Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wish racials were purely passive and non combat based so people can feel free to play any races without being main maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    If they nerf those, they HAVE To nerf the Human racial.

Honestly I really wish they would just get rid of gameplay racials.
    They have nerfed it into the ground, it is a stun escape now that does not work on all stuns...... What are you talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Come on man... Game Breaking? Seriously... Be real. A ramp up time would be a very unnecessary nerf.
    How about you will get something completely different and no Silence. Hmm Horde have AOE silince and AOE stun......So how about they just get rid of all of it and you get passives. Guess what you arguing not to nerf it shows how powerful it truthfully is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    silence is understandable, dont see the reason to touch rocket jump though
    When top guilds are race changing to it for mobility on progression kills it then make sense.

Pretty sure the majority of players are BE because of aesthetics, the Horde has been like 75% BEs since their introduction in Outlands WAY before this apparent issue with their silence. Virtually every other faction choice except for some females your toon is going to have a hunchback, gross. Allied factions are going to help tremendously with this, we'll finally have straight walking trolls and orcs! It only took them 13 years

OT Arcane torrent actually fits well into the lore, a sudden burst of magic can interrupt spell casting like a small blast can put out a flame. Maybe remove the duration on the silence to better represent that fact?

Just remember that skips enabled by Shadowmeld are totally fine.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    They have nerfed it into the ground, it is a stun escape now that does not work on all stuns...... What are you talking about

- - - Updated - - -

How about you will get something completely different and no Silence. Hmm Horde have AOE silince and AOE stun......So how about they just get rid of all of it and you get passives. Guess what you arguing not to nerf it shows how powerful it truthfully is.

- - - Updated - - -

When top guilds are race changing to it for mobility on progression kills it then make sense.
    I'm not arguing because Silence is OP, it's because every argument presented so far is not enough to warrant it. I'm completely Ok with an overhaul, just don't tell me it's "gamebreaking" when its been around for almost a decade with little changes and now because of the inclusion to m+ it's an issue. Just remove the interrupt and that problem is fixed and if you're a caster either kite and stay more than 8 yards away or just take it just like how rogues do against orcs and humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I think the AoE silence is way too strong. They nerfed trolls back when they were proving too strong for PvE content. Can't imagine they're happy about 5 man groups of BEs being insanely strong in M+, and in PvP they're already the top race for about anything but relentless Orc warrior.

I'd say keep the resource regen and +crit%. That's more than what most races get, in line with Worgen anyway
    Just to correct but blood elves aren't the top race in PvP. If anything it's perfectly balanced and competitive with human and orc. Just look at the ladder and you'll see belf, human, and orc variations of classes high up on the ladder. Even troll has become a viable option for some classes.

Honestly though, I wish they'd just completely remove racials. Racial abilities just seem archaic to me and make it harder for Blizzard to properly balance classes. At least in PvP that's the case with racials such as human trinket and orc relentless.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    Just remember that skips enabled by Shadowmeld are totally fine.
    /s
    they totally are on the same power level . sure, we all see how nelfs were abused in BGs, and in MDI and raids shadowmeld totally trivialized mechanics

I'm not arguing because Silence is OP, it's because every argument presented so far is not enough to warrant it. I'm completely Ok with an overhaul, just don't tell me it's "gamebreaking" when its been around for almost a decade with little changes and now because of the inclusion to m+ it's an issue. Just remove the interrupt and that problem is fixed and if you're a caster either kite and stay more than 8 yards away or just take it just like how rogues do against orcs and humans.
    You're the only one here who seems to have the opinion AT is fine.
    Let's break it down
    - AT launches in BC and required 5 mana taps to charge iirc (never played BE)
    - at some point in late BC or early Wrath it gets reduced to 3 charges
    - in Cataclysm(?) they remove mana tap completely, or maybe a raid patch of WotLk this happened
    - in WoD BEs ALSO get a 1% crit bonus and their resource regen starts applying to secondary resources for Paladin, I think it always restored chi and a random rune for DK
    - ALSO in WoD, tons of classes lost CC utility spells, meaning having an extra one becomes extremely desirable
    - in Legion they reduced the CD to 1.5 mins.

Now with the intro of M+ dungeons as viable endgame, and most mobs effected by the spell lock, it's become a damn near mandatory racial. Racials should be fun and interesting sure, but we're right back to Every Man for Himself levels of idiocy.

Oh by the way, my main is a Troll. Want to know what happened in patch 5.2 when the Troll racial ended up being insanely strong in Throne of Thunder? Nerfed to oblivion.

TLDR; arcane Torrent is too OP and the silence/interrupt needs to go. The fact you're so attached to it should be proof enough it's extremely potent.

It only started getting insane recently.

Let's break it down
    - in Cataclysm(?) they remove mana tap completely, or maybe a raid patch of WotLk this happened
    - in WoD BEs ALSO get a 1% crit bonus and their resource regen starts applying to secondary resources for Paladin, I think it always restored chi and a random rune for DK
    - ALSO in WoD, tons of classes lost CC utility spells, meaning having an extra one becomes extremely desirable

Now with the intro of M+ dungeons as viable endgame, and most mobs effected by the spell lock, it's become a damn near mandatory racial. Racials should be fun and interesting sure, but we're right back to Every Man for Himself levels of idiocy.

