Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry to ruin all your dreams but

Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Man... -THAT- would be an interesting story for the Devs to tell.
    It would but it’d drive night elf players over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    OK, here is my thought.

Night Elves are nature lovers, tree huggers. Which kind of nature needs love in Warcraft? Exactly, the Lordearon zones. Nature has pretty much died there and desperately needs to be preserved. Lordearon City/Undercity is unlivable so Night Elves moves to the thing that's left. The build a new home in the Whispering Forest. Night Elves finds this sacred because Malfurion Stormrage communed with the spirits there. Their goal is restore the dead nature in Lordaeron.
    -------
    Starting zone: Deathknell (gets a new Darnassian name).
    Leveling zones: Tirisfal Glades (lvl 1-10) > Silverpine Forest (lvl 11-20)

Sylvanas and her undead army moves to Kalimdor when she lost Undercity to the Alliance. As a revenge on their move she takes something of theirs. Sylvanas orders the forsaken to build a new home inside the Blackfathom Deeps. It's the perfect place as undead prefer to live in the dark. Because of the tainted Felwood and the presence of the undead the darkshore's nature is slowly dying. Druids of Moonglade and abandoned Night Elves are trying hard to save Darkshore and Ashenvale from dying.
    --------
    Starting zone: Blackfathom Forest (new name for Southern Darkshore)
    leveling zones: Northern Darkshore/Moonglade (lvl 1-10) > Teldrassil (lvl 11-20)
    That would be interesting, but the leveling zones are staying the same. The zones only change at 110. Characters leveling have the EK and Kalimdor we have now, so they can "feel a sense of loss" when Teldrassil and Undercity are destroyed at the current max level. They confirmed this a few times at Blizzcon and in interviews.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Night Elfs don't fit visually into Lordearon areas. They need purple trees and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It would but it’d drive night elf players over the edge.
    Ya, that's not happening.

#NightElvenSupremacist
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the night elves will just go back to mount hyjal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Pretty much this and I can see that a Battlefront Hyal will be added to the game.

Hyjal is the safest bet since it is so sacret for Nelfs they't rather die than forsaken it and since Nelfs are not patched out, they will probably have their alliance bastion there , same as teh Horde has its at quel thalas.
    That would make sense if the entire point of them burning the tree in the story was to make kelmindor horde controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    That would be interesting, but the leveling zones are staying the same. The zones only change at 110. Characters leveling have the EK and Kalimdor we have now, so they can "feel a sense of loss" when Teldrassil and Undercity are destroyed at the current max level. They confirmed this a few times at Blizzcon and in interviews.
    At some point it should change, i guess. Like the Cataclysm a war between the two factions is global and affects everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Sheesh, how many times must I repeat this.... you cannot fit a race that spanned 8 zones into a portion of one zone. There are many more night elves than there are Worgen refugees that were housed in Teldrassil. At least with Azuremyst its 2 zones. They can crash there.
    Lore wise yes..........

But ingame wise its doable. That level 30 questgiver thingymajig that gives you a one off quest as a filler, do we really need him to come over? Some of those zones you mentioned are also deep in Kalo, whose to say a lot weren't slaughtered?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    This.

Saying the Horde controlls all of Kalimdor is from a strategic point of view, but it has been clearly stated that Hord and Alliance are fighting to regain controll

The Horde is doing so in Arathi by attacking from Quel Thalas and the Alliance is yet unknown from where.
    From a Lore point of View Hyjal makes sense, as it is a huge mountain ridge that is sovered in forests, perfect for the agile sentinel army to gather there. (They have done it in the past in Wc3 to attack on Archimond there.) All of the nightelven campaign in WC3 was about bying time for the sentinel army to reach Mt. Hyjal in order to slay out Horde and Alliance before the Legion actually returns.

So since Blizzard is all about "reviving the RTS game" it makes total sense to assume Hyjal will be the Alliance foothold.

So for the Azuremyth / Silvermoon statement.
    This has been claimed becasuse of technical limitations. However the fight where the hord etries to regain controll doesn't start in silvermoon, it is in arathi.
    So it is safe to asume that the fight for the alliance is not on Azuremyst but on Hyjal or Ashenvale.
    I believe/want to believe that there will be a battlefront in stonetalon, it's the equivalent of arathi as a middle zone and already a battle front since cata.

Damn, stonetalon, ashenvale, hyjal. So many important places for such an ancient race, if they lose it all for the sake of making it easy to bring faction conflict to the game, it will be a shame.

I see some major phasing going on, or will they really do totally away with the old Undercity and Teldrassil/Darnassus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post

Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    Heathen! You make me remember my alarm clock in the morning... Just want to smash

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the night elves will just go back to mount hyjal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Which is part of Kalimdor...which is now Horde controlled...
    Mount Hyjal is controlled by the Cenarion Circle, which includes Tauren, Trolls, and Worgen in addition to Night Elves. Unless someone is identified as hostile to the Cenarion Circle, I'd expect them to remain neutral. We don't know enough to say just yet. I can see Malfurion being pissed about Darnassus and ready to lead an ent march, or I can see him being first to recognize the dark forces behind the charade. He has, after all, faced them many times and already told us they were a bigger threat than the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

If I was Shandris Feathermoon, I'd scatter my sentinels into all the forests of Northern Kalimdor and fight a guerilla war.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Actually I really doubt that Nelfs are leaving Kalimdor for any reason.

If there is one Race that is so extremely connected to their homeland it is the Nelfs and they will probably rather die completely than leaving.
    So I can't think of a reason why they should be going to Gilneas (Which is NOT habitable as the Warfron in Arathi is there because the Horde wants to prevent the Alliance from reclaiming Gilneas, this was said at Blizzcon) or any other City in the western kingdoms.

They will at best retreat to Azuremyst but I really doubt that. We will probably see them either in Feralas reuniting with the Sentinel army, or at Hyjal/Ashenvale.

Unfortunately night elves will move to Stormwind Park and undead will go to Orgrimmar.

Neither race will see new settlements on either continent.

This is Blizzard, doing new cities for Forsaken and Kaldorei on already unused zones has no benefit for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post

Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    Yeah this. Those two are the only capitals that matter. Add a token few NPC lamenting the loss of their homes and it's done.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'd put night elves in Duskwood.

- Has a Dream Portal.
    - Has an empty night elf area around said portal, where they could settle.
    - Place is pretty dark, is under a permanent veil of darkness that makes it always night
    - Human inhabitants have been decimated by the Nightwatch traitors, and then the Nightwatch was wiped out.
    ... That is some quality area re-designing!

They'd look pretty forlorn, there, amidst the darkness with the portal glowing in the dim light filtering through the branches. They could have a small side-war with the ogre dens, be fighting against the local skeleton and ghoul population as a proxy-war against Sylvanas, maybe even using such fights as a way to train new warriors for the battles ahead...

... I want this, now.

Quote Originally Posted by powerword-shawarma View Post
    Unfortunately night elves will move to Stormwind Park and undead will go to Orgrimmar.
    Gamewise that will probably be it, but lorewise they're needing a capital somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Gamewise that will probably be it, but lorewise they're needing a capital somehow.
    refugee tents at the outskirts of Stormwind and Orgrimmar :P

Deleted
    Thermore is an amazing idea. Even if it's not a 'true' city gameplay wise and acts flavoring. Could add in a quest chain in the region where jania goes ape shit

I dont see the Horde loosing Silvermoon, and I think the plague lands would be a nice border for Alliance and Horde. So I would like to see the Forsaken clean up Stratholme and move in there. That would be quite nice. From there on, I think it would even be easy to establish a new starting area If blizz really wants to do that at one point, but as of right now, this is not necassary. Lights Hope being there is kind of a proble, but maybe they want to be neutral. Also Tyrs Hand comes to mind, there is a lot of unused place after the DKs had their fun. Enough room to rebuild there.

Nelfs is quite a bit more interesting. I could see some ewok like place in Ungoro Crater, of course only if the Horde does not dominate this place too, but since EK has the north still in Horde hands, the south of Kalimdor could be neutral or at least have a place for the Nelfs. And the wound being there could mean no Horde dominance and more of a neutral thing.
    Second possibility is Gilneas. I can see Blizz redesign a part of that unused space. Even have some new place added close to the city or as a new district completely build up from the ground by the Nelfs. I see that the Gilneans would totally invite the Nelfs, who helped them out. Maybe even Wetlands? If they rebuild something there.
    Nelfs are quite tough to place for me.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)