Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

How do you feel about the following phrase?

"Anti-fascism is always self-defense". How do you feel about this phrase? Is it true and any actions taken is self-defense or is not true?

The phrase isn't true. There are plenty of "Antifa" who intentionally seek out violent ways to shut others down, which is the opposite of anti-fascism.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because people claim Fascism about things that aren’t fascism.

Deleted
    All nonsense. The anti-fascists are every bit as fascist as whoever they're "defending" themselves against. What saddens me is that some people actually listen to them.

Deleted
    Saying things like "black people are good at 100m dash" will get the antifa crowds panties in a bunch.
    What exactly are you defending there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Saying things like "black people are good at 100m dash" will get the antifa crowds panties in a bunch.
    What exactly are you defending there?
    Well it's completely dumb to say? Nobody with some intellect would generalize like that - it's typical only for right-wing people. Other people just are unable to think like that - it makes no sense. That said it's the same with "self-defense" that's also something (used as in in OP's phrase) only narcissistic people (typical Conservative/right-wing) would say.

You seem not to realize that you are unable to not reflect your mindset even when you try to be cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    All nonsense. The anti-fascists are every bit as fascist as whoever they're "defending" themselves against. What saddens me is that some people actually listen to them.
    WWII: Smack down some fascists!
    2017: Fascists are just expressing an opinion!

Ok then.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Europeans have a different view of fascism than we do in the US. We had the American Bund which was a fascist organization from 1930 to 1944 or so and after WWII they reopened as The American Nazi party. They've always held rallies and demonstrations. The Klan gets to hold rallies, the Nazis get to hold rallies, it's all protected speech according to the First Amendment.

It doesn't mean anyone will show up to listen to them though. Ignoring them is the best way to fight them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

i think its the dying last gasp of leftist ideology as a movement in the west.
    it feels its own mortality and has become more desperate.

let them struggle, it is an exercise in futility

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. True anti-fascism would be self-defense by nature unless you're a fascist, naturally.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This says it about the best you can on the subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well it's completely dumb to say? Nobody with some intellect would generalize like that - it's typical only for right-wing people. Other people just are unable to think like that - it makes no sense. That said it's the same with "self-defense" that's also something (used as in in OP's phrase) only narcissistic people (typical Conservative/right-wing) would say.

You seem not to realize that you are unable to not reflect your mindset even when you try to be cynical.
    No its not. Its stating facts.

I could go back all the way to 2010 but i wont bother. Why is it so wrong to say a certain race is good at something?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-11-07 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

It doesn't mean anyone will show up to listen to them though. Ignoring them is the best way to fight them.
    Might have been true up to Charlottesville. You can't have an armed group take over a town and kill someone. It just looks like a takeover.

It is impossible to imagine the same thing happening with ISIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me feel itchy.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I feel like I'd be down for actual anti-fascism, but I haven't seen any in my lifetime since I'm black and live in America.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    No its not. Its stating facts.

I could go back all the way to 2010 but i wont bother. Why is it so wrong to say a certain race is good at something?
    Because it is nothing to do with race, or at least not in the way you want it to.

The main difference between athletes who compete in running events is whether your ancestors from sub-saharan africa or not. White people are a tiny subset of that.

You don't really want to go down this road if you are into white supremacy or segregation or whatever. If you stick to the science you end up with the unpleasant discovery that white people are an evolutionary afterthought.

Aren't you anti-fascist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    antifa use fascist principles when claiming self defense against fascists. Like when one of them clocked someone over the back of the head with a bike lock because he didn't have the same views as them and then called him a fascist. That is something that the nazi scum would have done to someone defenseless during WWII. Or, more like the communist party has done in just about every place they have ever held power...such as Russia, North Korea, China,
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Antifascism is not the problem
    Some antifascists are.

The phrase is true. Who wields it may have misguided, or even ulterior, motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    "Anti-fascism is always self-defense". How do you feel about this phrase? Is it true and any actions taken is self-defense or is not true?
    Who is defining who is and is not a fascist.