Oh by the way, my main is a Troll. Want to know what happened in patch 5.2 when the Troll racial ended up being insanely strong in Throne of Thunder? Nerfed to oblivion.

TLDR; arcane Torrent is too OP and the silence/interrupt needs to go. The fact you're so attached to it should be proof enough it's extremely potent.

The Interrupt needs to go, not the silence since most mobs are immune to silence. As for the CD, 2 minutes is fine. Honestly I thought it was unnecessary and my Belf felt spoiled when the cd got reduced. Perhaps the resources regen should go as well especially since not every class or sec benefits from it.

The Interrupt needs to go, not the silence since most mobs are immune to silence. As for the CD, 2 minutes is fine. Honestly I thought it was unnecessary and my Belf felt spoiled when the cd got reduced. Perhaps the resources regen should go as well especially since not every class or sec benefits from it.
    I'm of the opposite opinion. The silence needs to go, the interrupt can stay. Interrupting a mob is going to make them recast the same thing again in most cases. In PvP, interrupting a caster just means you bought yourself an extra 2 seconds before eating a chaos bolt. The silence being over half the duration of an Spriest's silence as well as AoE.. it's just ridiculous.

Reality is, Blood Elves are the only race with an offensive racial that isn't garbage. Pandaren's breaks on damage, Orcs BF is a >1% damage increase at level 110, Trolls has a 3 minute cooldown and has gone from 30% to 20% now down to 15%, Rocket Barrage is a useless racial by every definition, Taurens on paper looks strong, but it being casted makes it far less convenient, and Undeads passive dmg + leech sims lower than 1% crit.

I'm of the opposite opinion. The silence needs to go, the interrupt can stay. Interrupting a mob is going to make them recast the same thing again in most cases. In PvP, interrupting a caster just means you bought yourself an extra 2 seconds before eating a chaos bolt. The silence being over half the duration of an Spriest's silence as well as AoE.. it's just ridiculous.

Reality is, Blood Elves are the only race with an offensive racial that isn't garbage. Pandaren's breaks on damage, Orcs BF is a >1% damage increase at level 110, Trolls has a 3 minute cooldown and has gone from 30% to 20% now down to 15%, Rocket Barrage is a useless racial by every definition, Taurens on paper looks strong, but it being casted makes it far less convenient, and Undeads passive dmg + leech sims lower than 1% crit.
    Ok fine agree to disagree. However, if the silence was changed then what would replace it that fits BE lore. Maybe a single target Silence or maybe a 2 sec spell steal or 2 sec spell copy on a 2 min cd. That's what i really want to know.

Let's break it down

It was 3 charges of mana tap on a 30 second cooldown each.
    Mana Tap was removed at the beginning of wrath (in exchange for putting AT on a 90 second cooldown instead.)
    Arcane Torrent got an interrupt mid-to-late wrath (TOC, specifically)

During warlords (in the system patch), AT was changed to affect other resources
    Rage for warriors,
    Energy for Rogues,
    Runic Power for Death Knights.
    Chi for Monks (much to the QQ of rogues)
    Holy power for Paladins
    and Mana for priests, mages and warlocks. (whoop-de-do).

Given how irrelivant mana is to everyone except arcane mages, (and even then 3% isn't exactly great compared to one holy power) removing the resource gain would be a step in the right direction.

Part of the big problem though, is how weak other horde race's racials are in comparison. Blood fury is a prime example of a shit racial, 2200 spell power every 2 mins at level 110? sure it's free damage but cmon.

So what should blizzard do with the goblin racial? as there is no way for them to nerf it without getting rid of it entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope they keep the silence, I’ve always used it as a secondary interupt in pugs.

If they have to replace it, some mobility would be nice for my lame, crippled paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherbrood View Post
    So what should blizzard do with the goblin racial? as there is no way for them to nerf it without getting rid of it entirely.
    15% chance you get push backwards

I really hope rocket jump does not get removed...I actually use it a lot. One of my favorite racials available.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's good to know that they are thinking about messing with Rocket Jump because that was the main reason I rolled a Goblin DK, the mobility was great on a class that was known for low mobility. I guess I'll switch him over to Orc for the giant shoulders.

So apparently, according to one of the recent interviews, Void Elves are getting a teleport racial of some kind (which sounds pretty sweet), but you would think that's a little hypocritical to their proposed nerf to Rocket Jump if Void Elves are capable of doing the same thing. Unless the teleport wouldn't stop knockbacks, I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    well but they also give void elfs a racial blink, so theres that
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the rocket jump is due to it functioning like a jump mechanically (IE: being able to move over stuff). I imagine the void elf blink will be a lot like mage blink; where obstacles can obstruct it. What if instead of a jump, it was something more similar to rocket boots? (Obviously not exactly like them)