Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Arakkoa, both types would be cool...maybe could even give one to each faction (I'd say traditional for Alliance and the new WoD ones for Horde?)
    I like that Idea, so we could have both playable, but i see some problems there..

1. in our Universe, High Arakkoa are extinct. We only have the Cursed ones in Outland, so we cant have both unless they will find a cure for their Curse maybe.
    2. Remaining AU Draenor High and Cursed Arakkoa united and formed the Order of the Awakened after the events in Spires of Arak. Would'nt make much sense maybe to split them again into Horde and Alliance.

But im the last person who is against playable Arakkoa lol. Would love to see both playable, but not sure how it could work with that background.

As much as I’d love to get vrykul, high elves, furbolgs and klaxxi as recruitable races, I don’t think we’ll get anything past these 6. 4 of them will be ready by launch and 2 will be patch content mid-expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by powerword-shawarma View Post
    As much as I’d love to get vrykul, high elves, furbolgs and klaxxi as recruitable races, I don’t think we’ll get anything past these 6. 4 of them will be ready by launch and 2 will be patch content mid-expansion.
    They specifically went out to say that it's a system they want to build on, and that there's 6 for BfA release at the very least, with more already planned.

And it's actually starting to look more like 4 will be playable in 7.3.5 and 2 in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    Dear God, please no! Wow isn't an Asian MMO.
    i play on moon guard. i can see the erp now "what's the matter, big boy? never had your cock sucked by a fox before?"

as for future races, i want fel orcs. not the black ones from wod, i want red chaos orcs. brown orcs are cool, but i won't be happy until i can have a red orc warlock.

- - - Updated - - -

also, horde should get vulpera IF they ever become playable. we need something to boost our numbers, even blood elves aren't cutting it on moon guard.

i wouldn't outright rule out vulpera either. could anyone truly say they saw nightborne coming? even with 7.1, i still never would have guessed they'd be playable, even if they did have good relations with the blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i play on moon guard. i can see the erp now "what's the matter, big boy? never had your cock sucked by a fox before?"

as for future races, i want fel orcs. not the black ones from wod, i want red chaos orcs. brown orcs are cool, but i won't be happy until i can have a red orc warlock.

- - - Updated - - -

also, horde should get vulpera IF they ever become playable. we need something to boost our numbers, even blood elves aren't cutting it on moon guard.

i wouldn't outright rule out vulpera either. could anyone truly say they saw nightborne coming? even with 7.1, i still never would have guessed they'd be playable, even if they did have good relations with the blood elves.
    Before that FinalBoss interview at Blizzcon, I could have actually seen Vulpera (Goblin rig) and Tortollan (Pandaren rig) as going to the Horde and Alliance respectively as allied races.

Afterwards, not so sure, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Before that FinalBoss interview at Blizzcon, I could have actually seen Vulpera (Goblin rig) and Tortollan (Pandaren rig) as going to the Horde and Alliance respectively as allied races.

Afterwards, not so sure, sadly.
    oh? what did it say?

i mean, i remember gamescom with afrasiabi saying about nightborne "we're going to kill all of them."

oh? what did it say?

i mean, i remember gamescom with afrasiabi saying about nightborne "we're going to kill all of them."
    Something about how they're currently in development and not done at all, and that they will have unique voices (logical), unique animation sets and all that.

The unique animation sets thing kind of concerns me. The whole pro of allied races was that they could just keep current playable race rigs and make models and model customization, allowing them to more easily create and add new allied races than, say, a complete new race. If they wanted, they could easily go "Oh, we helped this NPC race using the human male rig out in this expansion, they can become an allied race."

But if they will have all-new animations, that means the work required for them is a lot more, which would mean they couldn't just go "Oh, Vulpera. We can edit them to be able to wear armor and have different hair or face styles, but they'll keep using the Goblin rig." like I thought they would.

Something about how they're currently in development and not done at all, and that they will have unique voices (logical), unique animation sets and all that.

The unique animation sets thing kind of concerns me. The whole pro of allied races was that they could just keep current playable race rigs and make models and model customization, allowing them to more easily create and add new allied races than, say, a complete new race. If they wanted, they could easily go "Oh, we helped this NPC race using the human male rig out in this expansion, they can become an allied race."

