Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vanilla WoW Yay or Nah to the new graphics?

Simple question, you rather play vanilla with todays graphics or vanilla's graphics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I don't mind really, but i've played vanilla with 2004 graphics for several years now. The game itself doesn't change even if they upgrade the graphics, so i'm open to that option as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the new models are awesome and I love them, personally. But they do need to be in the setting of updated graphics. I don't really think I could stomach seeing my sweet polygon character in extremely low res gear xD That would just be awful.

So if they decide to update the models and the graphics and such I'd be happy with that. But really, if they decide to keep the 2004 graphics that is fine too. They got their charm.

Deleted
    Graphics is the only thing i accept to change. The one and only.
    We need to put a stop to "QoL changes" threads in classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Well chances are there are somethings that need to be changed to actually keep the vanilla server alive. Let's be honest, somethings are better changed. (Not most of the game though, like difficulty)

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said in other threads, it's completely dependent on what files and database is built or available.

If they link the Classis database servers with the live ones, then certain UI connections, NPC mapping, etc.

While we all want as close to the feeling and version of Classic as possible, it might be necessary to realize that this whole thing won't work without things like; the pet/mount tabs, pet battles, archaeology, and achievements being included. I'm not saying I want those things (honestly it doesn't matter to me), but getting Classic in my mind is more important that arguing over stuff that really isn't "dumb down" QOL stuff and is more additional content and collection stuff.

I only imagine what would happen if they did BC, there would prob be people clamoring for the launch version where the tier 3.5 blue set was better than the tier 4 and some of the tier 5 epic pieces. Everyone needs to remember that with the amazing experience that Blizzard is creating for us, there really is quite a bit of suck that I'm sure none of us want to re-live.... (Unkillable C-Thun for instance)

Also, remember that BC and Classic contained some of the most nerfed fights and content in the game. If we get a timed release version of 1.12, then so be it. Naxx was never nerfed to my knowledge, so we'll all get to experience the carousel of death that is the 4 horseman fight.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated graphics if optional would not be a deal breaker for me but I really don't support them, it would just require more work to get the servers up and running.
    I also think its a really really bad slippery slope with any change to a so called classic server they are trying to replicate the original experience and that usually includes the nostalgia and atmosphere of the old graphics.

I in general just mainly don't want the new character models/npc models, I wouldn't mind them adding in WOTLK style shadows, (In Vanilla and TBC shadows we're static and didn't move with time of day/lighting also only little blob shadows underneath characters) maybe better view distance and clutter density/distance but nothing really beyond Cataclysm in graphics preferably, the old world began to look allot worse once Cataclysm updated the water graphics and other things when you could see the comparison.

Btw using the old 1.12.1 vanilla client with config edits there are already ways to push the vanilla graphics way beyond what you could in the video options (Farther view distance, somewhat better lighting, better effects/fx quality.)
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2017-11-06 at 07:45 PM.

As I see it, people, who ask for better graphics in Classic, aren't really aware of how Classic WoW used to play. I am afraid that when they will start playing, they will discover tons more of little things they'd like to change.

So I am all up for truly authentic Classic experience without any compromises.

After all, if it will be truly authentic Classic, based on old mpq file system, people will be able to mod-in any graphics they will want in the game, so I am sure there will be various "hi-res" packs available anyway.

Deleted
    Old graphics, for sure.

I'm planning to playing Vanilla in a 2005 PC that i mount up, a beast for that time, the best from the best back then. I want to fell it again!

Better drawing distance and actual support for 4k is all I want. No these atrocious new models with abominable animation.

Deleted
    It's an interesting question, since all the classic armour sets are low-res ones to match the old low-res models, and have never been updated (as far as I know). In the live game, this is less of an issue, since most folk end up wearing more recently created armour models, which match the character model beneath.

If Classic WoW is to use the high-res character models, they'd pretty much *have* to recreate all the armour in high-res to match, wouldn't they? Seems like a sod of a lot of work for them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Better drawing distance and actual support for 4k is all I want. No these atrocious new models with abominable animation.
    This, these are good changes they should add.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Look man I need a toggle to set auto loot on in my life. I just can't go back to shift right click on each mob. I don't ask for much, but god do I want that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    Look man I need a toggle to set auto loot on in my life. I just can't go back to shift right click on each mob. I don't ask for much, but god do I want that.
    But you wont even be able to kill 2 mobs at a time in Vanilla
    Oh you mean inside a raid and dungeons?

New models are so bad.

Do we know why did they remove old models from current client? If I had to guess, some fundamental difference between two animation system made switching impossible. If that's the case, they either update Vanilla animations, which is highly unlikely, or simply go with old models.

What I personally want is either "remastered" Vanilla, or Pristine Realms. I'd still play pure Vanilla tho.

Could they do both options? Or would that mess up the graphic layouts? I'm sure there's lots of players that want the current graphics we're set with, and lots of players that want to experience the full version of vanilla with the older ones.

I liked the old graphics better anyway...

Only when strictly necessary from a technical and bug fixing standpoint. Can't imagine it being easy to recreate new assets with 2004 quality.

To get updated graphics would require a fucking technical miracle and essential rebuild of the entire game.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube