Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    There is a poll that shows how you are absolutely wrong about this.
    Poll answered by mmo-champion visitors, and only the ones that care enough to vote? That's the "few dedicated players" I mentioned. Well, maybe more than a few, but percentage wise it's still low.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play some "true" vanilla on stable servers, even just for nostalgia, but I simply don't think that Blizzard would do it. The poor state of some things in vanilla wasn't the result of careful design. Things like poor class balance just happened because Blizzard didn't have enough time while rolling out updates, or it was simply quite low on the priority list. Since they now have the time to polish the classic WoW before re-releasing it, they will most likely spend it on stuff like this. Ret paladin being trash in PvE might be a cool for nostalgia purposes, but not really for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJohn View Post
    Polls show it precisely. The majority, and the polls, want zero changes.
    Polls only work if each person that voted gave an honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I agree,

I hope Blizzard will release Vanilla only, without any modification to the code.

If Blizzard change 1 single thing, I'm sorry but you arent playing Vanilla.
    Well I mean that is a little bit of an exaggeration. Changing something to prevent people from crashing the server vs suddenly buffing all hybrid dps but 30% so everyone is viable.

One is acceptable one is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Group Finder kills the need for a community, therefore it kills the essence of what made Vanilla great.
    This is by far the biggest thing that can't be implemented. It's the greatest example. I would not play a classic server with LFG implemented. I don't think many others would too. However bugs like.. Spells that are supposed to hit 100% of the time missing because of some random bug.. THOSE should be fixed. That's not going to kill the vanilla experience. Anyone saying otherwise is most likely a troll.

I was never in the "Bring Vanilla back" crowd, but I played vanilla and loved the game it was and recognize that something in the current game is missing from what made WoW great back then.

With that being said I would never play on an "Authentic" vanilla server. Just the graphical differences alone would be enough to turn me off.

I would however be all for some sort of "Vanilla remastered" that included things like graphical improvements, bug fixes, balancing tweaks, and ui upgrades, and even maybe some continued content development to keep the game fresh after you play through the available content.

The problem though is that blizzard would need to be very careful with the sort of improvements they do add. Because many of the "Quality of life" improvements over the years are why the game feels so different then it did back then, and adding them back in would make the game fundamentally worse than the original and current WoW, and no one would have any reason to play it.

You will never get the original vanilla experience. You’d need a time machine for it, you know everything that happens, what to do, and have shit easily to look up if not, none of that was there in vanilla. Asking for changes to anything other than server stability is missing the point of the vanilla experience lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    The thing is, a fixed Vanilla is not Vanilla.

Take it or leave it.
    people are gonna take it, then leave it in droves until blizz shuts it down and we have proof once and for all that this nonsense won't work
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I agree,

I hope Blizzard will release Vanilla only, without any modification to the code.

If Blizzard change 1 single thing, I'm sorry but you arent playing Vanilla.
    Classic=/=vanilla and I hope that becomes apparent soon. IF they could make vanilla but lets say do a tuning pass so that more than 2 classes are viable and fix things like Debuff cap so that you can bring more than x dot classes before sitting raiders... or buffs not taking 15 minutes a pull or warlocks not farming soul shards....

I'd be fine with the grinds and fine with having something to spend 200-300 hours on.... but I think the problem with vanilla is alot of people are right the game was shit but the vision was amazing.... if you could go back and fix a dozen things from vanilla it could be the best game ever made.

I think the people that have been clamouring for classic all this time are people who want it left alone. People like me who didn't really want it but would be more iwlling to give it a go with some tweaks are probably the ones mostly asking for things. The main thign I would change is to touch up some of the non viable specs at end game, but others see that as a slippery slope or bad because 'it's not vanilla.' WHere as i think a game where classes are relgated to heal or buff bots just wont' thrive in 2017.

Already did vanilla once, would love to see a "fixed" vanilla, running on the modern client so new char models etc.

none of the quality of life that wasn't in the game then but all this can be disabled server side, having a stronger more well rounded client changes nothing.

and im sure bliz will see that.

its funny this has been such a long time coming, i was a supporter of vanilla realms shortly after TBC came out as there was a huge outcry for them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think the people that have been clamouring for classic all this time are people who want it left alone. People like me who didn't really want it but would be more iwlling to give it a go with some tweaks are probably the ones mostly asking for things. The main thign I would change is to touch up some of the non viable specs at end game, but others see that as a slippery slope or bad because 'it's not vanilla.' WHere as i think a game where classes are relgated to heal or buff bots just wont' thrive in 2017.
    The problem is, how do you buff these specs without making them broken? you cant buff enh/ele shamans because they're ALREADY gods in pvp.

buff moonkins and they'll be the same.

how do you fix things like debuff cap(8 at start and 16 by naxx) when that changes the dynamic of raids completely, that means you now need to tune bosses further etc.
    Last edited by kenoathcarn; 2017-11-08 at 12:31 AM.

I wonder how long people will actually want keep playing a 13 year old game with no new content ever.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    It shows that the "vanilla community" is a bunch of even smaller groups who all want different things....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    As much as I sympathize with a relatively high level of fidelity to what Vanilla used to be, because after all that's sort of the point, a lot of people here make me think of extremists taking over a community once it becomes established. Suddenly they are the absolute authority of what everybody wants, and if you deviate in any way from their line of thinking you are the enemy and must be silenced.
    Well for YEARS people bitched and whined and said how the game SUCKS NOW and it was BETTER THEN and Blizzard should do VANILLA! We heard countless variations on "All they need to do is deploy the old code!!!"

Now, when faced with that, all of a sudden it's not precisely Vanilla you all want. You want Vanilla... but changed. No. You should get what you asked for. You're reminding me of children who want candy on Halloween but then bitch about which candies you got.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are hypocrite, if u want a vanilla, they should have it to last bit, including respec remove weapon skill for 2h shaman for example, and of course paladins alliance/shaman horde and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Gamers in general ALWAYS want god mode. They will hack and cheat to get it. If that doesnt work they will beg on the forums to nerf everything using QoL arguments. If they get god mode, they will one shot the final boss and then say “this game sucks” and quit.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Gamers in general ALWAYS want god mode. They will hack and cheat to get it. If that doesnt work they will beg on the forums to nerf everything using QoL arguments. If they get god mode, they will one shot the final boss and then say “this game sucks” and quit.
    Quality of life is things like aoe looting, account bound mounts, etc. Not making bosses easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    It does not suck in comparison nowadays. It flat out trumps modern WoW depending on what your looking for. If its community and world interaction that you want out of WoW vanilla is your only option. Vanilla has its faults but people would rather explore a broken world then fly over it on one of their 500 mounts while collecting epic gear from the postmaster who delivered you the entire loot table of a 9 month old raid you solod.
    Naaah, world was explored in 2005, I hope community will be small enough to be good, and one of the few good Vanilla things is small scale world PVP. That's objective thing. The rest of you arguments are emotions. I won't argue your emotions.
    Last edited by GorkAndMork; 2017-11-08 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Naaah, world was explored in 2005, I hope community will be small enough to be good, and one of the few good Vanilla things is small scale world PVP. That's objective thing. The rest of you arguments are emotions. I won't argue your emotions.
    You wont argue any points you mean. Talking like an old grandma just makes you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Quality of life is things like aoe looting, account bound mounts, etc. Not making bosses easier.
    You do not need aoe looting, gameplay alone will render aoe looting useless.

how are u gonna make mounts account bound when they are actual items, inside your bags, and you will likely not even have more then 2-3 anyway.