Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    You make it sound like everyone will pugging Naxx40 on their alts after each weekly reset. Difficulty is fine, log in and first re-learn how to play your class.

Private servers are not a good indication of how Official Classic servers will be. Those players you see on Classic realms are people that have played only Classic/TBC for years and know the game inside out.
    Your class should take under 10 minutes to learn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    If Vanilla comes out with 1.12, everything will be undertuned and demolished. I'd expect them to buff everything by 20% lulz.
    If its 1.12, ppl can just honor farm for Rank14 gear, making all non-tier MC/bwl loot useless.

Releasing 1.5 as first version should be good, patch were AV/WSG were first added.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Percyst View Post
    Your class should take under 10 minutes to learn.
    Really? You know this do you?

Deleted
    Good luck trying to do Ragnaros with no fire res, Blackwing Lair with no Onyxia Scale Cloaks, Ahn'Qiraj with no nature res and Naxxramas without frost res.

Even with TBC talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I know, this is why I chuckle for the attitude fits the phrase they used at the show.
    The chuckle is a lot of these threads a troll threads that kids just cant refuse to take the bait on.

It is like if I went into the Off topic forum here and posted something like "Alt right report: EU is guilty of as many war crimes as the US"

It would explode with EU try hards that make up a majority of these forums. But would that make what I say true? Right.. it wouldn't.

Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    people been whining for vanilla/classic for ages i hope Blizz give them the true vanilla/classic not some buffed up please the whiners version but wont hold my breath. i really cant wait to read the forums after its launch.

they wont be farming classic wow for gold to buy the sub fee thats for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The chuckle is a lot of these threads a troll threads that kids just cant refuse to take the bait on.

It is like if I went into the Off topic forum here and posted something like "Alt right report: EU is guilty of as many war crimes as the US"

It would explode with EU try hards that make up a majority of these forums. But would that make what I say true? Right.. it wouldn't.

Try again.
    Yup, that is true but many ends up in the thread as well, who supports the views.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Dudes.

People want Vanilla to be Vanilla.

Not Vanilla with random changes that you find appropriate. Holy hell, if you want all that difficulty, or random QOL improvements, or random changes you find adequate, just stick to Legion\BFA.

People want classic\vanilla the way it WAS. Holy fuck.

From what I've watched on youtube of people explaining Vanilla raiding, it seems that if you can actually get enough people, semi competent people who have done some Mythic raiding, the bosses will just fall over.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they make changes to the Classic Servers, it won't actually be WoW Classic. They need to keep it as is. I hope they do it where it starts from an early patch and they release new raids and patches later on. Someone suggested 1.5 (the BG patch), which I agree with. The game doesn't have all the hand holding of today, and people need to realize that it should stay that way. The minute you make 1 change to it, it opens up pandoras box. Don't change a thing. Keep it as it was. I never got to finish Naxx in Vanilla and would love to progress through it again.

To answer questions:

YES, i liked having to search for groups in chat
    YES, I liked farming res gear
    NO, I don't mind that some specs weren't viable
    NO, I don't mind that mounts didn't come until level 40 if you had the gold for it

I liked the time sink that came with the game. I won't have the same amount of time I did years ago, but that will just mean it will take me a lot longer to get through the content. I liked that everything wasn't instant to get to new areas all the time. Travelling the world made it seem so big. We'll see how it goes, but I really hope they don't make any changes at all to give the true Classic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the long dungeons were fine with me its the trying to form groups that was inept. without a basic group tool its just random ppl shouting into a scrolling fucking marquee.
    and this is the classic experiance, people wanted it, people will get it

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    The only reason I would play vanilla would be to level a mage to 60 and blizzard that AV bridge.
    Not far from my thinking, although my plan involves dropping infernals on it.

Yup, that is true but many ends up in the thread as well, who supports the views.
    We got people that support Hitler after all. It doesn't really give weight to supporting Hitler. People on the internet will support anything and usually for one point stupid reasons to earn a reaction. It takes more than "it gets views" and "it gets replies" to matter. Sure it looks one sided. Because this place utterly silence anyone when the shoe was on the other foot. You basically got banned if you talked about wanting classic realms here when it wasn't a thing. But now, with the announcement, it is pretty much allowed and open season on trolling and attacking classic realms. So I wonder why it looks so the way it does? Pretty simple. The system allows it. Tag everyone that trolls with a month ban and in a week its over.

I mean just look at other areas on this forum. When you get one subject like "do you want flying" and another one pops up they are merged. Or one is closed and people are directed to the other. Is that happening here? Oh hell no. We got 12 threads on "Change classic!!" without a single merge. None being closed down. One can only assume its either an agenda being put forth or just incompetence. So another reason why it looks sensationalized. One side is being moderated and controlled while this is being allowed to run wild with 100s of subjects over the same thing all echo cambering each other to make it look like this massive mob.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Dudes.

