Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    when is the new xpac coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    That is completely retarded
    What are you talking about? That's great! The narrative will make sense from 1-120 now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    the be fair 1-60 and 80-85 should just fucking scale 1-85 since its the SAME storyline
    PLEEAAASEEE BLIZZARD DO THISS!!!!

Lol ion is going to get canned for saying that comment on stream. Too bad I think he was doing nicely.

Chris is art director. IE. the guy who has the schedule and shit. Ion basically said that its not planned but he is sure they will have time for it. Its overstepping on Ions part.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    seriously am i the only one that actually enjoyed the legendary system of legion? i know that having some legendaries be flat out better than others and having some be worthless is bad, but that feeling of actually getting a legendary cant be matched..

instead of blizzard just tweaking the system to make all legendaries utility, they go to an extreme in the other direction (as they always do...) and just remove the system entirely...

what theyve shown so far of the new heart of azeroth system with the slots on pieces of gear is just dull and boring in comparison.
    Yeah, they balanced legendaries pretty well right now and the drop chance is fine. Titanforge is shit, but getting legendaries is awesome. Shame they are taking one and not the other :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    So the 'battle for Azeroth' will mean that the Legion has actually made more changes to the map than an all out faction war where two cities are supposedly lost and Garrosh's war in Cata continues to be all that is shown. Come on blizz you CAN do better
    What are you talking about? The legion has made no changes to the map in the old world??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Where did Ion contradict this? Chris is the Art Director, so if he is saying it's not happening, who the hell is making these new models?
    They said it's not happening for 8.0, but it will happen somewhere during the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Lol ion is going to get canned for saying that comment on stream. Too bad I think he was doing nicely.

Chris is art director. IE. the guy who has the schedule and shit. Ion basically said that its not planned but he is sure they will have time for it. Its overstepping on Ions part.
    Ion is a game director. Chris is an art director. Art is a sub category of the game, so Ion is above him in pay-grade and in ranking.

Then again I think Chris referred to 8.0 patch itself, or the patch that enables the expansion, whereas Ion referred to somewhere down the line in BFA when they find the time. That way they are both right and they didn't step on anyone's toes either.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-11-07 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    They said it's not happening for 8.0, but it will happen somewhere during the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ion is a game director. Chris is an art director. Art is a sub category of the game, so Ion is above him in pay-grade and in ranking.
    Nah man they are on the same level. They are directors of their own departments. Art isn't subgategory of game. When you think about what kind of stuff Ion is making decision you should understand how it works. Ions involment is essentially the gameplay. Chris is working on how things look, models and animation shizzle.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not on the same level. Ion is in charge of the game as a whole, chris is manager for the overall art team.

Either way, it was confirmed by BOTH in the Q&A that both races would get updated after launch, mid-expansion, so chill your knickers ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Where did Ion contradict this? Chris is the Art Director, so if he is saying it's not happening, who the hell is making these new models?
    Posted this elsewhere, but...

Here's a rough transcript from the Battle for Azeroth Live Q&A which has the answer to your question:
    Hostess: Our next viewer would like to know when we are going to see the updated Worgen and Goblin character models.

Chris: So, actually, me and Ion have been trolling each other all weekend, saying opposite things for some odd reason, so... To clear things up; not for 8.0 but we are actually currently working on them. And no disrespect meant to either of the races for the delay it has taken us to get to that. I play a Goblin, we love those guys. I feel like the Goblin, and I think collectively we feel that the Goblin, as a race, are looking really good and really cool, both the male and female. They just need that visual update and more animations so they feel like in line with the current fidelity of the rest of the races.

So, Worgen on the other hand. Very happy with the male Worgen. I understand there's also a lot of unhappiness with the female Worgen, so as part of that process we would like to offer more facial features for them so they feel a little bit softer and more wolf-like and less... Chihuahua like.
    During Jesse Cox's Twitch stream of the Zandalar demo zone (which was before the Live Q&A), Ion "promised" that we would get the updated models in Battle for Azeroth. Not at launch, but later on in the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    During Jesse Cox's Twitch stream of the Zandalar demo zone (which was before the Live Q&A), Ion "promised" that we would get the updated models in Battle for Azeroth. Not at launch, but later on in the new expansion.
    He did not say "in the new expansion". He just said later on. He said likely in later patch but stopped there once he realized it because he is not sure about that either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why? They don't look that terrible and very few people play either, I'd rather them work on shit that matters
    Different team!