Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Looq View Post
    I think it will be fine to have some 'pvp specs' and 'pve specs.' I think that was part of the allure of Vanilla. You can't play any character the way you want and expect them to excel and some are a lot better in certain areas than others. These were days of the 'hybrid tax' where hybrid classes had a lower dps ceiling than pure classes. However, the encounters(up to Naxx) were a lot more forgiving than they are today. You would often mages, warlocks, and healers wanding at the boss because they ran out of mana. So I think that will leave room for less potent specs(Kins, Spriests, Ferals, Rets, etc) to have spots in the 40 man raids to dps and support the raid as they were designed to do.
    i love how you made example of mages and locks runing out of mana but have absolutely no clue that spriest will run out of mana waaaaaaaaay before them and be wanding boss few minutes earlier

just precious

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    The only class thing I could see them doing is removing spell downranking.
    That would break the game lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

i think they should balance the classes and do away with a lot of the things that didnt make sense, like the 30 min flight paths and other stuff that didnt add or take away from the vanilla experience. no lfr or lfd though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I didn't say one shot I said in a split second because yeah its actually 3 spells landing all together (LB>CL>ES) with crits could easily gib most 60's who aren't either PvP geared or stacking stamina/defensive stats in some way.

I'm not pretending it wasn't a problem, I was saying the issue was player based. People didn't want to bring them because they were already failing left right and centre on encounters, so they only wanted the best possible. And there will still be a bunch of classic elitists who will want only the creme de la creme of output classes in their raid, and will only have one Enhance spot.

The only point I was making is that (and again, debuff limit notwithstanding as that is the real reason a lot of specs couldn't work) you could fill a raid having all of these underperforming classes as represented as the "proper ones" and clear all of the content.
    Pretty sure Lava Burst wasn't introduced until TBC?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i love how you made example of mages and locks runing out of mana but have absolutely no clue that spriest will run out of mana waaaaaaaaay before them and be wanding boss few minutes earlier

just precious
    Warlocks? Life tap?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Pretty sure Lava Burst wasn't introduced until TBC?
    I thought Lava Burst was even later tbh. There may be a different notation used for Lightning Bolt, but I thought LB would have been up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

just precious
    One more good reason to have only have one spriest in 40 man raid, rest priests being healbots.

As someone who specced survival hunter in Vanilla, I would have loved to have a viable talent tree lol

It would be, but then it's not a classic experience

And then it would not be classic at all.
    What is the point then? You might just as well play retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhoose View Post
    As someone who specced survival hunter in Vanilla, I would have loved to have a viable talent tree lol
    Survival was a valid spec to raid with. You got stupid amounts of agility from that tree. Unless of course you were one of the tards who tried to melee. 0-21-30 was the build.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Survival was a valid spec to raid with. You got stupid amounts of agility from that tree. Unless of course you were one of the tards who tried to melee. 0-21-30 was the build.
    I was something like that, I forget the exact build these days, I remeber having something like 60% crit. I was meaning Lacerate (which I didnt take) was probally the worst talent for any spec on any class.

How about NO? Do we want a classic vanilla or do we want the game of today without expansions? Jesus people, make up your mind!

But seriously, dont come raving that Vanilla WAS better if you gonna play a pimped version of it... because then you still never tried real VANILLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And then it would not be classic at all.
    What is the point then? You might just as well play retail.
    Not that I agree with OP but you would have to HEAVILY modify classic WoW to make it even close to the retail. Minor class balance tweaks wouldn't change the core gameplay of classic at all.

Also if you think minor class balance changes would make classic same as retail I think you do not know what classic WoW actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I mean I don't wanna play if rogues go around wouth no gear and grey daggers killing everybody again :S
    its called "git gud"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhoose View Post
    I was something like that, I forget the exact build these days, I remeber having something like 60% crit. I was meaning Lacerate (which I didnt take) was probally the worst talent for any spec on any class.
    So long as you were using your bow you were doing solid damage. If you were that idiot who thought he was going to melee you were not getting anywhere near an organized raid guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    its called "git gud"
    Well, to be fair a skilled Rogue with all cooldowns and the proper build could naked kill with grey daggers even good players. Rogue stunlocks were broken and eviscerate didn't take weapon damage into account as it was flat based on combo points. So two 5 combo point eviscerates could kill most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    So long as you were using your bow you were doing solid damage. If you were that idiot who thought he was going to melee you were not getting anywhere near an organized raid guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to be fair a skilled Rogue with all cooldowns and the proper build could naked kill with grey daggers even good players. Rogue stunlocks were broken and eviscerate didn't take weapon damage into account as it was flat based on combo points. So two 5 combo point eviscerates could kill most people.

Well, to be fair, people were crying about wanting vanilla servers, this is the vanilla experience.

Also, someone just watched world of roguecraft again, didnt they? - oh yes, they did! =D

inb4 the usual "Waah, i want vanilla, but i want it tuned for how I like it!" brigade storming in, with the excuses of balance and what not, just like they did back then, which turned the game into what it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Well, to be fair, people were crying about wanting vanilla servers, this is the vanilla experience.

Also, someone just watched world of roguecraft again, didnt they? - oh yes, they did! =D

inb4 the usual "Waah, i want vanilla, but i want it tuned for how I like it!" brigade storming in, with the excuses of balance and what not, just like they did back then, which turned the game into what it is now.
    Or I had a Rogue that had to test all that shit when the videos came out to prove to myself that the class was just imba and I wasn't some PVP god.

I'm fine with the balance issues of Vanilla. Being one of the people here in the subforum who doesn't want any changes that shift gameplay and I'm planning on rolling a Shaman so it's not because I'm going to play a god tier class. I know what I'm getting into. The only change I want is strict policing of the add-ons that automate shit so they don't work on the classic realm. I don't want people to build add-ons that invalidate the game completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post
    Not that I agree with OP but you would have to HEAVILY modify classic WoW to make it even close to the retail. Minor class balance tweaks wouldn't change the core gameplay of classic at all.

Also if you think minor class balance changes would make classic same as retail I think you do not know what classic WoW actually was.
    I know what it was. Played from beta to the TBC release. Making every spec viable would mean huge overhauls and redesigns.
    You would end up with something thats not even close to what vanilla was.

The statement, "You think you do but you don't" is looking more and more accurate. People do not what vanilla at all. They want some vanilla-Legion hybride. Not a fan of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I know what it was. Played from beta to the TBC release. Making every spec viable would mean huge overhauls and redesigns.
    You would end up with something thats not even close to what vanilla was.

The statement, "You think you do but you don't" is looking more and more accurate. People do not what vanilla at all. They want some vanilla-Legion hybride. Not a fan of that.
    I guess we will see how it will turn out in the end. Meanwhile I will personally remain on classic private server till they announce what they are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post
    I guess we will see how it will turn out in the end. Meanwhile I will personally remain on classic private server till they announce what they are going to do.
    Ah yeah, stealing others stuff, eh?
    You seem like a nice guy.