People want Vanilla to be Vanilla.

Not Vanilla with random changes that you find appropriate. Holy hell, if you want all that difficulty, or random QOL improvements, or random changes you find adequate, just stick to Legion\BFA.

People want classic\vanilla the way it WAS. Holy fuck.
    I have never once heard someone who wanted vanilla servers go on a rant about raid difficulty anyway. Thats such a modern WoW thing and sure some stories of 60 naxx got overblown but regardless the facts are the facts and it was virtually never cleared. Vanilla WoW is more of a grind MMO and that is what people want.

7+ Year Old Account
    People 10-manning Rag in blues the week of release on a private server, so what? That won't happen on Classic WoW if they stick to the whole "we are all about making this experience as close to the original as possible" drum that J. Allen Brack was beating all weekend. Making things close to the original may involve simply making mobs and raid bosses have higher health pools and hit harder, just to slow people down. That's all good, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    I have never once heard someone who wanted vanilla servers go on a rant about raid difficulty anyway. Thats such a modern WoW thing and sure some stories of 60 naxx got overblown but regardless the facts are the facts and it was virtually never cleared. Vanilla WoW is more of a grind MMO and that is what people want.
    Reason so few cleared naxx 40 was tbc came out right after it so people quit raiding to wait for the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That's likely the reason I wont play Classic. I dont have time for that kind if timesink, like I did when I was younger. Couple that with farming dungeons for resist gear, which still took forever (looking at you, Dire Maul for my Nature Resist gear), and I simply can't do it.

It's why I like retail. Me and my friends can jump in, play for an hour, do something meaningful for character progression and go about our lives.
    You can do thid also in Vannila. Problem with people like you is that they expect to get everything even when they spend very small fraction of time and effort in the game. People didnt had time even back in vannila. Onyl difference from now was you simply didnt get to see and kill 100% of all content. Which was totaly fine for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    You can do thid also in Vannila. Problem with people like you is that they expect to get everything even when they spend very small fraction of time and effort in the game. People didnt had time even back in vannila. Onyl difference from now was you simply didnt get to see and kill 100% of all content. Which was totaly fine for us.
    I was a hardcore raider in Vanilla. Server first Ragnaros on Lightbringer, through Sunwell. I'm pretty ok with not seeing 100% of the content now. I spent my -time- on the game, me and my room mates spent upwards to 16 hours in the game, as hardcore raiders, enjoying what Vanilla had to offer.

I don't have time to do that shit again. Because it took -time- to do anything worthwhile and meaningful, because of grinds and gates. Which I get. If you have time, cool. But I'm willing to bet most won't for one reason or another.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    From what I've watched on youtube of people explaining Vanilla raiding, it seems that if you can actually get enough people, semi competent people who have done some Mythic raiding, the bosses will just fall over.
    That's obvious to anyone. What made vanilla raids hard were the preparation and the lack of knowledge about the game. There was no "manual on how to be an epic raider" in vanilla, hell there were hardly even any guides on how to play your class. That's not to say that people didn't learn how to play their class properly or how to actually become successful raiders in vanilla, but those people would not go and make a videoguide about it on not-YouTube for everyone to see and learn, so the knowledge on how to be successful raiders were kept secret to the raiding guilds specifically. Heck, people would refrain from even taking screenshots of the kill because it could reveal information like where they tanked the boss. Preparation was also a major factor, like I mentioned. How would anyone know ahead of time that you would need 120 Greater Shadow Protection Potions for the entire raid per attempt on Loatheb?

But today, when all fights are know to minute detail and can even be practiced in certain ways maybe years before they're officially re-released to a level appropriate for the bosses in question? There's no doubt that serveral, maybe hundreds of guilds will clear even Naxxramas the first day it's released. But that's only because people will have time to prepare for it, because everyone knows what's needed to clear that place.

To be honest, I am starting to actually believe Blizzard's answer.

"You think you want it but you don't" for all I see is people that want the old version but with the benefits of current content. As well, wouldn't think Vanilla/Classic would be able to be called progression. I am sorry, I had the thought that since people chanted for classic/vanilla, that they would be expecting exactly that.
    Except the massive answer to "should we change something" is "no" everywhere (just look at the polls here, and yet these polls are open to trolls from retail).
    It's not because a few idiots come and say "we should change this", half of them being trolls trying to raise the exact kind of response than yours, that the consensus from people who fought to get Classic servers have changed.

All the famous private servers have next to no changes from strict Vanilla, despite being able to tweaks things however they like. That should be a hint.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-11-07 at 05:38 PM.