Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AQ War Effort at launch?

Someone mentioned this in another post, but I think this warrants specific discussion. When Classic comes out, should it release ALL content up through NAXX at launch?

Would it be weird to be able to start the AQ war effort right away? That would create a MASSIVE race to level and get geared enough to do all that stuff and ring the gong ... doesn't seem like something Blizz would want.

Do you think it'd be better to release with just MC, BWL and Onyx for a while, and when enough people finish those, THEN start the war effort and AQ?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Would it be weird to be able to start the AQ war effort right away? That would create a MASSIVE race to level and get geared enough to do all that stuff and ring the gong ... doesn't seem like something Blizz would want.
    How is this different though than say starting at the very beginning and people saving up banks full of the mats since we already know what is required.

That's part of the problem Classic realms will face. You can't have that feel because of things we already know. AQ War Efforts while a nice event in it's time will be significantly easier this time around because we can save all the mats while playing naturally. So the event will still watered down and there's now way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How is this different though than say starting at the very beginning and people saving up banks full of the mats since we already know what is required.

That's part of the problem Classic realms will face. You can't have that feel because of things we already know. AQ War Efforts while a nice event in it's time will be significantly easier this time around because we can save all the mats while playing naturally. So the event will still watered down and there's now way around it.
    Good luck storing 3 million and 327 thousand items.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Plus a TON of that cloth is also needed for rep grinds, if people want other race's mounts.

All I got to say is don't underestimate people. Some will make bank alts filled with 16 slot bags and store as much as they can.

Honestly I don't see the point in trying to min-max in WoW classic
    A big part of the enjoyment of the game for me is that I can take it slow and in a non-competitive way really.

Unlike current WoW,in vanilla it feels good to play casually

All I got to say is don't underestimate people. Some will make bank alts filled with 16 slot bags and store as much as they can.
    I don't think you fully appreciate the expenditure of what you are proposing.

I don't think you fully appreciate the expenditure of what you are proposing.
    On the other hand, I'd LOVE to be a gatherer/first aid guy if there was someone trying to stock up on those things at release.

Plus a TON of that cloth is also needed for rep grinds, if people want other race's mounts.
    Were cloth turn-ins even in Vanilla? I thought they were added later..

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Were cloth turn-ins even in Vanilla? I thought they were added later..
    wowhead says they were Added in patch 1.11.1.10772

A lot easier then starting at zero.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

wowhead says they were Added in patch 1.11.1.10772
    Wowhead says everything classic was added in 1.11. Like tunderfury... sulfuron...

Even milk was added in 1.11 http://www.wowhead.com/item=1179/ice-cold-milk

Wowhead says everything classic was added in 1.11. Like tunderfury... sulfuron...

Even milk was added in 1.11 http://www.wowhead.com/item=1179/ice-cold-milk
    That's weird. Did they just not have data from before 1.11? Does that mean that the item was added sometime between 1.0 and 1.11? or does it mean the "added in patch" info is completely wrong, and could be 2.x or 3.x or whatever?

This is what i think will happen:

The game base will be 1.12 patch plus some bug fix so that can make the patch 1.12+.
    The timelines for the rest is release in progress. MC and Onyxia firts

Wowhead launching in 1.11 displays everything as added when it was added to the wowhead database, not when it was added to wow.

A bit more on topic. No, the event should start some time after BWL is cleared. After Zul'Gurub in fact.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2017-11-09 at 02:00 AM.

Deleted
    To progress throu the patches is part of the vanilla experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will still be expedited to some extent if players stockpile as they level; most players doing cloth turnins are going to focus on Runecloth since they can farm it while working on farming for their endgame stuff like recipes and potions/flasks/food and Argent Dawn rep for Naxx attunement/recipes. It won't be, say, a thing where everyone just zergs the quartermasters on day one and the gates open on day 2 or whatever, but it will take significantly less times since (unless changes are made to drop rates and spawn rates) you can probably go online and find out exactly where the most efficient places to farm the war effort turnins are in a matter of minutes.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

5+ Year Old Account
    There were so many cool quest chains in Vanilla. Lady Prestor, AQ, Naxx, not to mention the ones while leveling up. Plus...twinks!

Cant imagine they will do this. Would be mayhem and ruin the experience.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Cloth only stacked to 20 back then, a full guild bank with 18 slot bags would be 4440 cloth. Plus 1760 the char itself could hold = a drop in the bucket ;-)