Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's been the first expansion where every patch and their pacing has gone along a plan. I have no doubt it'll come close to the date they have in mind and i don't think that over a year is what they have in mind. There will be some minor patch with silithus and aftermath to prolong it a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    This is Blizzcon. They KNOW that THIS is the moment that matters. That they have to wow the crowd here. And they really failed at that.
    I was wowed. I heard gasps and cheers from the audience during the cinematic.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Beta lengths generally fall between 4 and 7 months. In order to not be out in 2018, BfA's beta would have to not start until June. I can't really imagine there are 8 months until beta starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    September 2018.
    There you go
    If we had an office pool going, I'd put my $ on July 2018. Two months after the novel is released. Hey I was right about Antorus!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Blizzard is playing it smart, randomly generated content for longer replayability. Once you got a good system running you have less work creating content and can release faster. I hope the campaign/story is any good! It feels a bit generic so far, mainly because it lacks a main villain (at the start).
    Anyone following the easter eggs knows the villain is still N'zoth. Instigating a new Alliance/Horde conflict is classic Old God strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're nutty if you think Beta takes more than a year. Also, the Opt-In was made available earlier than Legion.

I predicted Throne of Antorus would come out right after Thanksgiving, but some were like "You're stupid it won't be till next year."
    Now I am predicting that Battle for Azeroth will launch Summer of 2018.
    I could be wrong; I've been wrong before.
    But that is my prediction.

- - - Updated - - -

Is everyone forgetting they had at least some parts of BfA available for play on the convention floor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    wait really?
    Yes?

Also, I really think it will be out in 2018 as well. Based on the live feeds and the panels, they have a fuckton of the world design done, tons of models look ready, and dungeons done. They have a good foothold into their world. The coding and balancing is a large part yes, but the art portion is also a ton of work and they really seem like they are getting it down.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Blizzard is playing it smart, randomly generated content for longer replayability. Once you got a good system running you have less work creating content and can release faster. I hope the campaign/story is any good! It feels a bit generic so far, mainly because it lacks a main villain (at the start).
    Honestly I think a main villain would be generic. MoP also lacked one and it's storytelling was still great.

They've already confirmed it will come out in 2018.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Honestly I think a main villain would be generic. MoP also lacked one and it's storytelling was still great.
    I think it's refreshing to go back to an expansion where the theme isn't ONE BIG BAD OF DOOM. They're fun, but it can be overused so fast.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

totally fine if it takes a while, as long as it's polished content. Quality before an unfinished experience, please.

From an entirely rational point of view, the range of dates is:

Earliest Possible : 5th July 2018
    Latest Likely : 7th January 2019

Based on previous expansions.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well we'll be getting 7.3.5 in Jan/feb I reckon so even if its august september it'll only ba 6 month wait tops for new content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    From an entirely rational point of view, the range of dates is:

Earliest Possible : 5th July 2018
    Latest Likely : 7th January 2019

Based on previous expansions.
    I would change the earliest possible to early june. The latest to mid December.
    Antorus is almost here and 7.3.5 is around the corner for PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    Just because you say it will be out in 2019 doesnt mean it will be 2019

See where im going. its going to be 2018. It is cute you think 2019 though, that would bleed subs faster than a hooker
    See you in a year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    History has shown? This is what history has shown.

Lich king 2008 Release

Cataclysm 2009 Announcement, 2010 Release.

Mists of Pandaria 2011 Announcement, 2012 Release.

Warlords of Draenor 2013 Announcement, 2014 Release.

Legion 2015 Announcement, 2016 Release.

Battle for Azeroth 2017 Announcement, Release? You guessed it. 2018.

I am gonna bookmark this post and once the game comes out I'll put you on the wall shame and embarass you. Good day. Do your research.
    Can't wait to see you get owned when it's being announced, that it'll come out early 2019 (January), Loser. "Wall shame" nice gramar, you and 221 posts over 5 years roflmao.

it would be weird if another blizzcon passed and bfa hadnt released

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    See you in a year
    See you in a year buddy
    #TeamSylvanas

Deleted
    i can only say that ive never been this optimistic about the future of wow, especially when it comes to the rate of how fast we get new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    My God, the mindless blizzdrone fanboy squad is out in full force today. You just eat up any old thing they tell you don't you? Daddy blizzard would NEVER lie!
    Before the Storm, the prelude to BfA releases May 15th 2018. I suspect 8.0 will drop around then, and mid June to mid July the expansion will open up.

I view Blizzard's content outputting with a healthy dose of realism.