But if they will have all-new animations, that means the work required for them is a lot more, which would mean they couldn't just go "Oh, Vulpera. We can edit them to be able to wear armor and have different hair or face styles, but they'll keep using the Goblin rig." like I thought they would.
    well, what he said in the interview from what i remember is that they will have unique emotes and voice lines. not specifically animations really.

like, nightborne share 90% of the night elf animations. just their run and idle are different, and they will have different /silly and other stuff like that. everything else will still look night elf. dark irons, highmountain, and lightforged are even closer.

so, honestly, i still see it as possible.

well, what he said in the interview from what i remember is that they will have unique emotes and voice lines. not specifically animations really.

like, nightborne share 90% of the night elf animations. just their run and idle are different, and they will have different /silly and other stuff like that. everything else will still look night elf. dark irons, highmountain, and lightforged are even closer.

so, honestly, i still see it as possible.
    I think it was new dances, too. And that's the thing, honestly. If they can just reuse existing rigs, they can do stuff like this:

"Oh, we had Mogu in Pandaria. They could join the Horde, since they use the old draenei rig. We can grab the mogu male and mogu female (from ToT) model, update them and give them the updated draenei rigs."

And the same for Taunka, they could give Tuskarr the Pandaren rig, Broken could keep the Draenei rig, etc.

But if they have to add a bunch of new custom emotes per allied race, I feel it would hinder their ability to be a lot more.. outgoing with it. I don't know, maybe I'm being silly, but I liked the idea that allied races existed to be sort of a middle ground between a new character skin and a full-on-race.

I think it was new dances, too. And that's the thing, honestly. If they can just reuse existing rigs, they can do stuff like this:

"Oh, we had Mogu in Pandaria. They could join the Horde, since they use the old draenei rig. We can grab the mogu male and mogu female (from ToT) model, update them and give them the updated draenei rigs."

And the same for Taunka, they could give Tuskarr the Pandaren rig, Broken could keep the Draenei rig, etc.

But if they have to add a bunch of new custom emotes per allied race, I feel it would hinder their ability to be a lot more.. outgoing with it. I don't know, maybe I'm being silly, but I liked the idea that allied races existed to be sort of a middle ground between a new character skin and a full-on-race.
    i honestly prefer it this way. i don't think it hinders nearly as much as a full on new race would, ya know? adding some new emote animations isn't really a monumental task.

i'm a little annoyed they won't have their own starting zones even. but that much i'm willing to give on. just enough to feel like it's still a different race. i never wanted just a cosmetic option.

i honestly prefer it this way. i don't think it hinders nearly as much as a full on new race would, ya know? adding some new emote animations isn't really a monumental task.

i'm a little annoyed they won't have their own starting zones even. but that much i'm willing to give on. just enough to feel like it's still a different race. i never wanted just a cosmetic option.
    Everyone has their preferences, and I'm certainly not complaining about extra custom emotes. Just the limitations. I'd rather get 4 more allied races that blatantly use existing player rigs in 8.1 than 2 more in 8.4 because they needed to make custom emotes.

I wanna see a set of them for each expansion:

BC/WoD:
    Saberon, Arakkoa cursed and normal, Ogres, Orc skins, Broken.

Wrath:
    Frostborn, Taunka, Clockwork Gnome, Vykrul, Ice Troll

Cata:
    ??????

MoP:
    Jinyu, Yaungol, Saurok, Hozen

Now I would like to express my point of view in more detail. Before this, I will also briefly outline the theses that guided me in drawing up this list.

• I believe that the concept of allied races is their blood relationship. It means that we are more likely to see the Gilgoblins/Hobgoblins as allied race of Goblins, rather than a Vulperas or Tuscarr for Pandarens.
    • Ogres planned as playable race twice at least: in Burning Crusade and Cataclysm.
    • This is not a strong argument, but anyway - we have vrykul and ogre masks for Hallow's end as other playable races.
    • Also it was confirmed that dragonkins was planned as playable race for Cataclysm.
    • Murlocs interesting, but quite primitive people.
    • The problem of nagas tails is difficult to solve from different technical aspects, so their appearance as a game race is also lower than that of the presented ones.

So, there is my list of possible races

Alliance
    Core
    • Humans
    • Dwarves
    • Gnomes
    • Night Elves
    • Draenei
    • Worgens
    • Vrykuls - warriors, death knights, mages, warlocks, shamans, hunters; lead by Sigrin;
    • Pandarens
    • Dragonkins - warriors, mages, priests, hunters, shamans; Dragonflight Council as faction leaders;

Allied
    • Stouts - Kul'Tiras brutes
    • Dark Iron Dwarves
    • Sand Gnomes [or some Deeprock/Leprechaun relatieves from future contents with druid class]
    • Void Elves
    • Lightforged Draenei
    • Dire Worgens [Night Elves or Stouts]
    • Valarjars - also can be paladins;
    • Fulborgs - all the same as Pandarens, but instead of monks they have druids;
    • Dragonmen [like Maloriak, Kyrak, Tarvus]

Horde
    Core
    • Orcs
    • Trolls
    • Goblins
    • Blood Elves
    • Taurens
    • Undead
    • Ogres - warriors, priests, shamans, mages, warlocks, hunters, death knights; lead by Rexxar;
    • Pandarens
    • Dragonkins

Allied
    • Mag'har - brown-, grey- and white- skins;
    • Zandalari
    • Gilgoblins [or Hobgoblins] - possibly can't be warlocks;
    • Nightborne
    • Highmountain Taurens
    • Wights [elven Forsaken]
    • Mag'hars - can't be mages, warlocks and priests, but possible have rogues;
    • Fulborgs
    • Dragonmen
    Last edited by Kastore Arcannet; 2017-11-09 at 07:03 AM. Reason: addition for post

I want to play a huge-ass, bulky, hulking dire orc like SoO Malkorok or Ariok from HFC.

