Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    Lol, there is exactly 0% chance that Classic would overtake Live, just FYI.

Similar logic as every gaming platform having retro series concurrent with current series. I seriously, seriously doubt Pokémon Yellow on Virtual Console outsold X and Y. Or Sun and Moon.

In fact, I'd wager all retro re-releases combined did not outsell a single version of one of the new releases.

But...somehow people think the now-grown men and women will come out of the woodwork to shut down Live with their ferocious support for Classic servers...?
    Old School RS is doing better but that's only because the game company sold out and ruined the live game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Your signature is beyond delusional. You honestly think, even if everything else was true, that numbers would stay high and stable for nearly two years under a vanilla system?
    Under a system that we have no idea what patch it will start at no less?

If it starts early, people will leave because of all the shit that is missing from the game then. If it starts late, people will leave because they have completed all of the content in less than a year.

Well congrats to you, and it is probably one of the reasons that you didn't get into a serious raiding guild in vanilla.
    Why do you find it so upsetting of an idea that WoW Classic will hold subs better than current? It did before.. it will again. Are you scared they will learn from it and make current wow have a much better, rewarding, enriching game experience by giving it back what made WoW great to begin with?

And the guy you responded to about talent trees was saying he followed the cookie cutter builds... but the shear act of getting a NEW point every level felt more rewarding and added excoitment. I wholeheartedly agree.

Kay, keep it in your shitty little sand box all you like!

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I agree to a large extent, that What is importen is the feeling. But the MMO player mentaility have changed. And so, while What was fairly importen before was the "how does the entire ride feels like" what is most on players mind is how is the raid going to be. I mean, i raided in vanila, so all i can laugh and say is, I am sure as fuck is not going to do raiding People is going to have a shocked time about how time consuming it was. While for me, I agree what is going to be importen is the feel, for that is likely what i will focus on I be casual in vanila
    how are you going to gear then?
    grind exalted with av for months for a shitty purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    People offended by words, chill the fuck out you know what I meant, jesus christ.
    I'm not offended, just pointing out the flaw in your argument. Nice projection.

"chill the fuck out jesus christ"

Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post

Haven't seen one person claim it was perfect and flawless. So how was that last point again?
    You clearly never read the megathread where people handwave any criticism given of vanilla constantly.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't know, the amount of people that I see complaining that Legion PvP is unbalanced it would be kind of silly for them to want to play Vanilla. Considering the balance in PvP in Vanilla is literally the worst point it was ever at.
    Vanilla had a sort of perfect imbalance, which made pvp fun for almost any class (if you werent a druid) one of the main issues with pvp today is that it's been overbalanced.

it's still not balanced, but now it's this sterile, arbitrary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Frostmages kiting melee enemies with rank 1 frostbolts proves you argument wrong.
    yes frostmages could kite melee, melee could oneshot clothies, warlocks could dot up multiple people and draim them to death.
    shamans could interrupt almost every single cast you did and kill you in one windfury.

everyone had something that made them OP. that's what made vanilla pvp fun,
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-08 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    Vanilla had a sort of perfect imbalance, which made pvp fun for almost any class (if you werent a druid) one of the main issues with pvp today is that it's been overbalanced.

it's still not balanced, but now it's this sterile, arbitrary thing.

yes frostmages could kite melee, melee could oneshot clothies, warlocks could dot up multiple people and draim them to death.
    shamans could interrupt almost every single cast you did and kill you in one windfury.

everyone had something that made them OP. that's what made vanilla pvp fun,
    No, it made PvP in Classic WoW a fucking trainwreck.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    how are you going to gear then?
    grind exalted with av for months for a shitty purple?
    oh i know, and i will see if i can get into a ZG / MC raid, that was hard enough for most. If not, then just superior gear will do. some UBRS

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    No, it made PvP in Classic WoW a fucking trainwreck.
    agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'm not offended, just pointing out the flaw in your argument. Nice projection.

"chill the fuck out jesus christ"

Irony.
    "I don't know what to say so I'll just call projection mweh mweh mweh."
    All you had to do was not respond and move on with your day, now you look even more offended.

I like to compare the vanilla PvP to Nintendo's Mario Kart. It's somewhat imbalanced and random, but it's part of the design behind and ultimately the difference between each class is ten times more important than balance.

"I don't know what to say so I'll just call projection mweh mweh mweh."
    All you had to do was not respond and move on with your day, now you look even more offended.

"I don't know what to say so I'll just call you offended mweh mweh mweh."

Last edited by anon5123; 2017-11-08 at 03:02 PM.

Well, to be fair, at endgame, yeah, it was all about raids. For PvE, at least. About all there was otherwise was farming gold or crafting materials.

However getting there took much longer, was more challenging, and involved a lot more interaction with other players, and that's what I think a lot of people are going to like most about the return of Classic, me included.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

"I don't know what to say so I'll just call you offended mweh mweh mweh."

"This guy who is obviously smarter than me just said I should stop replying so I stop making a fool out of myself. Let me just reply once more and with images to show the true depth of my frustration."

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Why do you find it so upsetting of an idea that WoW Classic will hold subs better than current? It did before.. it will again. Are you scared they will learn from it and make current wow have a much better, rewarding, enriching game experience by giving it back what made WoW great to begin with?

And the guy you responded to about talent trees was saying he followed the cookie cutter builds... but the shear act of getting a NEW point every level felt more rewarding and added excoitment. I wholeheartedly agree.
    I did -not- know Trump played Vanilla WoW nor had a vested interested in Classic servers, but this post has changed my view.

Did you mean to suggest that Classic WoW ever had more subs than its Live counterpart? Because...you know that can't be true, since there's never BEEN a Classic server AND Live running side by side.

But yeah, Make Azeroth Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    I did -not- know Trump played Vanilla WoW nor had a vested interested in Classic servers, but this post has changed my view.

Did you mean to suggest that Classic WoW ever had more subs than its Live counterpart? Because...you know that can't be true, since there's never BEEN a Classic server AND Live running side by side.

But yeah, Make Azeroth Great Again.

Such a cute post. Yes there were servers running classic wow... classic meaning Vanilla, BC and Wrath.. ALL of which help subscribers and NEVER dropped but increased the entire time. Unlike every single expansion since... Especially the last two which have been monumental failures at maintaining subs. (Which is why they are even entertaining Classic WoW to begin with)

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If you think that the community sense will be back just because it's vanilla, you'll be sorely disappointed. The general wow community has been irreparably damaged I believe in terms of the high levels of Apathy that people seem to somehow vomit out of their ears
    Anyone who have played on nost know this is wrong the community will be back for 100%

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Anyone who have played on nost know this is wrong the community will be back for 100%
    Yep, community is also present in post wotlk private servers. not the same as you might get from blizz servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it may be seen as anti-vanilla but most people who talk negatively about it are the people who know what's up and are just informing the community. Too many people think it was a perfect flawless game with millions of choices and an amazing time. It wasn't. I will play classic, I will enjoy it, but I know there won't be a lot of people after a month, I'm not delusional.
    What are you even talking about? I haven't seen a single pro-vanilla player on here suggesting anything of the sort. People all over are constantly saying how it's an imbalanced mess at times but still so much fun. Because, strangely enough, that's what it was.

You don't need perfect class balance, every spec with the exact same toolkits, bosses with 10+ different fires to avoid etc to have fun.