Poll: Do you still wanna play after seeing this list?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    - No Transmog
    - No Achievements
    - No unique mounts
    - No DK/Monk/DH (Shaman and paladin faction restricted)
    - No Blood elf/Draenei/Panda/Worgen/Goblin
    - No LFD/LFR
    - No Flying
    - No Quest marking on the map. (Yes find ur shit by looking at sites)
    - No multi pulling (you die if you pull 2 mobs)
    - No easy gear
    - No easy leveling
    - No Brawl
    - No Scenarios
    - No new race models
    - No small details (opening map, ur face looking at the target persons etc)
    LOL all these things are pro for me.

Poll misses option "No, had no desire to play Vanilla even before announcement".

That would be just my opinion. Because I actually played vanilla back in 2006 (1.11-1.12 times) and I remember what pain in the ass it was. No money, no mounts until lvl40, manual group making, 3-hr Maraudon runs and 5-hr BRD runs, jeezz... No thanks.

So to make sure people actually wanna play Vanilla, let's give you all a list on what you will lose when you play a vanilla server.

- No Transmog
    - No Achievements
    - No unique mounts
    - No LFD/LFR
    - No Flying
    - No easy gear
    - No easy leveling
    - No Brawl
    - No Scenarios
    - No new race models

And alot more. Are you willing to let go off all of this and actually play vanilla as you thought you would?
    Just wondering on how many forgot on how much you will actually lose, when you go for vanilla.
    All of this is exactly why I am interested in a vanilla server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    The only thing that will piss me off is if they "balance" shit. Keep vanilla balance broken!
    Kinda feel the same with you BUT. there were some specs that were utterly unplayable. Some minor tweaks for the weakest performers would be welcome but.. as it's very very hard to point out which is and which isn't i guess it's best left unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    - Taking hours to level up weapon skills (which means hitting low level ennemies for hours) in order to use the weapon they just got in raid before being able to use it.
    Only took an hour the last time I went from peanuts to 400. Would be no slower for level 60. The mechanic itself makes perfect sense for an RPG, and I still remember recognition of character accomplishment. I miss it.

For every "Vanilla isn't fun" concern-trolling thread, it seems like there's a "Blizzard, teleport me to loot K" mentality, that rejects any flavor in gameplay that isn't meta, behind it.

Deleted
    Yes, I really want to go back to PoM Pyro one shotting people as I float off a cliff. Good times.

Deleted
    I will be keen to get back into it. Was I actively campaigning for it? No. Did I expect them do it? No.

The only issue for me is how often I will actually have to play on it. I plan to once the next xpac is under way and this server(s) are active, I will split it evenly between 2 characters - one live, one classic.

Just have to roll the dice and see how it goes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Only took an hour the last time I went from peanuts to 400. Would be no slower for level 60. The mechanic itself makes perfect sense for an RPG, and I still remember recognition of character accomplishment. I miss it.

For every "Vanilla isn't fun" concern-trolling thread, it seems like there's a "Blizzard, teleport me to loot K" mentality, that rejects any flavor in gameplay that isn't meta, behind it.
    Typically people who hate the RPG part of MMORPG. I hate having to use ammo for my gun! I hate soul shards! I hate it taking more than a week to level to cap! I hate not getting full epics without having to actually raid or grind PVP! I hate traveling! I hate classes having niches and not being homogenized! I hate having to travel to a dungeon! I hate not being able to queue for content and have my group made for me! I hate having to maintain a social reputation in order to progress my character! Fucking Grouchy Smurfs...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather play TBC over Classic.

But I'd rather play Classic a million times over retail.
    It looks like Blizzard is committing to classic servers for the long haul from what they have said in interviews. So I would be very surprised if they don't at least do BC and WotLK too. I missed a lot of the best raids when they were current so I am thrilled to get another opportunity to experience them. Plus everything else of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I hate account wide achievements/collections with a passion. It killed the feeling of "main" for me. So yes, so long as achievements/collections are not shared and leveling is meaningfully long, I'll play in Vanilla/Classic/Pristine/Whatever they launch.
    I love it, and still feel the need to get most things on my main because a lot of achievements are "Earned by X".

Also, I'm fairly certain blizzard will add a few changes to the new classic servers to make things less shitty. For example, quest marking.

Correct. But i wonder how many people forgot on what they don't have access to on this legacy server.
    There's a flip side to that. You could also wonder how many people have had to put up with changes to the vanilla wow game, changes which they do have access to which they would rather not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    And here is what I think of your points:

snip
    I mean you can always play without any gear on with one hand while blindfolded if that's how you like it.

You forgot 1 viable spec per class, retraining costs a lots of not easy earned gold pieces.

So to make sure people actually wanna play Vanilla, let's give you all a list on what you will lose when you play a vanilla server.

- No Transmog
    - No Achievements
    - No unique mounts
    - No LFD/LFR
    - No Flying
    - No easy gear
    - No easy leveling
    - No Brawl
    - No Scenarios
    - No new race models

And alot more. Are you willing to let go off all of this and actually play vanilla as you thought you would?
    Just wondering on how many forgot on how much you will actually lose, when you go for vanilla.
    althugh i may seem very negative in other threads about vanilla ... yes i do want to play , will slowly level undead mage there trying to relive first time i played vanilla, it will be fun to do old changed dungeons , slowly leveling alchemy/herbalism - i do miss that time

but im also realistic to know how slow and tedious it will be . thats why i know i wont level non stop only log in level a bit and go back to BfA for a few days.

i just wish people knew what they are getting into - just to not whine later about how much gameplay sucks compared to nowaday's games.

I don't see any reason they couldn't offer an option for new race models like the one they have now. If someone chooses to see new models it isn't hurting anyone. Whether or not Blizzard feels like it would be worth the effort is another question. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something they add later on.

- No Transmog
    That's part of the greatness. You can just look at someone and know how "good" they are.
    - No Achievements
    Eh, they might actually implement this as part of "polishing" it up. It doesn't impact the game in any way at all (for those worrying about requiring achivement X to do Z, it will be implemented with addons & websites regardless of real achievements existing or not). But even so, if it's not there I really don't care.
    - No unique mounts
    What? Scarab Lord? Plus mounts were actually a much much bigger cost (and upgrade) thus even if they weren't very unique acquiring one was a huge feat.
    That's perfectly fine.
    That's perfectly fine.
    - No LFD/LFR
    A group forming AddOn will be created (Vanilla API allows you to do practically everything), it will function similarly to oQueue.
    - No Flying
    That's great, vanilla WoW didn't have and didn't need flying.
    Vanilla AddOns already implement this.
    That's part of the charm, it's a lot harder.
    - No easy gear
    - No easy leveling
    - No Brawl
    Eh, don't care.
    - No Scenarios
    Eh, don't care.
    - No new race models
    Might actually be included as a HD options toggle in the interface.
    Ehh?

Eh, I can live with practically everything in vanilla. All I'm asking for is that after the initial patch cycle (i.e after we've been through naxx) they balance up some of the weak specs. I'd also like them to lower the maximum respec cost, but I would still play it even if they don't do that last one.