Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    This game will soon have 4 elf races. Four! Isnt that enough, what more do you need?

Or do you want every possible kind of elf race or copy? Undead, aquatic, grey, high, desert, jungle, winter, wild, drow, demonic or flying elves? What about space elves?
    No, people wanted established race, called high elves.. Is it so hard to comprehend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    No, people wanted established race, called high elves.. Is it so hard to comprehend?
    I have long suspected that the high elf haters are autistic.

Bring on the infraction.

Infracted
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-08 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    The high elves should have no access at all to dark classes besides Shadow Priests.
    Do you understand how much the game is missing races that support darker classes? Not to mention that Void Elves are the first race to support the Void concept. As a Priest main I have long awaited for something like this and I see no merit in adding another generic preppy Elf that focuses on the archetypical Arcane-based repertoire.

Bring on the infraction.
    LMAO for real though.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Bring on the infraction.
    Because nothing says autism like pointing out the reason why you won't get your blue eyed Horde race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    With sharding and the end of PvP servers, does that even matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly their eyes don't matter, its that sweet juicy lore. <3
    "Sweet juicy lore" that has entirely been absorbed into the Blood elves, the high elves don't even have a culture anymore, something that's been beaten into the ground with the times its been repeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    This game will soon have 4 elf races. Four! Isnt that enough, what more do you need?

Or do you want every possible kind of elf race or copy? Undead, aquatic, grey, high, desert, jungle, winter, wild, drow, demonic or flying elves? What about space elves?
    You realize the only people you have to blame is Blizzard right? We could have only had 2 Elf races, but they went the way of the Blood Elves..then we could have only had 3 elf races then they went the way of NightBorne, Ok we have 4 elf races..nope now they are adding Void Elves. A very simple, and very easy fix to this?

After BC they could have added High Elves to Alliance and that would have been the end of all other elf races (save perhaps for Nightborne which meh). You seem to think that we are ASKING for all these other lame elf races, when in fact most of us couldn't give a poop about them, we only care about 1 and 1 only, High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    Just because you settle for things in life doesn't mean the rest of us are so apathetic.
    The line between stubbornness and denseness is particularly thin. All it takes to cross it is a spectacular lack of self-awareness.

And I've already stated that I would be fine with Void Elves so long as we had the ability to customize them into looking like High Elves, the in game name I can overlook (and actually replace with the Total RP3 mod).
    But they're Void Elves, not High Elves. You understand the difference between "Void Elves are a different flavour of High Elves" and "Blood Elves and High Elves are basically the same thing" right?

And it's even more laughable that you would presume to know what people who were asking for High Elves would and would not settle for.
    Oh it doesn't take a genius. There's plenty of people that wanted High Elves merely for the Blood Elf model and now those people are effectively satisfied, you can read it around and even in this thread. So yes, you'll inevitably lose traction.

As I told another never high elfer I believe those of us who are actually part of the High Elf campaign are the better authority on knowing if people will settle and no longer push for High Elves, and unfortunately for you most of us wont.
    Lol you can't brag about how much people wanted High Elves and then ignore the reasons for why many of these desired them in the first place. It's not some kind of Overmind where people think all alike. You may not be ok with this allied race but many will be. Better if you deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    So if the silhouette system is finally toast, and the Alliance are getting the Blood Elf model anyway....then there's nothing to stop them getting honest to goodness High Elfs. Nothing.
    Yeah, there's nothing stopping them. They just don't want to. The introduction of Void Elves is the proof. Ion explained Blizzard's reasoning pretty well. There's really not much more about it.

Everyone keeps saying, void elves are so different from blood elves, while it is also just different color pallete.
    They also have different background and lore. They'll actually have unique racials and gimmicks. And yes, they'll also look like Void-touched elves. By introducing the very concept of "Void Elves" you have room to come up with different things. Pretty harder to do that when two groups of people are literally identical.

And nightborne are night elves
    Yeah they're totally identical, let's forget about the magical Nightwell literally transforming them into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Just wait and see. I'm sure these void elves will also get the natural skin tones of the High/Blood elves just like this is the case for demon hunters and dk.
    What a joke. Demon Hunters and Death Knights are classes played by standard Blood Elves. Void Elves are a race, not a class. They're Void-twisted Thalassian Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Second, for the reasons @DeicideUH pointed out, Blood Elves are not High Elves.
    No amount of mental gymnastics will change the fact that Blood Elves are indeed High Elves. It's an incredibly straightforward fact people are desperate to deconstruct with tons of absolute fluff. That's not going to change that simple fact, though.

