Poll: Should Classic server xmog, transfer over to live?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ABSOLUTELY!!! This just makes obvious sense as we work towards something we see benefits in all aspects of our account. If you spend 100 days fighting for a chance at Raganros's hammer you should see that impact on your main account. Unfortunately, there is this fine line of keeping Classic CLASSIC. If you can't handle some changes to keep people interested to continue then it will die out.

Many people on both sides of every argument can start to agree that classic is bugged and had a ton of issues. I pray that blizzard finds the balance we need and deserve for all. Not every will be happy here and once we understand that we can move forward happy with our beloved game Vanilla. We should be flipping happy were even getting them. Let blizzard make the choices and if you want to change something then fight for it.. that's how all this came about anyways.

For the love of god... its going to be years before this is released. If we get too overwhelmed with the details now we will be so sick and twisted when blizzard releases them it won't be the fun they have designed for us.

I for one want two things changed with vanilla. The ability to have updated models to be toggled and some updated tuning to the last Naxx patch in Vanilla to bring down mana costs for some of the other specs (so that we can cast totems - for freak sake that's all we shamans did). Subtle changes will be welcomed but we all need to agree to that in a constructive manner. I for one would like to see people coming to vanilla who havnt played it and not have a miserable experience as most of vanilla was. It wasn't really great until late AQ-Naxx era. Bugs fixed and less lag than ever. Love this community and cannot wait to see what blizzard does.

Wouldn't it be great if blizzard secretly gave us vanilla servers for Christmas? I miss the days when companies didn't care about Q1,2,3,4 and it truly wanted to give their fans something fun without a marketing scheme behind it. No matter how blizzard does this Vanilla is going to be successful in some manner.

Nope. You want T3 on modern servers? There's the BMAH. You didn't get it when you played Classic yourself? Tough shit.

Oh, heck no! People should play Classic because they want to be there, not because they feel "forced" or need something "worthwhile" out of it.
    That's retail mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWDontu View Post
    I can see two arguments to this. Keep it classic and separate, but at the same time, you have earned these pieces and live server toons should have them as well. Thoughts?

EDIT: I am referring to gear that you obtain on Classic servers, allowed to mog on Live servers, not sending anything to Classic servers. It would just add gear from Classic to be added to your appearance tab on LIVE servers.

EDIT 2: I AM NOT SAYING CLASSIC SHOULD HAVE TRANSMOG OPTIONS.
    I think it'd be a cool idea, but I couldn't care less if it gets implemented or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I feel like everyone is misreading the OP.

I'm all for items earned in Vanilla mode being added to your real-WoW collection. It lets us obtain those items which are no longer available and saves Blizzard the trouble of adding them to live. It's a nice way to keep people playing for more than a week before realising Vanilla was shit.

I don't care about the prestige of your precious tier 3, if you're so special, go do mythic.
    I agree. The special snowflakes who want to keep their "prestige" items exclusive so long after they have any relevance can go DIAF. That kind of attitude where only certain people can have certain items EVAAAARRRRRR is the poison of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be worth the amount of potential effort for them to put in such a thing. It's piss easy to obtain the majority of vanilla transmogs, aside from the discontinued sets of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I agree. The special snowflakes who want to keep their "prestige" items exclusive so long after they have any relevance can go DIAF. That kind of attitude where only certain people can have certain items EVAAAARRRRRR is the poison of the game.
    Funny because people who like to keep things prestigious also think your mindset is the poison of the game.

Seriously, how is it even bad for the game to have exclusive items.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2017-11-07 at 08:38 PM.

100% absolutely not. These are TWO DIFFERENT GAMES.

The End.

While I personally wouldn't mind.

It will never happen.

I seriously doubt Blizzard would fuck over all the people that spent millions of gold, obtaining their T4 pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What are you asking? If gear you attain on te Classic server should be available to your Live server characters as if they had acquired them themselves?

What particularly are you seeking that has been removed from the game to spur such a question?
    Ateish? Corrupted/cleansed ashbringer?

I made a similar thread over in the achievements & transmog subforum, and I also got a surprising amount of triggered Vanilla purists who didn't even comprehend what I wanted.

I understand and share your desire for retired vanity items, and I think the announcement of Classic servers is a perfect opportunity to start talking about that, but I don't think we should earn them on the Classic servers. It's not good for either side to have people from standard come over to the legacy realms just to farm things for their mains, not to mention that any collections interface we might need to track those items account-wide would mess with the integrity of the Vanilla experience.

