Deleted

Undercity and Silvermoon future

Hey, this got me thinking:

blabla kalimdor red, eastern kingdoms blue
    For Kalimdor, it is pretty obvious, Tel'drassil burned down and the draenei left their isles with the Exodar to fight the burning legion.
    EK affairs aren't that easy to explain. What about the blood elves? If UC got purged of the Forsaken, who will be in charge of the city and the region?

Wouldn't that mean that if there is no more immediate threat of the Forsaken to Gilneas that Greymane can rebuild their kingdom? If so, it seems too much for him (or lets say the Gilneans/Worgen) to rebuild two kingdoms. Possibly draenei/NE Lordaeron - or are there better options?

What do you think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post

For Kalimdor, it is pretty obvious, Tel'drassil burned down and the draenei left their isles with the Exodar to fight the burning legion.
    EK affairs aren't that easy to explain. What about the blood elves? If UC got purged of the Forsaken, who will be in charge of the city and the region?

Wouldn't that mean that if there is no more immediate threat of the Forsaken to Gilneas that Greymane can rebuild their kingdom? If so, it seems too much for him (or lets say the Gilneans/Worgen) to rebuild two kingdoms. Possibly draenei/NE Lordaeron - or are there better options?

What do you think
    silvermoon has been confirmed to stay for the horde as their base of operation on EK, and exodar will stay for the Alliance as their base of operations on Kalimdor.
    Only undercity and teldrasill + nelf areas are changed really, for rest kalimdor was already horde land same for Ek but for Alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard to say how Blizzard will handle this over the course of BfA and beyond. I could very easily see the East vs West dynamic becoming a permanent change to the landscape for players at level 110+.

I could also just as easily see the storyline culminating in the Alliance reclaiming and rebuilding Teldrassil while the Horde reclaims and rebuilds Undercity. Maybe not even during BfA, but at some point down the line. It's hard to imagine a future where the Forsaken and night elves don't have their own capital cities anymore.

It doesn't seem like there are any plans to change the Exodar or Silvermoon on the horizon. They said there would be a lore reason to explain why those regions are safe during this war, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see them revamped.

I honestly just don't know. Unless Blizzard plans to do another full-on old world revamp, I don't know if it would really be worth the effort to do things like having the Forsaken build a new capital in Kalimdor (where, even? Dustwallow?) or the Gilneans to recapture Gilneas. Where would the night elves relocate? Could they be planning on giving us a massive timeskip after this expansion?

I almost feel like the easiest option would be for the expansion to just end in a soft reset back to the status quo, but that also feels incredibly underwhelming. And rebuilding Teldrassil and Undercity would require the same kind of work as keeping the new faction divide and having them build new capital cities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um.... the Draenei came back after Argus you do realize?

Basically Blizz is pretending the BC zones don't exist. They even acknowledged that there's a zone barrier and a loading screen keeping the Blood Elves out of Undercity.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Um.... the Draenei came back after Argus you do realize?

Basically Blizz is pretending the BC zones don't exist. They even acknowledged that there's a zone barrier and a loading screen keeping the Blood Elves out of Undercity.
    Did not buy a virtual ticket, so I wasn't able to view all panels. I did not find anything about that the Draenei went back there. I saw in Nobbels video that joke (loading zone) about the blood elves though.

OP, the Draenei went to Argus on the Vindicaar, a spaceship created for that purpose. The Exodar was irreparrably damaged when Rakeesh (Velen's son) invaded and thus was unable to be moved to Argus like originally planned

Did not buy a virtual ticket, so I wasn't able to view all panels. I did not find anything about that the Draenei went back there. I saw in Nobbels video that joke (loading zone) about the blood elves though.
    What's going on with the blood elves and the draenei? Will them standing alone on a continent now mostly controlled by the opposite faction play into the story at all?
    Though the big fortifcations have fallen, it's not like the Horde are completely landless. They still hold Silverpine, Southshore/Hillsbrad, and Quel'Thalas. The whole point of the warfront in Arathi is to keep the bloodelves from taking Undercity back.

from one of the devs

What do you think
    exodar and quelthalas are still intact that is confirmed.

the alliance can not defend lordaeron from the northern attacks (quelthalas) and retreat to arathi