Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    We're not going to get "vanilla" anyway unless they disable addons and database websites (ie wowhead). People are completely delusional if they think vanilla is going to be hard with the current addon and website guides available.

The only way to have a vanilla experience is without addons. If anyone thinks otherwise you're fucking delusional.

The only gameplay thing(s) for vanilla that I'd "fix" is that I'd replace hearthstone with flying whistle (but still hearthstone cooldown). No more hearthstone.

I'd also remove corpse running. If you release from corpse you revive at the closest inn(hearth). No more running back to your corpse.

I'd also remove instant battle rez and allow rezing any time. Any time you die you get a stacking debuff (-10% stats and durability). You'll have to "repair" your stats by waiting at an Inn (spirit guide for PVP) or by using a food item and waiting the entire "eat" duration (not just till the buff).
    First you whine about addons and database websites -which did infact exist- calling it all delusional and then you crawl back with that by changing some game mechanics.

Cant have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    We're not going to get "vanilla" anyway unless they disable addons and database websites (ie wowhead). People are completely delusional if they think vanilla is going to be hard with the current addon and website guides available.

The only way to have a vanilla experience is without addons. If anyone thinks otherwise you're fucking delusional.
    Pretty sure the only delusional person is you, if you seriously think Vanilla had no addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I want Plain striding on my Tauren. Lets get Release Vanilla... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Pretty sure the only delusion person is you, if you seriously think Vanilla had no addons.
    I've seen Vanilla videos where I literally could not see the characters with the amount of addons the guy had. Dunno where this notion of "No addons" seemed to have come from.

The problem is that it's not players who actually wanted vanilla but rather current retail players who's autistic screech we are witnessing right now. Vanilla enthusiasts don't have an active sub and can't post on forums and they probably left MMOC too since it was forbidden to talk about vanilla here. The only way to experience somewhat closer to vanilla right now are pirate servers but you can't talk about it anywhere except platforms devoted to these servers. So go talk to them if you want more honest opinion. I personally had a small talk with my guild mates(on a pirate server) on discord and warlocks were defending the 16 debuff slot limit because without it their experience wouldn't be authentic.

Deleted
    I think its also good to remember that this forum is pretty much a retail wow forum. Classic wow sub forum has been here for only few days.
    Big portion of the ppl who played vanilla on those private servers, or are just waiting for them to happen are likely not reading these forums. Why would they really.
    If ppl want more realistic picture on what ppl who play on those servers want, the answers are on the forums where they talk.

Goodluck for the people that want to farm raid armor with 40 people hahaha. ow yeah and lets not forget those low drop rate quests.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I see Classic servers eventually going the way of OSRS. Eventually new content will need to be put out, I think having a vote and allowing the community of the vanilla server itself decide on what gets added would be a good balance between peoples issues currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The thing is, now there's 3 communities rather than 2. It used to be Private Legacy vs Retail.
    Now? It'll be purists from Private, not-so-purists from Retail/whom currently do not play and then the Live players (since Official Classic servers, will be retail too).

The question is, will the purists outnumber those wanting Classic without the warts...?
    I think they should release it as was at the end patch. No QOL-features, no class balancing, no tweaks to boss mechanics etc etc.
    Oh it's worse than that. It's the Pure Classic crowd vs several different New Classic crowds. There are the New Classic people who just want some of the most obvious bugs fixed and exploits patched. Then there's the QoL crowd... they just want longer Blessings, etc. Then there' the Class Balance crowd who really wanted Classic but not THOSE specs...

It's amusing because it was all so predictable. After spending years bleating about how "all blizzard has to do is put the code on a server!" now they want changes.

Strawman arguments much? Of coarse addons and informative websites existed, but not on the scale they do now. Pretty much everything from vanilla wow was solved and mathed out, and players are mechanically far better than they were. I plan to give classic a try, but let's not pretend it's going to be remotely the same experience vanilla was a decade ago, even if the gameplay is identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    Goodluck for the people that want to farm raid armor with 40 people hahaha. ow yeah and lets not forget those low drop rate quests.
    I'm going to skip this time the Revenge of the Un'goro crater. I'll rather grind mobs.

The people who didn't want legacy servers in the first place, like the vocal majority of this forum, are the people who are suggesting and asking for changes.
    The people who have been asking for legacy servers for many years now still want them as they were.

It's funny how it works isn't it? Especially here, where the general opinion has been negative towards legacy servers. Now that they are officially announced, vocal majority changed their view from "NO WAY" to "WELL FIX THIS AND THAT THEN".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm going to skip this time the Revenge of the Un'goro crater. I'll rather grind mobs.
    But ..but..Devilsaur wanna play with u :|

Quote Originally Posted by MMOCAccount123 View Post
    But ..but..Devilsaur wanna play with u :|
    My warrior back then didn't like playing with them. They play too rough. As did other half of the zone of super buffed elite dinos.

I suspect that the large part of the "No wait we want a FIXED Vanilla!" is coming from the anti-vanilla camp that behaves like classic servers threaten their very lifehood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundistaya View Post
    The people who didn't want legacy servers in the first place, like the vocal majority of this forum, are the people who are suggesting and asking for changes.
    The people who have been asking for legacy servers for many years now still want them as they were.

It's funny how it works isn't it? Especially here, where the general opinion has been negative towards legacy servers. Now that they are officially announced, vocal majority changed their view from "NO WAY" to "WELL FIX THIS AND THAT THEN".
    I dont get it either but I am of the mindset that both "Vanilla" and the feared, repolished rebrand, "Classic" are both games I don't want anymore.

Kul'Tiras, Zandalar and Queen Azshara, now there's something that should have original players excited. Just like Legion saw an uptick of returning oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    No. This is still the retail ppl vs classic ppl. The idea behind this is still the same. Arguments have just changed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundistaya View Post
    I doubt that. I've seen a lot of people who want Classic now immediately change to "It should be this or that." In fact most were like that prior, just that they weren't vocalizing it as much before they were more focused on getting them implemented first.

I don't really care about Vanilla/Classic, but if they want me to play more than 2 hours then they should apply some stuff ( improve User interface)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    This stuff makes me laugh, when people say things like "We want the original as it was!"
    I am sure you think that, maybe some of you even do, but the majority of players who will try it do not want that. There were so many things wrong with original as to be unreal.
    People who are asking for vanilla servers fully know they weren't perfect. But ask for them anyway. I think you re missing the point here : people who want to play vanilla servers can fully bear to play a game that isn't perfect.

Yes of course there are part of wow vanilla (and even TBC) that were frustrating or outright ridiculous (like some respawn timers), it doesn't prevent the games to be worthwhile. But if you cannot handle the annoyances, classic isn't the game for you.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-11-07 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    As someone who played Vanilla and doesn't want to see Classic servers at all, I say make some changes.
    Okay, you can stay the fuck out together with your opinion. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though