Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Okay? And did you go and find the rest of the interviews where they talk about they are not sure what to do and will be listening to the community?
    As I understand they are not sure about which classic patch to restore. Or if they should start with the 1.0 and go forward replaying all patches incrementally... Stuff like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Of course creating 1.12 won't create the most authentic experience but many people that played on those free servers in the past few years only saw 1.12 and that is the Vanilla they now 'remember' and want. I am honestly curious as to what Blizz comes up with and how they plan to do it.
    Some people want 1.12, others don't. The target market for WoW Classic is much bigger than just people who play on private servers. It includes people that played WoW vanilla back in the day and have long since stopped playing at all, and people who started after vanilla and never got to experience it, and completely new people that are just wanting to try WoW Classic because it's so hyped and such an important part of video game history, etc.

My assumption is that they will create a single version that combines elements from the various vanilla patches (and some newer ideas). The main thing that I'd be interested in understanding is whether they will try to build on an old client version from vanilla or a modern client. The server side is the easy thing (as shown by the various open source WoW servers) since they already have all the content, scripting and databases from vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    As I understand they are not sure about which classic patch to restore. Or if they should start with the 1.0 and go forward replaying all patches incrementally... Stuff like this.
    Pretty much, I don't see them putting out a 1.0 AND a 1.12 together so they'll have to pick one and maybe expand upon it later depending on how it is received. It sure won't be an easy choice and no matter which they pick there will be blowback from the Vanilla community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Some people want 1.12, others don't. The target market for WoW Classic is much bigger than just people who play on private servers. It includes people that played WoW vanilla back in the day and have long since stopped playing at all, and people who started after vanilla and never got to experience it, and completely new people that are just wanting to try WoW Classic because it's so hyped and such an important part of video game history, etc.

My assumption is that they will create a single version that combines elements from the various vanilla patches (and some newer ideas). The main thing that I'd be interested in understanding is whether they will try to build on an old client version from vanilla or a modern client. The server side is the easy thing (as shown by the various open source WoW servers) since they already have all the content, scripting and databases from vanilla.
    Well there is some missing data that is mostly historically accurate mob damage/hps and the like but I think getting as close as possible will be fine. But you make some good points, the target audience is a wide scope of players, former players and even prospective players. It is why I'm curious what directions they take and how they decide to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Hey now i like addons.. its nice to have an addon showing you which direction to go to or a auto vendor to sell all that junk for you so you don't have to one by one spend an hour sorting through bags.. or even a bag sorter addon so yeah addons are very helpful towards the game regardless if it's classic or current besides blizzard doesn't deem them so bad if they contribute towards the community and encouraging them to keep playing more.
    Yes but in vanilla you could write addons that did your entire rotation flawlessly for you or determined which heal would be best to use, turning every class into 1 button ones.

Just bug fixes and exploits,

I was watching a steam last night and the streamer said he wants absolutely everything the same, including that old bug were you loot and get stuck crouching in the loot position. To me that is absolutely utter nonsense, having that won't make any difference to the Vanilla experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The reason I love WoW Legacy is exactly because what it is.

Vanilla. It was the RPG solution to the Warcraft RTS franchise. Nailed every aspect too. I love every single bug involving Vanilla. I love the long flight paths. I love exaggerated quests. I love the imbalanced talent trees. I love the PVP "imperfections". I love the original Alterac Valley.

I love Classic (Vanilla). I do not like retail.

If Blizzard were to make WoW 2.0, I'd ask them to make it somewhat RPG. Not Diablo.

It is so frustrating to read suggestions from those who never played Vanilla, telling others what changes they need to make them play this.

The people asking for changes are not the target audience!

NO CHANGES REQUIRED!!!
    if they are a paying customer or are planning to play Classic then they are in the target audience and they have the right to make a bloody SUGGESTION. stop acting like a suggestion from a player somehow comes to reality every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I was watching a steam last night and the streamer said he wants absolutely everything the same, including that old bug were you loot and get stuck crouching in the loot position. To me that is absolutely utter nonsense, having that won't make any difference to the Vanilla experience.
    He's one of those players that won't play it, but he's so butthurt about fact that others might have fun, he wants players to have as miserable experience as possible. He's a douche and should be ignored.

Its ongoing theme on this forum. Many are shitposting nonsense, while having absolutely no interest in classic servers. It will probably be like that too on official forums because people who get access to it are ones playing retail, not players who are interested in classic. Because of those assholes there might be problems with developers communication.