Slightly unrelated note, I had the chance to hear Afrasiabi's response about the Void Form and it seems pretty obvious that he talks about Alleria's Void Form, since he spoke about the importance of details and how a permanent thing like that would damage that particular aspect of the PC. The looks we've seen so far are their standard looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The line between stubbornness and denseness is particularly thin. All it takes to cross it is a spectacular lack of self-awareness.

But they're Void Elves, not High Elves. You understand the difference between "Void Elves are a different flavour of High Elves" and "Blood Elves and High Elves are basically the same thing" right?

Oh it doesn't take a genius. There's plenty of people that wanted High Elves merely for the Blood Elf model and now those people are effectively satisfied, you can read it around and even in this thread. So yes, you'll inevitably lose traction.

Lol you can't brag about how much people wanted High Elves and then ignore the reasons for why many of these desired them in the first place. It's not some kind of Overmind where people think all alike. You may not be ok with this allied race but many will be. Better if you deal with it.

Yeah, there's nothing stopping them. They just don't want to. The introduction of Void Elves is the proof. Ion explained Blizzard's reasoning pretty well. There's really not much more about it.

They also have different background and lore. They'll actually have unique racials and gimmicks. And yes, they'll also look like Void-touched elves. By introducing the very concept of "Void Elves" you have room to come up with different things. Pretty harder to do that when two groups of people are literally identical.

Yeah they're totally identical, let's forget about the magical Nightwell literally transforming them into something else.

What a joke. Demon Hunters and Death Knights are classes played by standard Blood Elves. Void Elves are a race, not a class. They're Void-twisted Thalassian Elves.

No amount of mental gymnastics will change the fact that Blood Elves are indeed High Elves. It's an incredibly straightforward fact people are desperate to deconstruct with tons of absolute fluff. That's not going to change that simple fact, though.

Slightly unrelated note, I had the chance to hear Afrasiabi's response about the Void Form and it seems pretty obvious that he talks about Alleria's Void Form, since he spoke about the importance of details and how a permanent thing like that would damage that particular aspect of the PC. The looks we've seen so far are their standard looks.
    Looks at the now numerous posts on WoW forums of people asking for High Elves and how they do not want Void Elves, goes through the pages and takes note of everyone who are saying to just give us High Elves if they are going to give us Void Elves (including some players who have openly admitted to hating the idea of High Elves being added). Reads post after post with the "excuses" for not adding High Elves being put to the flame by simple logic.

Yea you're right, everyone's going to fall in love with Vampire Hot Topic Elves and no one will ask for High Elves anymore, the campaign is over we should all just resign to settling for a race we didn't ask for. Someone who is obsessed with not seeing High Elves added is clearly the person I should look to for insight into what pro High Elf players want, I was going about this all wrong for so many years. Thank you. THANK YOU for finally showing me what we really wanted, I don't know how we got through all these years without your guidance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    Looks at the now numerous posts on WoW forums of people asking for High Elves and how they do not want Void Elves, goes through the pages and takes note of everyone who are saying to just give us High Elves if they are going to give us Void Elves (including some players who have openly admitted to hating the idea of High Elves being added). Reads post after post with the "excuses" for not adding High Elves being put to the flame by simple logic.

Yea you're right, everyone's going to fall in love with Vampire Hot Topic Elves and no one will ask for High Elves anymore, the campaign is over we should all just resign to settling for a race we didn't ask for. Someone who is obsessed with not seeing High Elves added is clearly the person I should look to for insight into what pro High Elf players want, I was going about this all wrong for so many years. Thank you. THANK YOU for finally showing me what we really wanted, I don't know how we got through all these years without your guidance.
    "Everyone" and "No one" are words you're using, not me, and you obviously do to make it sound like I actually claimed there's no one unsatisfied with Void Elves while everyone is happy with them. That's not what I said in the slightest and you twisting my words so badly seems to prove how much full of shit you are.

