Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ignoring the cinematic completely, I would have to say yes.

The cinematic and yes I know it's only 1 moment but it shows that she can inspire the Horde and they will fight for her, so I guess thats 1 part of leadership she has down. Now I look forward to seeing her character develop more and more.

Anduin however just doesn't feel ready for the Alliance throne, but I think that's the hook they want on that side of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordolf View Post
    It's ridiculous. They made a 180° turn with her character in Legion. Before that it was even questioned if she cares about her own people or if she just uses them as a means to an end. Now she's all "For the Horde" 'n' stuff. Give me a break.
    I'm hoping in Before the Storm we get a coherent narrative about how she's begun to include the Horde as a whole as part of her ambitions.

I'd also love to see confirmation from Vol'loa'jin that part of the pressure / decision to make Sylv warchief was to entangle her in the heart of the Horde and make her care about something because she is a very potent military leader when she wants to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordolf View Post
    It's ridiculous. They made a 180° turn with her character in Legion. Before that it was even questioned if she cares about her own people or if she just uses them as a means to an end. Now she's all "For the Horde" 'n' stuff. Give me a break.
    We barely saw her in Legion, what are you talking about?

In the cinematic she's all "For the Horde!" but what did you expect?
    The Alliance is at her doorstep, of course she has to cater to her people, but also her faction, otherwise all she has would be destroyed in seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Ignoring the cinematic completely, I would have to say yes.

The cinematic and yes I know it's only 1 moment but it shows that she can inspire the Horde and they will fight for her, so I guess thats 1 part of leadership she has down. Now I look forward to seeing her character develop more and more.

Anduin however just doesn't feel ready for the Alliance throne, but I think that's the hook they want on that side of the table.
    At the end of the day it's hard to make non-warrior ish hero class look big, badass and inspiring.
    People call Anduin a wimp etc., but honestly he's a Priest and he has been preferring peace all throughout his growth - Look at MoP etc.
    It's kinda obvious he can't just pick up his dad's sword(s) and start destroying everybody.
    In the history of WoW most weapons weren't strong, it was due to the wielder (expect some artifacts obv)

Same with Sylvanas, she's "just" an archer, not a melee beast like Garrosh, Thrall, Arthas or Varian etc.

@OP

Weak? lol. Weak is the one thing you can't attribute to Sylvannas. Did you not see the banshee smoke monster cinematic. She was the most powerful player on that battlefield for sure.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, I take the matter of removing her from that position very seriously

she doesn't give a shit about the horde, and incompetent at best

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    @OP

Weak? lol. Weak is the one thing you can't attribute to Sylvannas. Did you not see the banshee smoke monster cinematic. She was the most powerful player on that battlefield for sure.
    every banshee in WC3 does that, call me impressed, not

7+ Year Old Account
    aiko
    I think she's great as the Forsaken leader, but agree that she doesn't seem like much of a Warchief for the Horde.

She receives constant character development though so we'll see where she goes.
    ^this

She isn't evil nor bad, she is just self-sufficient, selfish, cunning, tactical, intelligent, she controls herself completely (starting with emotions and ending with decisions), she isn't crazy or unnaturally emotional, even when angry on enemy or during battle, seems that she plays with him. Her life was very shabby, very broke and therefore she isn't trusts in cases anymore, she is for action not for cheap/heroic talking. This is very interesting and relevant image. But...

- this cry: "For the Horde!" - absolutely doesn't fit her, she was just pushed it into the mouth by developers. It's like trying to make a battle general from a secret agent, whether she'll be good - maybe, but whether she needs it and interested in this, I doubt it very much. As a leader of Forsaken race she shows herself perfectly well, how a character with certain functional capabilities (can even sometimes play good as part of the team) in fraction she also behaves very well ...but as a leader of the Horde - no. The Horde isn't interesting to her, if only as means to reach some goals.

