn't remove the option to pvp at all, stop being stupid. Literally stupid.

I hope they use this as an excuse to mass merge servers.
    no reason to have tons of tiny servers, I'm sure server bandwidth has improved since 2003.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the expansion is about "Horde vs. Alliance". It's a battle for AZEROTH for what I'm assuming to be against the Old Gods. Sure, there will be elementary tensions at first, but give it time.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

umm all characters are faceless....online gaming is faceless.....why do you need to know that the ally hunter is Bob form Michigan? You see red you attack it....

this is a problem for you unless you want to continuously camp the same person over and over...because I don't see how making the game more alive with people and stable "ruined it"...please enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    They didn't remove the option. The option is still there, but instead of choosing it before making a character, you can choose it every time you get into the game so you are not forced to get facefucked on your shitty alt. They didn't remove the option to pvp at all, stop being stupid. Literally stupid.
    yes they did. The danger for your shitty alt no longer exist. Hence care bear servers.

this is another step away from sandbox servers which promote community....to faceless wow.

Deleted
    no, what you know have will be you only face off against equals and no more ganking. gl with that

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    They are not removing PvP or PvE servers, they are merging them. Using the magic of server sharding, you will be with people not flagged when you aren't flagged, but when you flag, you phase over to everyone flagged. You could be standing in the middle if Hillsbrad, completely empty, but when you flag, dozens of players suddenly appear fighting.
    Except you can only do the changeover in major capitals, so not in Hillsbrad

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's an issue if you're building an expansion primarily based on Player versus Player combat and content but then over 50% of your players are on PvE servers and don't use the PvP toggle. Gotta put in a fiddly UI toggle that takes 5 minutes for the change to take effect (oh wait they already have that) but limit turning it off to when you return to a capital or Inn and have it randomly turn on whilst out exploring so that they can be forced into wPvP. #BlizzardLogic #FunGameplay
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity