Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

What would adding Transmog do to make the game worse in any way? Seriously, why would that be such a problem for you?
    Visual identification was a gigantic part of Vanilla. You knew who did what based on what they wore. You knew their spec in some cases, you knew their class without clicking on them. You don't want Vanilla you want Remastered.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You DO realize that there are people who did not participate in illegal servers and have just as much as a right to Legacy as those people right? This is potentially a reason why you are seeing the community of people who WANT Legacy bickering amongst each other about QoL changes and so on. There are going to be disappointed people on some side of this because some people want 'pure' some people want updated graphics, some people want bug fixes and class balancing and so on. Just because YOU want 'pure' does not mean you're going to get it.
    i think it means exactly that, it's not made for current retail players to try a remastered vanila wow, it's made for tho who want the vanilla wow... Trying to please the second they gain nothing, trying to please the original audience who asked for it they would get the original audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Sonol, looks have NOTHING to do with Vanilla experience.

We have great new models, why forcing ourselves to burn our eyes off looking at these incredibly ugly limbs and square body parts? It won't change the game in the slightest.
    It does. There were no new models back in 2004. You can't just pick parts of the game you like here and there and create a Frankenstein's monster out of it. It becomes "non-vanilla".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    They need to get purists like the Nost guys on staff and input from folks like Kungen who comprehend Vanilla and what it was. Not listen to the smacktards on the forums suggesting transmog because they don't want to look stupid.
    They've already met up with the Nost guys if I'm not wrong.

Hopefully MMO-champ forums lost their credibilty a long time ago so this can only be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    The ppl like me (dunno how many of ppl like are out there), want no more than fixing critical bugs and exploits that fucks the game or servers, nothing else. Perhaps i am in minority, so yes, i'd be disappointed and probably will not play the game that is not 'classic' and 'vanilla' as it was back in the day. Thats ofc my opinio, You all ppl are entitled to Yours and i respect it.
    Yup I understand where you are coming from. I personally don't want to play it and hope I'm not 'forced' by Blizz to do it for retail perks. At this point I'm just quite curious to see how it turns out and what version they end up going with.

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    I'm a vet. Been playing since vanilla. Had a max level ret paladin with exalted AV unstoppable force epic as my first weapon.(yeah I was a noob back then, but still a vet).

I'm asking for QoL and shit. How do you feel being wrong?
    I'm with you on this. Some QOL will help (graphics improvements as an optional extra if you opt in, technical improvements bug fixes etc).

Hell I would even like a separate classic server for a true vanilla experience and another that has QOL improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    "They will not allocate anymore ressources towards it once it's online"

Maybe if you read it a second time it will make sense.
    Still not clear, any source?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    They've already met up with the Nost guys if I'm not wrong.

Hopefully MMO-champ forums lost their credibilty a long time ago so this can only be good.
    Yeah, people on these boards are just ridiculous in most cases.

According to this tweet

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/928124578550898688

They have an original producer? of and one of the founders of Blizz on the classic team board (this guy has a general project deliver position there ? but one could hope ), so perhaps we are safe ?

Deleted
    What people need to realise is, the classic servers need to be profitable. There is no point in this day and age to reboot vanilla servers for them to not make money from them, subscriptions aside.

I personally would play vanilla again, but people will soon realise that vanilla is not the same game we have got used to for years. For me personally, they need to add the shop to vanilla allowing the possibility buy mounts and cosmetic items etc as well as WoW Tokens.

WoW tokens more so as the gold grind in vanilla is off putting enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancleafage View Post
    What people need to realise is, the classic servers need to be profitable. There is no point in this day and age to reboot vanilla servers for them to not make money from them, subscriptions aside.

I personally would play vanilla again, but people will soon realise that vanilla is not the same game we have got used to for years. For me personally, they need to add the shop to vanilla allowing the possibility buy mounts and cosmetic items etc as well as WoW Tokens.

A base buy-in will easily cover the costs. As well as linking it with the main WoW sub just to access the server. The gold grind is Vanilla. You're basically advocating Blizzard SusanExpress. This is why I can't take these suggestions seriously. It's like they are trolling. People can't seriously be this dense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Common sense. But you clearly seem to miss the point, so nvm.
    The title of the thread nails it: "Vanilla demand nonsense".

I'm done with this thread anyway, have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account

Finally someone with a brain. Ultra-purists in any area (not just Vanilla fans) usually lack in this department. Known fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Finally someone with a brain. Ultra-purists in any area (not just Vanilla fans) usually lack in this department. Known fact.
    Yeah, you don't want Vanilla either. You're looking for WoW:Remastered.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

J. Allen Brack: Both, I think. One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i'd care about is updated character models,I don't think I can go back to the old ones, Absolutely terrible in my opinion.

what profit does warcraft tft or diablo 2 generate or brood war ?

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

J. Allen Brack: Both, I think. One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft.
    Thanks mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You're looking for WoW:Remastered.
    Perfect description.
    Yet they still refer to it as vanilla. Be it WoW 2.0 or something else, but stop using the term "vanilla", because I immediatelly assume that you want to play the original game released back in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post

And Blizzard knows that too. They will create classic to bring back the veterans and please them. For all others, there is going to be an expansion called BfA - play that one instead of vanilla.
    They do, and they can also poll only Classic accounts, but now they are seeing there is a lot of interest from other players too. So the question is will they give in and adjust vanilla a bit to accommodate more people or will they ignore these new extra voices who want to try vanilla.

Also, so far, especially on battlenet, a LOT of the posts are from veterans who DO want QoL changes and I mean dungeon finder tools, all classes being viable, etc. My fear for Classic is that so far Blizzard has always proven they listen to the masses - case in point: more or less all PvP changes, drastic PvE changes, arena systems, old armory gone, etc.

The Classic "discussion" is influenced by "while we do make Classic server for veterans, we can also keep a lot of ppl paying subs even if they dont like next expansions, BUT we might have to add some small stuff to vanilla like a, b, c, d, etc".
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2017-11-08 at 10:32 AM.