Poll: Alliance or horde?

Deleted

For The Horde, or for the Alliance?

from the day of wows launch i made a character on the server al'akir EU and named him kovah, a human warrior, but as i was leveling i saw the horde fighting the alliance in world pvp and i dreamed of the day i could join them in battle, because it seemed like they where losing all the time it eventually happened after 6 months of leveling that i was strong enough to fight for them, i dreamed of been a sick warrior of the horde with a massive axe to strike down my enemys, but as time has gone on over the years i have learned to the respect the alliance, they always are the underdog and fight for a just cause. its all the cool kids who roll horde and want to be cool like the rest of them and roll a cool looking undead rogue. but not for me anymore, the horde reminds me of twitch chat, full of kids and people who just dont understand, i will be switching sides on vanilla servers, and fighting for a just cause.

Are you horde, or alliance? for me there is only one choise.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-11-09 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. I probably won't be doing much PvP so it ultimately boils down to aesthetics, and in that regard I can't really choose. Fear Ward will de facto have me going Alliance on my main (and I'll be an elusive female dwarf at that), but Horde-side I'll probably level up a BM hunter or something and just enjoy the ride. Mulgore recently became one of my favorite starter zones after I gave it the ol' college try (prior to Cata I hadn't really had the opportunity or inclination to go through Mulgore on my Horde toons, when Eversong/Ghostlands was more lucrative and gave better gear rewards).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I prefer Alliance travel points and Ironforge as a main city to do business in. However the Barrens and Ratchet are a lot of fun as Horde.

This is going to be an awkward expansion for people like me who like to play both factions

However, watching Teldrassil burn is 'bout to have me raiding some Horde cities! FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!

Deleted
    FOR THE...whatever my friends play!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Good question. I probably won't be doing much PvP so it ultimately boils down to aesthetics, and in that regard I can't really choose. Fear Ward will de facto have me going Alliance on my main (and I'll be an elusive female dwarf at that), but Horde-side I'll probably level up a BM hunter or something and just enjoy the ride. Mulgore recently became one of my favorite starter zones after I gave it the ol' college try (prior to Cata I hadn't really had the opportunity or inclination to go through Mulgore on my Horde toons, when Eversong/Ghostlands was more lucrative and gave better gear rewards).
    For me though i played on a pvp server back in vanilla when faction pride actually meant something, i was ganked multiple times while leveling and it made me hate the alliance more than i thought it would, i despised the people who ganked me and killed me multiple times in battlegrounds, because i knew who they where, what gear they had, and what there names where, it was so much more personal than it is now. as i grew in strencth and gear i started to get my revenge on them because i was never strong enough to face them when i was undergeared, it literally was the greatest feeling ever. i feel that once vanilla servers are released this will all happen again and old hatreds will be reborn. once again old rivalrys will stir again, after all. what is world of warcraft without WAR?
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-11-09 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post

However, watching Teldrassil burn is 'bout to have me raiding some Horde cities! FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!
    I was tempted to level on Horde since I did Alliance in Vanilla, but this got me going too. Teldrassil is my home!

And if I'm masochistic enough, it might be another druid - resto.

Alliance for Vanilla! Wooooo!

It'll be interesting to see if they allow the changes to class race combinations, like Tauren Paladins or Dwarf Shamans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewanar View Post
    Alliance for Vanilla! Wooooo!

It'll be interesting to see if they allow the changes to class race combinations, like Tauren Paladins or Dwarf Shamans.
    they won't add sub-factions in and will keep them as they were back in vanilla, orcs, trolls, undead, and tauren for horde, dwarfs, humans, night elfs and gnomes for alliance, it wouldnt make sence for them to change it. old hatreds never change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    what is world of warcraft without WAR?
    A satisfying adventure/rise-to-power story about a hero of humble origins who bands together with others to stop the march of the Blackrocks and Dark Irons at Blackrock Mountain, who pushes the Scourge back inch by bloody inch in the Plaguelands, who bears silent witness to the horrors of Stratholme and the Scholomance, faces down the Blood God in the troll city of Zul'Gurub, cripples the Black Dragonflight's mad plans to create a new, subservient flight of patchworked horrors in Blackwing Lair, and takes down a god from an age beyond reckoning after the gates to Ahn'Qiraj open.

Deleted
    A satisfying adventure/rise-to-power story about a hero of humble origins who bands together with others to stop the march of the Blackrocks and Dark Irons at Blackrock Mountain, who pushes the Scourge back inch by bloody inch in the Plaguelands, who bears silent witness to the horrors of Stratholme and the Scholomance, faces down the Blood God in the troll city of Zul'Gurub, cripples the Black Dragonflight's mad plans to create a new, subservient flight of patchworked horrors in Blackwing Lair, and takes down a god from an age beyond reckoning after the gates to Ahn'Qiraj open.

