Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Sounds like the original Vanilla to me. My brother ran a few bots in Vanilla/BC. Constantly saw people on the same paths. Good ol' Glider. If you knew what you were looking for, and I did because I watched them on his PC (which I also played on, rip my account), you saw them all the time.
    do a /maraudon back in the day, it was like

lvl 60 hunter
    lvl 60 huner
    lvl 60 hunter

All farming

all of this remind me of the stories of chinese prisoners bieng forced to farm gold. i wonder if something like this still happens.

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    On a legit server with paid GMs and thousands of players to scout them, definitely. "None"? - No. "Few"? - Yes.
    Elysium's playerbase is like over half bots. I saw 4 of them running the same route in the barrens one day. It was depressing.
    Ah, I thought you meant that there wont be any, cause bots did not "exist" back then, mb.
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I for one welcome back Susanexpress and level 1 characters falling from the sky to form gold sellers company names in org lol
    The corpse spam was wrath as I remember using corpse explosion on them to screw with them.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    The corpse spam was wrath as I remember using corpse explosion on them to screw with them.
    Definitely happened before that too. I was a bigger fan of the 3D/animated advertisements myself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkEU545SmUE

I remmeber quitting Vanilla WoW for a while because I just could not deal with being whispered by goldseller 0.5 seconds after logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    They're not just going to use the old client and servers. It's going to be a modern WoW client (or a fork that tracks mainline changes) with vanilla limits and style but modern graphics rendering, anti-cheat mechanisms, and buildable on a modern dev system.
    I take it you work at blizzard ?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually remember prices $200 for $1 k g. back in Aug 2005 (EU). I'm afraid Blizz will introduce token for such lucrative market. And I'm willing to accept it together with updated graph in exchange for pledge to leave the rest intact precisely as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    I take it you work at blizzard ?
    They already told they will use modern tech server-side. We can safely assume there will be single client with "classic" tab.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-11-07 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    IRONY that people want to play vanilla to feel how hard to get gold and how everything was hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    will this be a problem ? i don't think blizzard can prevent this.
    No. They can't completely prevent it, but they have put in place mechanisms to catch botters and other cheaters, which will keep the problem at bay.

What I worry about is them having the token in WoW Classic. That would be an absolute deal-breaker for me.

Buying \ selling gold was actually a bannable offense. The fact that it happened, and will happen again, doesn't mean much, that's just the reality of MMO games.

"clean, fast and legit" go to www.imgonnascammyoudotcom or lets talk on our skype account:fordumbgulibblepeople ID. i mean i know they exist but why do people even risk making transactions with these kind of people in the 1st place? :O that has always baffled me
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

For an authentic experience, you have to enter account and credit card information on a chinese website and be scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    "clean, fast and legit" go to www.imgonnascammyoudotcom or lets talk on our skype account:fordumbgulibblepeople ID. i mean i know they exist but why do people even risk making transactions with these kind of people in the 1st place? :O that has always baffled me
    Same type of people who help the African prince to get his inheritance or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Sounds like the original Vanilla to me. My brother ran a few bots in Vanilla/BC. Constantly saw people on the same paths. Good ol' Glider. If you knew what you were looking for, and I did because I watched them on his PC (which I also played on, rip my account), you saw them all the time.
    Yes but back then Blizzard didn't have the tools to combat bots properly. Check the most common bot forum and there are tons of people being banned recently.
    I do realize it's an arms race and that bot makers also become better to hide it, but bots these days are nowhere near as rampart as they were back then.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Blizzard will use the WoW token system in Classic WoW.
    I bought the Vanilla WoW collector's edition the day it released in 2004. I absolutely want the classic servers to be as close to their original form as possible (minus bugs), but I honestly think that this is the best answer. No, there weren't any WoW tokens in Vanilla, but gold sellers were a nightmare. They spammed the chat channels and they were responsible for countless account hacks which Blizzard spent a lot of time dealing with. The fact of the matter is that gold WILL be sold on the servers one way or another. I would much rather it be handled by Blizzard. You get rid of most of the spammers, people won't have to enter their credit card info on a shady foreign website, and the money will help support classic servers for the thousands of people that have been wanting them for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Blizzard will use the WoW token system in Classic WoW.
    It would completely destroy the authenticity of the game. Big part of vanilla was the economy and getting enough gold to buy your mount etc. Being able to just buy gold from Blizzard would trivialize all that.

I really hope they understand that and don't do it, but my faith in Blizzard is very low. Either way, it's a deal breaker for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaprika View Post
    They will make a WoW token with different values probably. Like 400g 20 euros or something like that.
    No, they won't. Tokens will only be obtainable on current expansion servers. Simple as that. Otherwise I will be pissed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    The fact of the matter is that gold WILL be sold on the servers one way or another. I would much rather it be handled by Blizzard.
    The fact of the matter is that people WILL bot on the servers one way or another. Would you therefore also want Blizzard to sell botting capabilities?

WoW token does not belong in vanilla, it would completely destroy the authenticity. With modern cheat detection tech, Blizzard can keep gold selling at such a low level that it won't affect the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    The fact of the matter is that people WILL bot on the servers one way or another. Would you therefore also want Blizzard to sell botting capabilities?

WoW token does not belong in vanilla, it would completely destroy the authenticity. With modern cheat detection tech, Blizzard can keep gold selling at such a low level that it won't affect the game.
    Not sure what modern cheat detection tech has to do with stopping a level 1 character from logging in and linking their gold selling website. Or stopping the actual transactions from taking place on said website. The gold seller plague is one part of authenticity that I do not want.