Deleted
    Definetly Kul Tiran Humans

I'll take them over the Vrykul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastore Arcannet View Post
    Now I would like to express my point of view in more detail. Before this, I will also briefly outline the theses that guided me in drawing up this list.

• I believe that the concept of allied races is their blood relationship. It means that we are more likely to see the Gilgoblins/Hobgoblins as allied race of Goblins, rather than a Vulperas or Tuscarr for Pandarens.
    • Ogres planned as playable race twice at least: in Burning Crusade and Cataclysm.
    • This is not a strong argument, but anyway - we have vrykul and ogre masks for Hallow's end as other playable races.
    • Also it was confirmed that dragonkins was planned as playable race for Cataclysm.
    • Murlocs interesting, but quite primitive people.
    • The problem of nagas tails is difficult to solve from different technical aspects, so their appearance as a game race is also lower than that of the presented ones.
    I agree/disagree with you on many of these. First of all, you are right on both Ogres and Dragonkin being planned playable races at points beforehand. I also completely agree on the Naga tail issues, they don't really use the same skeletons and thus would be new races if added. You are also correct that Ogre/Vrykul have Male/Female Hallow's End masks, though those were added in an ill-fated attempt to hide Worgen/Goblin as new races in Cata.

However, I'm not sure I agree on the Allied Races concept being based on blood. Void Elves don't really have a blood relationship to the Night Elves, the NE relationship would be far closer for Nightborne IMHO. I see allied races more as political/ideological allies in game, as well as a way to vary up and/or give options to the other factions. The Nightborne are definitely closer politically to the Blood Elves than the Night Elves, plus this gives the Horde a way to have Night Elves. That's not to say that this is largely to give all races to the other faction...the current non-elf Allied Races all match another race in their own faction. But it's not out of the realm of possibility by any stretch.

As for your list, are these things you think would be in BfA or things you could see coming later? I suspect we'll only be getting allied races here unfortunately, but I could see some of the others (Dragonkin, etc) coming as full new races later. Then again, Blizzard has been known to surprise with new content, particularly as of late.

I'd personally probably swap out Gilgoblins for Leper Gnomes and Sand Gnomes for either Murlocs or Gilgoblins. That may be weird, but we've seen these each somewhat in play...we know of a section of Leper Gnomes that swore fealty to Sylvanas after the Alliance refused to do anything for them. We also have seen Murlocs working hand in hand with King Mrgl-Mrgl, who seems to be a member of the Alliance. That connection could either bring Murlocs in or could wind up being a Gilgoblin introduction. I'd also likely replace Wights with San'layn, but that's more semantics...the two really aren't all that different.

Definitely like the thought process...makes me think of all the varying possibilities for this system.

Posted my ideas in a couple other threads, but here's my list:

Alliance
    Human - Kul Tiran, Vrykul
    Dwarf - Wildhammer Dwarf, Frostborn
    Night Elf - ???
    Gnome - Leper Gnome (Horde), Mechagnome
    Draenei - Broken, Man'ari Eredar
    Worgen - Kaldorei Worgen, Saberon

Neutral
    Pandaren - Furbolg (Alliance), ??? (Horde)

Horde
    Orc - Draenor Orc [Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw, red skin, other AU clans]
    Undead - Unliving [Nathanos-type], Undead Elves
    Tauren - Taunka, Grimtotem Tauren
    Troll - Forest Troll
    Blood Elf - ???
    Goblin - Vulpera, Hobgoblin, Cyborg Goblin [based on original hobgoblin concept art]

This is all I can think of at the moment, please feel free to give me ideas so I can expand my list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    This is all I can think of at the moment, please feel free to give me ideas so I can expand my list.
    Well having in mind that the Horde have Sylvanas as their Warchief, i can see all horde races with an undead variant (Maybe Sylvanas hire some of those guys that make the Goblin's product adds, to make Undeath more attractive as a second chance to do something) -even more for races like Goblins, Trolls and Blood Elfs-.