What I actually said is that the "High Elf crowd" was never an Overmind. Shocking, I know. Some people just don't give a shit about the same things you do, there's people that literally don't give a crap about lore and just want to play a pretty elf in the Alliance. Hell, for some the Void theme can be a plus. From this point on, the amount of people asking for "High Elves" will be pretty much mathematically smaller than it was before Void Elves were added. There's no escaping from that. The people remaining stubborn enough to still desire "pure" High Elves may need to scream louder than they're used to but that will not change a thing. You know what'll actually matter? Numbers. Sweet, factual numbers. What you're going to do will matter for shit. What you can really do is praying whatever divinity you have faith on and hope that only a very little number of people will play these Void Elves. On the contrary, if they'll end up to be successful in terms of factual numbers you can perfectly keep screaming "void elves sux" for all eternity and it'll not a change a damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    "Everyone" and "No one" are words you're using, not me, and you obviously do to make it sound like I actually claimed there's no one unsatisfied with Void Elves while everyone is happy with them. That's not what I said in the slightest and you twisting my words so badly seems to prove how much full of shit you are.

What I actually said is that the "High Elf crowd" was never an Overmind. Shocking, I know. Some people just don't give a shit about the same things you do, there's people that literally don't give a crap about lore and just want to play a pretty elf in the Alliance. Hell, for some the Void theme can be a plus. From this point on, the amount of people asking for "High Elves" will be pretty much mathematically smaller than it was before Void Elves were added. There's no escaping from that. The people remaining stubborn enough to still desire "pure" High Elves may need to scream louder than they're used to but that will not change a thing. You know what'll actually matter? Numbers. Sweet, factual numbers. What you're going to do will matter for shit. What you can really do is praying whatever divinity you have faith on and hope that only a very little number of people will play these Void Elves. On the contrary, if they'll end up to be successful in terms of factual numbers you can perfectly keep screaming "void elves sux" for all eternity and it'll not a change a damn thing.
    Again what would we do without you, thank you for imparting us with your wisdom on what we want, I'm so glad you were part of the campaign to get High Elves added to the Alliance! And I'm not twisting your words in the slightest, you might not have typed the words, but your message was very clear. Everyone will love Void Elves and the High Elf campaign with stop and everyone will just settle. That is the gist of what you are saying, and your 2nd paragraph just confirms what I supposedly "twisted" your words into so thank you for telling me I was right in knowing exactly what you were implying.

And just because people will play Void Elves does not mean in the slightest that it will take away from their desire to play High Elves. Your hope, which is a false one let me assure you, is that everyone who plays Void Elves is of that same "hive mind" that you accuse me of saying they have. That everyone will be content with the hot topic elves, and that the only people who won't be satisfied is the "extreme high elf fans". But that's just not the case. Will some people be satisfied, of course, though I VERY highly doubt they were true High Elf fans to begin with if Vampire Elves satisfies their desire, they were more than likely part of the "yea High Elves are cool and I will play them if they add them" crowd. They weren't part of the campaign to push Blizzard into giving us High Elves.

And you also assume that those who want High Elves added wont play Void Elves, which again is wrong. IF I decide to play the game, I certainly will switch my Human into a Void Elf because it's a step (however tiny) in the right direction, though I'll likely still use Orb of the Sindorei and some prisms to maintain the more correct look and not the hot topic look. But that will not keep me from a continued campaign to add High Elves and I know others will do the same. I already see it in multiple threads on the WoW forums.

At the end of the day, this is you trying to convince others to give up on the High Elf campaign, which just isn't going to happen. And pure evidence suggests that our side is gaining traction. What with the decision (however misguided) to add Void Elves to the Alliance, effectively destroying the "we want silhouettes to be unique within factions" statement made in a prior BLUE post. The fact is, they have changed their minds on a massive number of things, and if there is continued expressed interest in High Elves, it's not unreasonable to suspect that they too will be added. Maybe not anytime soon, sure it might take years, but those of us who are TRUE High Elf fans have no problems keeping the campaign going from now until infinity if we have to.

So you can scream at us all you want, at the end of the day, you have no ability to prevent us from expressing our desires to have High Elves added.

