Deleted

Classic WoW and Patch History

Ok to start off. I'm not one of the people who asked for Vanilla WoW, I've never really been for it or against it, but nevertheless I'm extremely excited to log on for the first time!

My question is (I'm not fully up to date with my Blizzcon VODs so I'm sorry if it's been answered), how are they going to roll out the patch history? So for example will the ZG patch be released roughly a year after launch, or will they speed up the process behind these? This leads to the second question, will they eventually release TBC onto a classic server? I doubt there's clear-cut answers yet but it's pretty interesting to think about!

Personally I'd love like a "progressional vanilla" realm type, where the expansions would be released at their standard, or possibly a slightly accelerated timescale. (I doubt this would ever happen, but it's nice to dream)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has not said anything about anything yet.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Here's what I think should and will most likely happen:

Talents, Spells, Gear (buffed up dungeon gear) and Quests will be set at patch 1.12. Dungeons/raids/AQ event etc... will be released after appropriate intervals (i.e no Dire Maul/Maraudon at launch. Only MC/Ony available at launch (No T-2 gear will drop from MC {ragnanor obv will} like it did at launch).

Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Here's what I think should and will most likely happen:

Talents, Spells, Gear (buffed up dungeon gear) and Quests will be set at patch 1.12. Dungeons/raids/AQ event etc... will be released after appropriate intervals (i.e no Dire Maul/Maraudon at launch. Only MC/Ony available at launch (No T-2 gear will drop from MC {ragnanor obv will} like it did at launch).
    Thats not the vanilla what most people experienced. Patch 1.12 already had massive nerfs to dungeons and raids like MC. We want full vanilla experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really surprised that noone came up with this question at Blizzcon, or it was in the q list but got avoided/rejected. Will classic be progressive from 1.4 honor system patch up to 1.12 or will it be straight 1.12 at its launch? Nobody knows, nobody asks.

Can't speak for the patch situation... that's kind of a hard one.
    As far as the expansion, I think they will test Vanilla to see how well it does. If it's really popular, I'm sure they will release at LEAST BC and WOTLK, as those were the peak of WoW (At least WOTLK was). It'll be exciting to see how far they go with this. Having all this choice to go back and play your favorite Xpac could lead to WoW forever! (Think of the people that still go back and play classic games, E.G. Atari, Nintendo, Genesis etc.)
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."