Now that Baine is reuniting the clans of the Taurens, maybe he will go with all the different known clans, or at least try to make some type of alliance with them (Include the yaungol taurens), the same for the Trolls, now that the Zandalari empires join us, maybe they will try to remake the whole empire within the Horde (trying to make other Trolls join us, like the Frost troll, the Sand Troll, etc...)

Wretched for the Blood elfs (I always liked the idea of the Forsaken's alchemist experimenting on this guys, until they find a way to make their minds whole again -obviously with a couple of fails in the way)

Maybe if that happens to the BE we could get the same for the Wretched Nightbornes.

Felblood elves would be cool too (Fel Hightmountain Taurens look sick, but having in mind how that went in Legion, i'm pretty sure they are not an option)
    Note: Though it would be really cool if they add Warlock as a future option for Highmountain with those looks

Also Gilgoblins for Goblins.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2017-11-08 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I agree/disagree with you on many of these. First of all, you are right on both Ogres and Dragonkin being planned playable races at points beforehand. I also completely agree on the Naga tail issues, they don't really use the same skeletons and thus would be new races if added. You are also correct that Ogre/Vrykul have Male/Female Hallow's End masks, though those were added in an ill-fated attempt to hide Worgen/Goblin as new races in Cata.

However, I'm not sure I agree on the Allied Races concept being based on blood. Void Elves don't really have a blood relationship to the Night Elves, the NE relationship would be far closer for Nightborne IMHO. I see allied races more as political/ideological allies in game, as well as a way to vary up and/or give options to the other factions. The Nightborne are definitely closer politically to the Blood Elves than the Night Elves, plus this gives the Horde a way to have Night Elves. That's not to say that this is largely to give all races to the other faction...the current non-elf Allied Races all match another race in their own faction. But it's not out of the realm of possibility by any stretch.

As for your list, are these things you think would be in BfA or things you could see coming later? I suspect we'll only be getting allied races here unfortunately, but I could see some of the others (Dragonkin, etc) coming as full new races later. Then again, Blizzard has been known to surprise with new content, particularly as of late.

I'd personally probably swap out Gilgoblins for Leper Gnomes and Sand Gnomes for either Murlocs or Gilgoblins. That may be weird, but we've seen these each somewhat in play...we know of a section of Leper Gnomes that swore fealty to Sylvanas after the Alliance refused to do anything for them. We also have seen Murlocs working hand in hand with King Mrgl-Mrgl, who seems to be a member of the Alliance. That connection could either bring Murlocs in or could wind up being a Gilgoblin introduction. I'd also likely replace Wights with San'layn, but that's more semantics...the two really aren't all that different.

Definitely like the thought process...makes me think of all the varying possibilities for this system.
    I'll break my answer to the points for better readability.

1. I completely agreed with you about Nightborne and Night Elves. I think that hardly anyone can doubt this. However, we understand the purpose for which this was done. One of the most important mascots returned to the Alliance - Alleria and Tyralion. Another reason - 'Blood elves' for Alliance and 'Night elves' for Horde. We can discuss the plot's validity of this choice, but I think that its tension is obvious.

2. At the same time, these Void Elves are far descendants of Night Elves. And if we look at other allied races, we can see that they all have a clear blood relationship. Therefore, it was concluded that allied races are added more by the principle of kinship, with the subsequent justification of the plot and political motives.

3. I think that we will have no more than 4 races for each faction in this expansion.

4. The list I presented is my vision of the completed composition of all playable races that can be achieved over several expansions. Before the WoD I hoped about Arakkoa and Ogres, as for now I'm thought about Vrykul and Ogres. Btw, I understand their height problems, and, unfortunately, I'm not sure about their appearance.

5. But I'm almost sure about Drakonids as neutral race. According to one version, they are mortals, drunk dragons' blood. So they could be representatives of the Alliance and the Horde.

6. I emphasize that I was talking about leprechauns or some deeprock brethen of Gnomes, because the Leper Gnomes are weird and hostile for Gnomes.

In any case, I have no doubt that Blizzard will find something to surprise us.
    Last edited by Kastore Arcannet; 2017-11-08 at 10:20 PM. Reason: grammar fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Notice I didnt put anything for gnomes or blood elves. Blood elves can use the "undead elves" but they fit the undead, since well, they are undead. And Gnomes have nothing based on their models that i would qualify. Dont even try to lay claim to Vulpera, as it has been stated that the Horde goes to help them. Trying to say gilgoblins, is like trying to say troggs should be the "gnome" equivalent. And whenever i see an alliance poster, its very easy to see when they state "alliance: vulpera" and "horde: Gilgoblins" its like they have no idea. They saw something "cute" and want it. =.= Lore wise, there are no CURRENT models for the goblins, at least until vulpera.
    Mechagnomes and Sand Gnomes both exist.

Sand Gnomes are Jawas.
    Speciation Is Gradual