Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you're running Demonic, as well as momentum on mythic mistress - Chances are that healing that you're speaking so proudly of will be worth nothing. As you'd be doing more damage to the raid than your perceived "need no healing". Also you're wrong about the every aspect of Demonic being better apart from being just behind in damage. Because as Shirofune pointed out if you're taking damage - You're doing something wrong. The passive damage question is only really viable on mistress.

So taking that into account and the fact that CB scales with the lower fight times - as well as default being better as DH works as of right now. Means that demonic simply doesn't cut it. It might change come the Argus tier, but there's a good reason for the "cookie-cutter build" to be existing in the first place. Max(Best) outcome minimum effort.

To give you credit though Demonic wont be as dependant on leggos as the cb build. Which is the only point during raiding where it is better. But as it stands demonic is nowhere near cb, and if you're thinking you're helping with the healing sorry you're not. If you want to help with that put on prydaz as that will in all due likelyhood "heal" you for more than healing through metamorphosis will. And is a lot more predictable, because you wont go really low and then go up - after they've spent an expensive heal. Because you had to fel rush, which did damage to you.

Prydaz will scale with more gear as well, making it even better for survivability as well as helping the healers. So as for raiding there's really no reason whatsoever to go for demonic, other than wanting to go or "feels". But performance-wise shouldn't be that reason, as that is just plain and simple. Wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    Link your logs? I'd love to see how you perform
    Logs? i never do them. Literally, all im running for addons is dbm, baggon, my action bar one... forget what its called, and recount. i have weak auras as well, but for tanking. But, since I was bullshitting around a bit with demonic, st (m goroth, hara, and council) i sat around 1.15-1.25 mil dps. Yea i know, I could have done alot more with cblades, which i usually use on these fights now, (and started using last night on sisters)

Quote Originally Posted by Lathorial View Post
    If you're running Demonic, as well as momentum on mythic mistress - Chances are that healing that you're speaking so proudly of will be worth nothing. As you'd be doing more damage to the raid than your perceived "need no healing". Also you're wrong about the every aspect of Demonic being better apart from being just behind in damage. Because as Shirofune pointed out if you're taking damage - You're doing something wrong. The passive damage question is only really viable on mistress.

So taking that into account and the fact that CB scales with the lower fight times - as well as default being better as DH works as of right now. Means that demonic simply doesn't cut it. It might change come the Argus tier, but there's a good reason for the "cookie-cutter build" to be existing in the first place. Max(Best) outcome minimum effort.

To give you credit though Demonic wont be as dependant on leggos as the cb build. Which is the only point during raiding where it is better. But as it stands demonic is nowhere near cb, and if you're thinking you're helping with the healing sorry you're not. If you want to help with that put on prydaz as that will in all due likelyhood "heal" you for more than healing through metamorphosis will. And is a lot more predictable, because you wont go really low and then go up - after they've spent an expensive heal. Because you had to fel rush, which did damage to you.

Prydaz will scale with more gear as well, making it even better for survivability as well as helping the healers. So as for raiding there's really no reason whatsoever to go for demonic, other than wanting to go or "feels". But performance-wise shouldn't be that reason, as that is just plain and simple. Wrong.
    I dont run momentum. No point. To many anti movement friendly things that will kill you. Nemesis is at this point literally the only way to go.

And "the healing im speaking of" is mainly for things that are supposed to be healed up, yet, healers like give out healings to everyone, and run through their mana quickly. Its not a me thing, its a me thing that I dont trust anyone but myself at that point. You get people that get hit by glaive storm, or another that hit you with comet, or someone is closer than 5 yards and the bones hit you, or .... (goes on) but I expect as such being in a casual players mythic guild. I dont expect to kill kil'jaeden is what i am saying... unless we begin saving lockouts if we down avatar.. and literally do nothing but kil'jaeden post avatar. Though, dont get me wrong, ill get hit by stupid shit too. But, i prefer having that option to being able to heal myself from 10% to full in less than a second.

But yes, i know that cb scales better. Hell, i mainly use it on almost every fight right now.

Hey, feels is a really good reason as well. =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Logs? i never do them. Literally, all im running for addons is dbm, baggon, my action bar one... forget what its called, and recount. i have weak auras as well, but for tanking. But, since I was bullshitting around a bit with demonic, st (m goroth, hara, and council) i sat around 1.15-1.25 mil dps. Yea i know, I could have done alot more with cblades, which i usually use on these fights now, (and started using last night on sisters)

I dont run momentum. No point. To many anti movement friendly things that will kill you. Nemesis is at this point literally the only way to go.

And "the healing im speaking of" is mainly for things that are supposed to be healed up, yet, healers like give out healings to everyone, and run through their mana quickly. Its not a me thing, its a me thing that I dont trust anyone but myself at that point. You get people that get hit by glaive storm, or another that hit you with comet, or someone is closer than 5 yards and the bones hit you, or .... (goes on) but I expect as such being in a casual players mythic guild. I dont expect to kill kil'jaeden is what i am saying... unless we begin saving lockouts if we down avatar.. and literally do nothing but kil'jaeden post avatar. Though, dont get me wrong, ill get hit by stupid shit too. But, i prefer having that option to being able to heal myself from 10% to full in less than a second.

But yes, i know that cb scales better. Hell, i mainly use it on almost every fight right now.

Man look, Demonic is fun yes but you are greatly over estimating it in raid environments compared to m+. The fact you are doing absolutely shit dps even for Demonic (1.2 on Inquis?) whilst using it means that you are sacrificing about 700k+ dps (depending how good you are, could be more) for massive overhealing which isn't even needed if you avoid damage, if your healers can't keep you up when you are not being hit by anything unnecessary then that is nothing to do with what spec you are playing. Also if you don't trust the people you raid with then leave the guild, seems both of you would be better off. You don't need to be looking to kill KJ Myth to want to do like 40% more dps.

Like this thread, which is for "fresh 110" DH.

Without any specific legendaries or set bonus, the difference between Demonic and CB is smaller.
    You have someone who goes into any DH thread and advocating their sim results as the only viable option.
    Just never listen to them, they write the same bull to any question, biased on their own tunnel vision perspective.

The truth is always relative, like the point made with kill times, CB spec drops in DPS when kill times shorten so you get 1 meta less for same fight.
    Demonic then scales better for the group. Other times it goes the other way.

But but Sims says .... whatever you want it to say.
    It is the beauty of statistics, its a brilliant tool to manipulate information in a subjective manner.

Someone probably logged. You don't have to log your own fights. What's your character name? curious on how to do that deps with demonic

Deleted
    From a gameplay perspective for sure they are, I can understand wanting to go for something because it feels better to play the game that way. Which in turn will more often than not make you play better because you're more comfortable with it! ^_^