U must of played on a pve server because raids where never part of the story. there was never any story, just horde and alliance fighting eathcother. and even the new expansion is reigniting the old hatred between alliance and horde, because at the end of the day that is why this game started, it was never about killing a super villain at the end of an expansion. it was about World Of Warcraft. it was about pride of faction and hatred of the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    U must of played on a pve server because raids where never part of the story. there was never any story, just horde and alliance fighting eathcother. and even the new expansion is reigniting the old hatred between alliance and horde, because at the end of the day that is why this game started, it was never about killing a super villain at the end of an expansion. it was about World Of Warcraft. it was about pride of faction and hatred of the other.
    There was no story, except for all those quest chains at level 50+ that took you all over the world, including memorable chains like You Are Demon, Rak'likh, the Fallen Hero of the Horde, and discovering Lady Katrana Prestor's machinations and outing her as Onyxia, daughter of Deathwing, with the help of Marshal Reginald Windsor. Each raid and most dungeons had a quest line associated with it that immersed you in the WORLD of Warcraft, showing you the fallout of Warcraft 3 on the setting and introducing new threats.

To assert that all there was to the game was PvP is disingenuous at best. Even Battle for Azeroth is confirmed to have a greater metaplot than the faction war that will never have any decisive conclusion or any meaningful progression to its story, because the faction war is the single weakest aspect of the franchise's metaplot ever since the MMO enforced a static status quo on the factions.

Deleted
    There was no story, except for all those quest chains at level 50+ that took you all over the world, including memorable chains like You Are Demon, Rak'likh, the Fallen Hero of the Horde, and discovering Lady Katrana Prestor's machinations and outing her as Onyxia, daughter of Deathwing, with the help of Marshal Reginald Windsor. Each raid and most dungeons had a quest line associated with it that immersed you in the WORLD of Warcraft, showing you the fallout of Warcraft 3 on the setting and introducing new threats.

To assert that all there was to the game was PvP is disingenuous at best. Even Battle for Azeroth is confirmed to have a greater metaplot than the faction war that will never have any decisive conclusion or any meaningful progression to its story, because the faction war is the single weakest aspect of the franchise's metaplot ever since the MMO enforced a static status quo on the factions.
    dude, its called world of warcraft for a reason, and that reason isnt about downing the last boss of the game. the game was literally never about pve and all about pvp, maybe you arent skilled or havent got the balls to play on one. getting ganked and ganking them back was what this game so memorable for many, it wasnt running around questing peacefully and getting to max level without some kind of jerk in the road.

Maybe that's your style and how you prefer the game but that isnt the true vanilla world of warcraft experience, the true world of warcraft experience was getting ganked multiple times while trying to level your character to the point of rage and coming out stronger than your enemy at the end of it all, isnt that what was is about ?..
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-11-09 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude, its called world of warcraft for a reason, and that reason isnt about downing the last boss of the game. the game was literally never about pve and all about pvp, maybe you arent skilled or havent got the balls to play on one.
    You're delusional. The game was designed from the ground up around PvE, PvP wasn't added until late in beta and PvP rewards until near the end of the Vanilla patch cycle. It's the World of Warcraft, not Battlegrounds of PvPcraft. PvP and PvE coexisted to give MMO players a storied and immersive world. Dismissing PvE out of hand just because you preferred to gank and do BGs doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of Vanilla development went to PvE quest lines, dungeons, and raid content.

And with that, I bid you adieu. I'll have fun cooperating with my friends to save the world from the Firelord while you go fight over a crappy, war-torn scrap of forest nobody but the orcs and night elves care about.

Deleted
    You're delusional. The game was designed from the ground up around PvE, PvP wasn't added until late in beta and PvP rewards until near the end of the Vanilla patch cycle. It's the World of Warcraft, not Battlegrounds of PvPcraft. PvP and PvE coexisted to give MMO players a storied and immersive world. Dismissing PvE out of hand just because you preferred to gank and do BGs doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of Vanilla development went to PvE quest lines, dungeons, and raid content.

And with that, I bid you adieu. I'll have fun cooperating with my friends to save the world from the Firelord while you go fight over a crappy, war-torn scrap of forest nobody but the orcs and night elves care about.
    well if your going to play vanilla wow, play it the way it was intended and play on a pvp server. pve servers where never meant to be a thing so carebares couldnt live a happy life like they all do today on pve servers and simply avoid all ganks by not flagging themselfs unless they had superioir gear or levels, all servers where suppost to be pvp servers orginally. so think yourself lucky that you have that choice. and if you dont like that well im afraid u should deal with it, because thats what vanilla wow was, a brutal, tiring and often frustrating experience, but in the end of it all it was some achivement to reach max level, and that was just the start.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-11-09 at 03:38 AM.