Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    I dont think ogres or other races like the hozen and jinyu are an option.
    if you look at the races we will get, they are races wich fork from existing races on either side..
    example:

Alliance
    void elfs = elfs
    dark iron dwarves = normal dwarve
    lightforged draenei = normal draenei

Horde
    nightborne = elfs
    zandalari trolls = normal trolls
    highmountain tauren = normal tauren

And reading this page i think there is a high chance that in 7.3.5 we will get the 4 races of legion.
    I disagree, there is a reason they decided to go with "allied races" as the term. Although I also dont think they'll make models just for one of these. If ogres were ever relevant again though, I could see it as enough infentive to give them a more varied (+female model) using that as an excuse and adding them as allied race at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Four of the allied will be in 7.3.5 according to the leak. Nigtborne/Highmountain/Void elf/Lightforged make sense to get -now- during Legion since that is the most relevant. Even the official site implies only Dark Iron and Zandalari will be in the expac launch. Probably pay for pre-order to get access to 4 allied races early.

What leak?

Quick answer: No one knows for sure.

Long answer: There's no official word, but a lot of people speculate a possibility that the first four allied races may be available early, with their unlock quests being part of the drought content, or maybe being available to people who preorder the expansion. Zandalar and Dark Iron will only be available after 8.0, thought.

We should wait either preorder be available or 7.3.5 PTR and check out its files.
    Whatever...

First four will be in 7.3.5

The ones that are already in the files that I datamined October

warneverchanges who 100% leaked everything said four would be in 7.3.5

Lines up because they're all related to Legion and 7.3 story, the revamped leveling comes then and the level to get Heritage Armor is 110, current Max. Also on the Allied Race page on the website it specifies Zandalari and Dark Iron as being able to be unlocked on Zandalar and Kul Tiras.

Also the fact that Blizzard is still being quiet on 7.3.5 release and full feature list.

IF not 7.3.5, they will be Pre-Patch (possible pre-order bonus like Demon Hunters?)

Since level scaling is being released early, the first four should come with Patch 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the quest chain would not even make sense to exist in 7.3.5 because the factions seek to strengthen these alliances due to the faction war, which does not start before 8.0
    The quest lines to recruit the 4 related to the Broken Isles doesn't really need to be because we have to have them but just because they are good allies. Also you can't really go by what makes sense storywise when they decided to have you lvl them thru cata,wrath,etc...

Also, now that I think about it, I can see the following:

a) Patch 7.3.5. will include the new Level Scaling feature.
    b) The patch will include four of the six races.
    c) Pre-purchasing the expansion will unlock access to the races; otherwise, you'll have to wait for Patch 8.0.

To be fair, this makes a lot of sense.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Also, now that I think about it, I can see the following:

a) Patch 7.3.5. will include the new Level Scaling feature.
    b) The patch will include four of the six races.
    c) Pre-purchasing the expansion will unlock access to the races; otherwise, you'll have to wait for Patch 8.0.

To be fair, this makes a lot of sense.
    I dunno the lore aspect seems a bit out there. I could see this pre-Lordaeron post-Teldrassil, but not pre-Teldrassil.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Makes no sense to release leveling scaling with no reason to use it. I say these 4 come with 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno the lore aspect seems a bit out there. I could see this pre-Lordaeron post-Teldrassil, but not pre-Teldrassil.
    What does that have to do with anything? Four of the six races will have their background story tied into the factions by the release of Antorus, the Burning Throne (Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, and Void Elves).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, just like the Demon Hunter carrot for Legion, the carrot for pre-purchasing the Battle for Azeroth will be early access to the Allied races.

IIRC They did say there was going to be a couple of patches with story content post 7.3.5. Possibly one of those maybe or prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    IIRC They did say there was going to be a couple of patches with story content post 7.3.5. Possibly one of those maybe or prepatch.
    I doubt that there will be another patch after 7.3.5.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does that have to do with anything? Four of the six races will have their background story tied into the factions by the release of Antorus, the Burning Throne (Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne, and Void Elves).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, just like the Demon Hunter carrot for Legion, the carrot for pre-purchasing the Battle for Azeroth will be early access to the Allied races.
    I think for the Horde that argument works. Though maybe it's a stretch for the Nightborne.