I would compare it with 2 different images of one video-universe - Mystique. Mystique of the first three movies (and comics too) - this is just Sylvanas from previous (Rebecca Romijn as an actress fit great). Jennifer Lawrence is good and beautiful actress, but she has completely different type, both appearance and acting, so no matter what she would do, but she is completely different kind of Mystique. Perhaps another actress (may be Rachael Taylor/Margot Robbie is very look alike) with more sane plot would look much more adequate.

ps. Yes, my main was Forsaken years ago. Now I'm just not playing anymore and obviously, khm... - For the Dark Lady!

...kind of continuation here.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-09-28 at 05:43 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Saurfang looks 100% like a Warchief, the title is weird on Sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Saurfang looks 100% like a Warchief, the title is weird on Sylvanas
    yeah a warchief who was about to give up in the cinematic (ignoring the cinematic I agree with you)

Anduin and Velen are the Light's chosen one, Tyrande is Elune's chosen one and Malfurion is the druid chosen one, Magni is Azeroth's chosen one, Khadgar and jaina are most powerful mages, etc etc. What does the Horde have? Thrall was shaman chosen one, but he lost all his powers and is a huge pussy now. Blizzard has had huge mega boners for the Alliance recently.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Blizzard has had huge mega boners for the Alliance recently.
    incoming comments about horde and orcs the last expanions in 3...2...1...

Sylvanas does not strike me as a leader.

She is more like the current boss of a gang.

You know, the type that views his gang as an expendable tool instead of a society to whom he should be loyal.

Also she kinda lost her purpose since arthas died... all she does now is try to avoid dying cause that is dark and bad, mkay?

Quote Originally Posted by wowandchill View Post
    she seems so weak and uninspiring compared to anduin. .
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahha

I don't mind her as leader of forsaken, but I do mind her as leader of the Horde. What they did with Vol'Jin just to replace him with her was a clownery. When we finally had a leader that was was fully representing what Horde is about we were given fanservice queen : /

The difference was that, Sylvanas was already well established character, Vol'Jin barely started to shine. What devs did was a a rip off.

I'm still very angry over how it was handled, and therefore I can't enjoy watching Sylvanas getting her lore at expense of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    @OP

And not that random troll shaman? He made small earthquaque, he zapped Greymane and later was spamming lightning bolts.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-11-09 at 03:40 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    She seems so weak and uninspiring compared to Anduin.
    This has to be a joke right... Anduin? Really?

Deleted
    For the longest time, she was motivated by hatred for Arthas for what he did to her. Then once he was defeated, Greymane became the enemy.
    She's always thought about herself first and foremost and then also, the Forsaken second. Way down that list of priorities for her is the Horde.

Now the cinematic tells the story. She's cornered and she's the most hostile faction leader on the Horde's side at this point. She sees other horde races on the ground being slaughtered and decides that enough is enough and she's going to take the fight to the Alliance. She destroys a big siege weapon and she turns to all the Horde races and issues the rallying cry, which the other Horde races respond to.

She's no longer thinking just about herself or the Forsaken but she's taken control of the Horde which to me is exactly what the Horde Leader should do.

I feel like she, like Lor'themar, is a good faction leader, but I question her loyalties somewhat to the horde as a whole. But we're running out of candidates, dangit. Might as well pick a warchief who is very, very difficult to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It's supposed to feel weird and out of place, Vol'jin made that clear, but he also passed the torch to her for a reason. She's growing into the role and will probably do some badass gamechanging shit before the end.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2017-11-09 at 06:01 PM.

She seems so weak and uninspiring compared to Anduin. The Horde needs a real leader like Thrall or Garrosh.
    The Forsaken have been half working against the horde for their own ends all the way back to Classic WoW and the Pools of Vision in Thunder Bluff. So unfortunately having them and Sylvanas in charge is not something that feels realistic to me. Though Sylvanas has got a lot of Horde pride recently from god knows where.

She seems so weak and uninspiring compared to Anduin. The Horde needs a real leader like Thrall or Garrosh.
    You mean a Banshee queens who make stuff explode by shooting arrows at them, turns into a ghosts and destroys the souls of soldiers from the inside looks weaker than a kid who cries when staring at lights?

LOLULELAWL

She shouted "For the whore!" in the cinematic. Nope