No, I believe any previously retired mounts and items that are added on a Legacy server should simply return to Standard as well. The original epic racial mounts become available on Classic servers? Good, put them on a vendor in Standard for 10k a piece. ZG and Naxx open in Classic? Good, add them to the timewalking cycle in Standard and let the mounts and T3 pieces drop there. Legacy realms got all the way to Naxx 2.0? Fine, reintroduce the Black and Plagued proto drakes in Standard, either via the old Glory meta or a timewalking Immortal achievement. Legacy MoP opens up and Challenge modes and SoO open up? You guessed it! Bring the retired mounts back to Standard.

Extremely rare stuff like Black Qiraji Battle Tank and later on Gladiator mounts should be an exception (maybe they shouldn't even hold such events on Legacy realms to begin with, because there's no telling what people might expect once they actually earn something like this), but EVERYTHING that was removed due to the changing nature of the game, or based on a rule that did not stay consistent throughout the game (*cough* Glory meta *cough*), should return to Standard as soon as the Classic version opens up, for two very strong reasons:

1. If it is fair for Vanilla and other Legacy Expansion fans to ask for the entire experience of that expansion to be recreated for them, it is eminently fair for mount and transmog collectors in Standard to ask for retired mounts and items to once again become available in their version of the game. There is simply no reasonable counter-argument to this.

2. There should be no ulterior motives to play on Classic or any other Legacy realms other than curiosity or passion for the game as it was back then. If Legacy servers hold exclusive rewards, people will inevitably start asking for transfers or merged collections, either before they join those server, or after they earn the rewards. On the long run, it's better if Blizzard avoids the argument altogether by simply making everything available in Standard as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'll probably play classic if the cosmetic rewards carry to live, otherwise likely not.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Why do you even need transmog on Classic? It simply has no place there.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Where is the option "I don't care, period" ? Because I WILL play on Classic servers, but I really don't give a shit if people in BfA can use transmog from items in Classic. As long as Classic servers don't have transmog themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Ateish? Corrupted/cleansed ashbringer?
    I didn't think you could transmog Legendaries did they relent on that in the end?

For sure I know there are clearly items that fit the bill. Just that from the way the OP was asking it was the only thing I could think of as areason to want this implementation, so was curious what he, personally, was after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I keep saying, Classic shouldn't have xmog, just having the appearance unlocked on live. If you can actually raid 40 man successfully, why shouldn't you have the appearances? It's not like people will blow through that content or EVERYONE will have tier 3. It's difficult content.
    Because they aren't the same game and you should not force people to play different games to improve your collection.

It's already very annoying for collectors to get stuff from SC or Diablo, why make it even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    2. There should be no ulterior motives to play on Classic or any other Legacy realms other than curiosity or passion for the game as it was back then. If Legacy servers hold exclusive rewards, people will inevitably start asking for transfers or merged collections, either before they join those server, or after they earn the rewards. On the long run, it's better if Blizzard avoids the argument altogether by simply making everything available in Standard as well.[/SIZE]
    I mean I don't know if you've been paying attention last few years but I can't remember the last product that attempted to sell itself off it's own merit.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no transmog on the Classic servers. Just have it added to your BNET collection is what I'm referring to.
    I guess obtaining a corrupted ashbringer transmog could be cool...but then that opens a new can of worms with people complaining it isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    It's already very annoying for collectors to get stuff from SC or Diablo, why make it even more?
    Freely admit to buying Heart of the Swarm for the Baneling pet. :P And more strength to Blizzard for doing cross platform promotions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Yeah, I'll probably play classic if the cosmetic rewards carry to live, otherwise likely not.
    Pretty much my attitude too

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I mean I don't know if you've been paying attention last few years but I can't remember the last product that attempted to sell itself off it's own merit.
    I'm not sure Blizzard would want to purposely push people who play Standard into WoW Classic. Bring back an untapped population, give people something to check out during a drought, had something out to the community to gain sympathy, sure... But ultimately there's nothing to gain from splitting the population like that. You pay a subscription to them either way, it's a zero gain if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I guess obtaining a corrupted ashbringer transmog could be cool...but then that opens a new can of worms with people complaining it isn't fair.
    I think the simple introduction of Classic servers pisses all over people who did it "back in the day". A whole new generation of people can do it all over again, it doesn't really matter if it carries over to Standard or not.