Lightforged, and ESPECIALLY Void Elves, are only recruited by the Alliance after Anduin's decided enough is enough.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I doubt that there will be another patch after 7.3.5.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=270612.2...on-hazzikostas

Ion confirmed there will be patch after 7.3.5

http://www.wowhead.com/news=270612.2...on-hazzikostas

Ion confirmed there will be patch after 7.3.5
    He's talking about 7.3.5 being the final patch; Antorus is something else.

P.S. Also, if you want to cite a video then you could at least cite the time stamp.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-11-07 at 04:39 AM.

I wonder how blizz will do their lvl story background ? if they start at lvl 20 ( i assume a new starting zone ) how they will explain these races lvling in azeroth, outland and all ? because these races are from the " future " so to speak... hero classes are different in this regard because they start in a lvl that makes sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    What other allied races you see them adding? Heres some ideas:

Bruiser pack:

Horde - Ogres (with additional remodeling of azeroth ogres, including a female form)
    Alliance - Vrykuls

Pandaria pack

Horde - Hozen
    Alliance - Jinyu
    those wouldnt be allied races, those would be regular races and would require alot more work than these do.

highmountain tauren are just tauren with some different customization features like different antlers and tattoos

void elves are blood elves with different skin tones and hair styles

lightforged draenei are again just draenei with different skin tones and hair styles
    nightbourne are night elves with slightly modified ear placement and new skin tones, faces and hair styles

dark iron dwarves are again, dwarves with different skin tones and hair styles, AND theyre already in the game and likely will just be expanded on from the current 1 dark iron skin

zandalari trolls are trolls with upright posture and different textures and hair styles and considering orcs are getting an upright option its possible them being upright isnt unique to them and simply an option all trolls have

they also will likely all have new voice overs and emotes

so unless you want an ogre that walks and looks mostly like an orc (mok'nathal or brown skin orcs WOULD work though) were not getting ogres as an allied race. certainly not hozen or jinyu

until we see allied races that DONT use other races as a base with only slight modifications we shouldnt expect anything. thats why theyre not called new races and are picked from the old races spots.

one thing i could see is kul tiras humans and mok'nathal or brown skin orcs being added in a later patch. slightly bigger orcs and humans with new faces, skin and hair options.

allied races = existing race with modifications or extra options
    regular race = completely brand new, new animations, built from scratch.

ogres, jinyu, hozen, ethereal, naga, arrakoa, ect ect would all need to be full fledged races to be done right
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

He's talking about 7.3.5; Antorus is something else.

P.S. Also, if you want to cite a video then you could at least cite the time stamp.
    nobody has to watch the video, there is a transcript right below it.

nobody has to watch the video, there is a transcript right below it.
    Once again, the "small patch or two" is Patch 7.3.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    those wouldnt be allied races, those would be regular races and would require alot more work than these do.

highmountain tauren are just tauren with some different customization features like different antlers and tattoos

void elves are blood elves with different skin tones and hair styles

lightforged draenei are again just draenei with different skin tones and hair styles
    nightbourne are night elves with slightly modified ear placement and new skin tones, faces and hair styles

dark iron dwarves are again, dwarves with different skin tones and hair styles, AND theyre already in the game and likely will just be expanded on from the current 1 dark iron skin

zandalari trolls are trolls with upright posture and different textures and hair styles and considering orcs are getting an upright option its possible them being upright isnt unique to them and simply an option all trolls have

they also will likely all have new voice overs and emotes

so unless you want an ogre that walks and looks mostly like an orc (mok'nathal or brown skin orcs WOULD work though) were not getting ogres as an allied race. certainly not hozen or jinyu

until we see allied races that DONT use other races as a base with only slight modifications we shouldnt expect anything. thats why theyre not called new races and are picked from the old races spots.

one thing i could see is kul tiras humans and mok'nathal or brown skin orcs being added in a later patch. slightly bigger orcs and humans with new faces, skin and hair options.

allied races = existing race with modifications or extra options
    regular race = completely brand new, new animations, built from scratch.

ogres, jinyu, hozen, ethereal, naga, arrakoa, ect ect would all need to be full fledged races to be done right