Thread: Sub races...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Good to know. What's the difference?
    Calling them "sub races" would imply they're in a less developed evolutionary stage.

But for now, they're reskins of current player races.
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-06 at 02:10 AM.

No death knights and no demon hunters, because we are well past the time those were trained/created. If we're recruiting new races in the present then lore-wise they cannot then go back in time and get turned by Arthas lol no. The devs still care about lore when it comes to classes (at least some things). Be happy you can be like 10 races for DK; there are only 4 for Druid.

Good to know. What's the difference?
    "Sub-races" imply, for example, you select "Dwarf" and you either got several 'dark iron' skins. "Allied races" are separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The artifacts are going away from a gameplay perspective. You're keeping them with your character otherwise there would be no transmog for them.

Bolvar's raising forces at his leisure, and seeing as the old gods are around the corner, there's no reason why he couldn't expand his forces, knowing full well the xpac is going to end on a confrontation with Azshara.
    You do know how the wardrobe works, where as long as you have had the weapon/armor at some point you get the skin for it. So we have had the weapon, and we could sell it to a vendor after Legion and still have it's appearance. Nothing that has been said has implied that we are physically keeping them as bag stuffers though.

He was really not raising forces at his leisure, he saw a threat that the world needed to respond to, and as such he responded. That's not at his leisure, it's responding to a threat that would have ended the world (and obviously himself as well).
    Side note of, it was said we will deal with Azshara during the expac, not it will end with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Sub-races" imply, for example, you select "Dwarf" and you either got several 'dark iron' skins. "Allied races" are separate.
    So the character creation UI is different. Why do you feel that was in any way meaningful to point out?

Tbh the ONLY races that i can think of as making sense for being DKS are Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Trolls. None of the others make sense lore wise.

Since the Lich King can still raise DKs and the player can arguably do so also, any race could be a DK. The starting experience wouldn't work, though.

Remember the new allied races start in Stormwind/Orgrimmar at level 20 with basic gear, right? So you do the same thing with those allied race DKs, at level 60. Boom, done.

Since the Lich King can still raise DKs and the player can arguably do so also, any race could be a DK. The starting experience wouldn't work, though.

Remember the new allied races start in Stormwind/Orgrimmar at level 20 with basic gear, right? So you do the same thing with those allied race DKs, at level 60. Boom, done.
    and then be burned by your faction wich lead to conclusion "bolvar gone nuts, he started raising new undead and must be stopped!" so new wotlk release? Man really. there is no new DK because factions can react on this VEEEERY bad (and 4 new horsemen was raised with power of artifact and in times of VEEEEERY DIRE NEED)

Seeing as how new DKs (4 horsemen) were just recently created, I don't see why they can't add them into the story somehow.

did you ignored part where i said about reaction of factions on this (we already gone a little overboard when ressed Nazgrim and Thoras, be happy if leaders will close their eyes on this) and us losing artifact weapon? Hello! this was dire need to do this! and now when factions at war there is no such need (their hate can be EEEEEASILY redirected on Bolvar and Archeus), because now this is war of the living and our planet survival not depend on who will win or lose .

oh. and you want to call someone from DK player like "Omgpwner" your papa for ressing your DK?

Looks like Dark Iron Dwarves are being considered but sadly no Zandalari Trolls. FeelsBadMan.

I hope we at least get the new hair and horn options from the LF goats in the barbershop for normal draenei

Deleted
    Well the reason is:

Allied Races start at lvl 20, DKs at lvl 55.

Pewpew. Iron Dwarves could become an option. But they need to figure out a way. Otherwise you will level a DK because DKs dont need to level from 20 to 55.

Storywise it makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranora View Post
    Is it true that no of the new subraces can be a deathknight? I am very disappointed about that tbh...i really hoped to be able to play a highelf/voidelf dk on the alliance side...i really miss my bloodelf female dk since i changed my fraction a few months ago.
    Example: voidelves can be a monk...but not a dk...idk - what do you guys think about it?
    I understand that feeling!

Well, lore speaking that's impossible.
    Death Knights' rise is prior to the event tied to Alleria and her new vow to the void.
    Same goes for the Demon Hunters.

I have always loved Blood Elves, despite all of my friends always playing on the Alliance. I never really hated the horde, I truly find it fascinating and different from the Alliance. They both have their qualities and defects, they are two different styles and there is no better one, of course.

The thing is that before caring about my cause or allegiance (this is about me, I don't expect it to be a general opinion of course) I care about the player itself I'm playing with: I have to feel comfortable with what I am playing, otherwise I can't enjoy the game. And sadly, the only race I've ever really enjoyed playing is the blood elf. That's why I chose Horde against anything else. On the other hand, I find Alliance to be more fascinating: I like its hero characters better, the story, the cities, the environment, the lore. Everything I like better on the Alliance, but I never really cared. Now that it's given the possibility to play in a (cooler) blood elf model on the Alliance side, I really want to roll a Void Elf... except that I main a Demon Hunter, thus I won't be able to most likely play as one.

Perhaps, given I'll have enough friends for me to be worth to reroll either a rogue or a shadow priest, then I'll do.
    Otherwise, I'll just stick to my demon hunter

I just think instead that Demon Hunters and Death Knight should have their own separate faction, tho'.
    I am really not, despite me prefering Alliance, a faction kind of guy. I prefer solitude, or a different cause.
    That's why I love being an Illidari

With the Dark Irons being considered to be able to become DKs, I believe blizz has 2 options:

1) 99.9 %-The quest where you kill the argent crusade member of your own species will simply be appear, added to the game as if the npc has always been there. Similar to when the worgen and goblin npc was added. Thus the starting experience stays exactly the same as it always has when creating a DK. Break free from Arthas, attack on light hope etc...

2) For that tiny, tiny miniscule % that new DKs are being raised, no more time bubble. So either Bolvar or some other npc are actively recruiting new DKs (yes I know you already kind of see it in Legion). But that would require a new starting zone, quests etc... and I don't see blizz taking the time or effort to do that. It would be interesting though.

While it would be nice to see sub races for Death Knights I doubt they will allow it. The only two that I could see them allowing it on is the Zandalari and the Dark Iron Dwarves. Heres to hoping we get something new though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    With the Dark Irons being considered to be able to become DKs, I believe blizz has 2 options:
    hm? i am not surprised but considered? where?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    At this point blizzard should just remove class/race restrictions. They definitely have not stuck to the lore, so what would be the big deal.
    No, I'm not in favor of this AT ALL.

Nothing welcomes new allies quite like forcing them into the curse of undeath.

Quote Originally Posted by Magooch View Post
    Nothing welcomes new allies quite like forcing them into the curse of undeath.
    Hey, it worked just fine with the DK campaign, nobody seemed to mind your massacre at Light's Hope Chapel or raising major figures in each faction.

I mean, if the draenei are fine with shadow priests in their midst as well as DK's despite their zealotry for the light, the other races can't be much worse.