Deleted
    I think it's clear at this point that Blizz felt adding High Elves as they currently are - Blood Elves with blue eyes - was simply not workable. Hence the new void aesthetic and divergent model design, a Blood/High Elf with a coat of paint they can actually show off and market as a new take on an old race.

But the problem is High Elf beggars are the whiniest babies on the planet and literally will not accept anything but bog generic Blood Elves with blue eyes.

How can Blizzard win?

Quote Originally Posted by Elari View Post
    I think it's clear at this point that Blizz felt adding High Elves as they currently are - Blood Elves with blue eyes - was simply not workable. Hence the new void aesthetic and divergent model design, a Blood/High Elf with a coat of paint they can actually show off and market as a new take on an old race.

How can Blizzard win?
    That's silly. Most of the arguments against High Elves were silly. Numbers...culture...looks....sily, silly, silly.

And they were silly because Blizzard could always write something to justify their inclusion if they ever decided to add them.

But the problem is High Elf beggars are the whiniest babies on the planet and literally will not accept anything but bog generic Blood Elves with blue eyes.
    Agree. Though they are about as whiny as those Horde players who keep moaning and whining that the Alliance are never getting High Elfs.

Which is stupid. All it takes is Blizzard deciding to give the Alliance High Elves and all the other problems go away. Some them are even better...they become story hooks.

As it is...Blizzard has won. There is now literally no reason not to give the Alliance their High Elfs. The very concept of Allied Races and the addition of Void Elves in particular destroy any remaining argument against their addition. While the silhouette system was in place, it would take some work to add High Elves. A little work, but still some. Now, with the Alliance having Blood Elves, even that is irrelevant.

I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is that we might get Ogres out of this. The Alliance can get their "last" race from.WC...we should get ours.

High Elves are coming. They might need to wait on Ogres but there is now no reason for Blizzard to hold back. Not when the Alliance already had the model. The only thing those who hate the idea of High Elves can do is hope that Blizzard will put some thought into making them different via racials...mounts...class choice and voices.

Its quite obvious that Blizzard did it for one reason only, to spite people asking for High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP High Elves frontpage.

Would be funny if they add high elf priests to alliance warfronts, I almost want it to be a thing for forum hilarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think they're going to give us blue eyes to the blood elves
    I strongly concur. I think when they said more customization options they are going to beef up the character creator (why isn't there a discussion about that by the way, you'd think people would be talking about all the things they would want to see in more robust character creation system).

I believe one of the new options for races will be eye colour, and among Blood Elves we will be able to choose between shades of green and blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the Game Director of World of Warcraft Ion Hazzikostas said it in an interview!!Blood elves are high elves and void elves are the new flavor

when streaming someone said "give me high elves please" he laughed making it clear that it will not happen
    I remember when pro High Elfers went out of their way to discredit the Caydiem blue post from 2004 on the basis it was too old to be relevant.

Ion, the Game Director, said this LAST WEEK (even bringing up the population argument...hell the void elves are ex blood elves. There really are so few Alliance High Elves they don't really count anymore) and they are already trying to discount it on the basis that the game director of World of Warcraft has no idea what he is talking about.

Maybe he doesn't have as good a grasp of the lore as he could have.

But I guarantee he has a notion of what will be an Allied race in future and what won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    RIP High Elves frontpage.

Would be funny if they add high elf priests to alliance warfronts, I almost want it to be a thing for forum hilarity.
    That should be specifically updated otherwise people will point at the High Elf priests as proof they can be an Allied race (when if anything they'll just be a nostalgic touch)

They should be replaced with Night Elf priests. Greater racial diversity and more reflective of the actual Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post

I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is that we might get Ogres out of this. The Alliance can get their "last" race from.WC...we should get ours.

High Elves are coming. They might need to wait on Ogres but there is now no reason for Blizzard to hold back. Not when the Alliance already had the model. The only thing those who hate the idea of High Elves can do is hope that Blizzard will put some thought into making them different via racials...mounts...class choice and voices.
    Ogres would have to be a brand new, full fledged race though because they require a brand new model built from the ground up.

Allied races all seem to be reskins or heavy modifications of existing models.

