Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Makes sense. If you are getting outsold by a competitor by quite a Margin, you might as well try to ride their success.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a silly thing to say. That's like saying People don't enjoy RPG's because CoD Games are still Alive.
    Or its like saying Lots of people still enjoy cod games so not all video games will become rpgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    People falling for marketing schemes is not the same as "don't enjoy". They haven't tried and there's no corporation pushing it, other than maybe Valve. Come to think of it Valve does have a Big Screen mode in Steam which basically transforms your desktop PC into a console experience.

Consoles stay alive only for accessibility reasons, not because they are better gaming platforms. And I know that because I own all of them.
    The problem most people have are fixing a pc, troubleshooting it and doing anything outside of starting up a game. Thats why ease of access makes consoles popular along with the price point of them. Not everyone has 1k to drop on somthing to game with when 150-250 is much easier to handle. Factor in some people just cant grasp basic technology aside from plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    PCs have had that in a form of OnLive service. You could play games on chrombook for $100, if you had a very good internet that is.
    You mean Onlive that service that was shutdown ages ago and is no longer around.

Onlive ran like shit and had no reason for people to sub to it. Something like PSNow (that is on PC right now) has the draw of exclusives and is improving monthly. I also didn't say the service wouldn't come to PC as well. Just that there would be one and PSNow is the start to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft does some kinda of setup as well. The only one I don't see doing it anytime soon is Nintendo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    You would need an extensive CDN to make this work, as latency would ruin the experience of many types of games. There is already some innate latency in the real-time compression required to send you the stream, on top of the distance it would have to travel to you.
    Well this is all in the future, maybe a decade from now. As technology improves its inevitable that consoles will cease to be as they are known today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The problem most people have are fixing a pc, troubleshooting it and doing anything outside of starting up a game. Thats why ease of access makes consoles popular along with the price point of them. Not everyone has 1k to drop on somthing to game with when 150-250 is much easier to handle. Factor in some people just cant grasp basic technology aside from plug and play.
    You don't drop close to 1k into a PC every 3 years. Especially in the last decade where iops for CPUs has stagnated greatly. I'm sitting at 5 years on my 3770K CPU and the new Z370 chipset Intel CPUs are the first ones actually on my radar for a potential upgrade. And even those are only like a 35% performance gain 5.5 years and 5 generations later. The one complication more recently is cryptocurrency miners have driven up the costs of consumer GPUs by like double.

You don't drop close to 1k into a PC every 3 years. Especially in the last decade where iops for CPUs has stagnated greatly. I'm sitting at 5 years on my 3770K CPU and the new Z370 chipset Intel CPUs are the first ones actually on my radar for a potential upgrade. And even those are only like a 35% performance gain 5.5 years and 5 generations later. The one complication more recently is cryptocurrency miners have driven up the costs of consumer GPUs by like double.
    3-4 years is the average upgrade cycle for new gaming pc so not sure what your on about. just because yours hasnt taken a shit doesnt mean anything.

3-4 years is the average upgrade cycle for new gaming pc so not sure what your on about. just because yours hasnt taken a shit doesnt mean anything.
    I've had a PC since the late 90s and the only hardware failures I've suffered were a PSU fan dying, and two HDD failures: both of which were the infamous IBM "Deathstar" drives that were a fiasco on the scale of 360 RROD for them. I don't know where you get that its normal for a PC to "take a shit" after only a handful of years.

I've had a PC since the late 90s and the only hardware failures I've suffered were a PSU fan dying, and two HDD failures: both of which were the infamous IBM "Deathstar" drives that were a fiasco on the scale of 360 RROD for them. I don't know where you get that its normal for a PC to "take a shit" after only a handful of years.
    iv seen gpus die, iv seen onboard gpus die, iv seen ram die, iv seen mobos die. Thats nice your shit lasts long but not everyone wants to game on a gaming pc hense why this even exists, you seem beyond mad that it does. You dont like it fine, you dont have to buy it. But its here, people are buying and enjoying it.

iv seen gpus die, iv seen onboard gpus die, iv seen ram die, iv seen mobos die. Thats nice your shit lasts long but not everyone wants to game on a gaming pc hense why this even exists, you seem beyond mad that it does. You dont like it fine, you dont have to buy it. But its here, people are buying and enjoying it.
    By all means, fools and their money are soon departed. All I pointed out was you're buying a Dell and acting like its a Cray.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem most people have are fixing a pc, troubleshooting it and doing anything outside of starting up a game.
    Well they can do the same thing they do when their console breaks. So no problem.
    Thats why ease of access makes consoles popular along with the price point of them. Not everyone has 1k to drop on somthing to game with when 150-250 is much easier to handle. Factor in some people just cant grasp basic technology aside from plug and play.
    I dunno buying Xbox one when it was current and then buying XboxOneX when it's current is around 1k.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Well it worked for Sega and would give them a large established in into the asian markets where the xbox brand is poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look whose back with the clicks

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/927593750381191169

Minecraft is multi plat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well it worked for Sega and would give them a large established in into the asian markets where the xbox brand is poison.
    Do they have any games that would flourish on the asian market?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Do they have any games that would flourish on the asian market?
    Honestly Halo 5 would probably do okay. Don't get me wrong its an unapologetically shitty game but theres a crowd in Japan that are insane about games like Destiny and Halo 5 clearly wanted the Destiny audience. Throw in the warzone that is straight up gachashit and it may be like our ubisoft/gta whales but gross as it is theres still an audience.

Is the team responsible for Xbox intent on killing their own console? They already got no exclusives left since the Windows 10 functionality AND they talk about games working on their number 1 competing console, why would you ever need to buy an Xbox anymore?

Seems like corporate suicide to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Is the team responsible for Xbox intent on killing their own console? They already got no exclusives left since the Windows 10 functionality AND they talk about games working on their number 1 competing console, why would you ever need to buy an Xbox anymore?

Seems like corporate suicide to me.
    or a very nice tax write off.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Sega is a fucking train wreck and I'm not sure any company wants to compare to them. After the cancelled dreamcast exclusives that got gamecube/xbox/ps2 ports dried up Sega went to complete shit as a 3rd party developer and even sold their most profitable studio in VC to take two who is laughing to the bank as NBA2k sells gangbusters each year.

Even when Sega creates a new interesting IP(like Valkyria Chronicles) they fuck it up. The only consistent IP they have currently is Yakuza and if not for their European division and the acquisition of Atlus their overall company would be laughable as fuck as their internal development is literally Yakuza and piles of shit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-08 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oh look whose back with the clicks

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/927593750381191169

Minecraft is multi plat.
    Quoting this so more people click on it possibly.

Just goes to show how one interviewer injecting their own opinion can screw everything over.

(for those unwilling to click, it's Phil saying that only Minecraft is going multiplat, no plans past that, AKA- the articles aren't true and are just a misinterpretation of what he said).