Look, I agree the Alliance getting any kind of Thalassian elf sucks but it's done. Just take comfort in the fact they didn't get pure High Elves, for whom you still have to play Horde to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Look, I agree the Alliance getting any kind of Thalassian elf sucks but it's done. Just take comfort in the fact they didn't get pure High Elves, for whom you still have to play Horde to enjoy.
    What does it matter what they are called? Arguing that we should be happy that the Alliance didn't get "pure" High Elves is simply pure spite.

The damage is that the Blood Elf model....the one point of uniqueness...has been given to an Alliance player race.

That shouldn't...IMO....have happened. Allied races should have been reskins of skeletons on the same faction. The High Elves got mutated into Void Elves? Fine..let them use the Night Elf skeleton and model.

I don't care about the Alliance. I don't even really care about High Elves. I never bought the excuses that Blizzard couldn't add them because of "reasons" because those reasons would vanish if Blizzard wanted to add High Elves.

If Blizzard want to add High Elves? Fine with me.
    If High Elves made Alliance players happy? More power to them....why should I care?

It is the model that was important...that is important....and the Alliance have that now.

I suppose there is a small chance that Blizzard will give them a different skeleton, but with us getting the Zandalari that seems very unlikely.

But the notion that I should feel better because Blizzard haven't given the Alliance the race they've been wanting ever since the game launched? No thanks.

The damage is done. Just give them their High Elves and be done with this argument once and for all. I don't care anymore.

Deleted
    This is how I'd do an addition of Silver Covenant High Elves to the Alliance, knitted together from ideas I and Deicide separately have been putting fourth on a few forums:

The Silver Covenant High elves have at last managed to gather almost all the remaining High elves across Azeroth and beyond. Due to the total war with the Horde, they feel it is time to permanently cut their ties with their Blood elf kin by severing their dependency on the Sunwell. Jaina Proudmore, good friend to the high elven people, join them in a ritual to use the Vita power of her staff together with Azerite as a catalyst to align their physiology with the slumbering Titan Soul of Azeroth. This in a way titanforges them into a new form cured of their addiction. The elves are uniquely sensitive to magics of all forms and this weakness or strength is what the ritual relies on.
    The magi of the Silver covenant shuns fire magic for arcane and frost magic.

The destruction of the night elf homes and their many losses have allowed the high elves and Night elves to mend ties as they work closer together. Their old animosities aren't completely forgotten but the future looks bright for their friendship and their mutual hatred for the Horde.

High elf Allied Race:

Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Paladin, Monk, Druid, Shaman.
    They're denied Warlocks, Death Knights and Demon Hunters but gain Druid and Shaman instead. Blood elves get Druid as well to balance.

Racial leader: I expect Vereesa to die in BfA but if she doesn't she'd work but I'd have Sylvanas kill her kids to put her on a path of vengeance.

Appearence: they look like the traditional high elf with some minor changes. They lose the glow from their eyes, having a number of iris colours like blue, green, violet and yellow. Just like Alleria many of them begin a tradition to tattoo themselves in blue patterns. Hair colours are White, silver, blonde, gold, strawberry blonde, light brown, brown, auburn, pale violet, pale blue.
    Skin tones ranges from pale white to lightly tanned. No reddish at all, that belong to the Blood elves.

Racials:

Inscription Expertise: Increases Inscription with 15.
    Mastery: Increase Mastery with 1%.
    Thunderwind leap: Activate your innate vita to jump forward.
    Vita Lightning: Launch your vita in the form of a lightning strike at the enemy, dealing nature damage.

Deleted
    I am sorry guys, but according to Jessie Cox interview, High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves and so it’s unlikely they will be a playable race.

You can watch the video here:

You can also find this as a point in the patch 7.3.5 features thread below:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post47942172

Deleted
    Ion can eat a dick for all I care. He plays only Horde anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    I am sorry guys, but according to Jessie Cox interview, High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves and so it’s unlikely they will be a playable race.

You can watch the video here:

You can also find this as a point in the patch 7.3.5 features thread below:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post47942172
    Well, the group Alleria will train will not be formed by Blood Elves, but High Elves. Otherwise how would they be loyal to the Alliance? (I'm not even disagreeing with your statement, Blood Elves are named like that just to remember their fallen brethren.

But Blizzard saying we cannot have High Elves cause they are Blood Elves is beyond nonsense. They just wanna add some edgy race to the Alliance and needed an excuse.