Thread: Demo

Demo

demo viable next raid to be good and actually aloud in heroic - mythic and mythic + or still are we in the DEMO is BAD generation?

Thanks

Demo is clunky and bad designed. And they have said 0 words about it on BfA so its hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demo is clunky and bad designed. And they have said 0 words about it on BfA so its hopeless.
    They didn't really have any words for any specific class changes from what I saw.

It will be strong on ST just like it is in ToS - But it won't be any stronger than Affliction.

Demo has to be one of the worst designed specs in the history of WoW.

If they tried to make a bad spec they wouldn't have made it as bad as demo...hahahaha.

This is the first expansion we haven't heard word of an overhaul for demo yet, but it's been said they don't like DE also it's been observed by some that the Blizzcon announcement content wise seemed dry/not finalized so perhaps they haven't taken that close a look at classes yet.

Armory^

Demo really bad man...... next raid will all be about movement and that's something Demo doesn't have. I'm not sure how they are gonna fix Demo in BfA, because unless they give some teleport or lots of instant cast spells, Demo will be a dead spec.

Deleted
    Not next teir as it requires some big changes.

That being said the bare bones of the spec are there and work, it just needs the DE mechanic looking at and changing to something less spammy and punishing with high movement.

Its all well and good that the devs say demo ST is its forte but it doesnt matter if a spec is the most powerful ST spec in the game but cannot deal with movement so just falls over, as we have seen with demo, it will be crap. In a world of no patchwerk bosses and high movement the spec has no future with its current iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Not next teir as it requires some big changes.

That being said the bare bones of the spec are there and work, it just needs the DE mechanic looking at and changing to something less spammy and punishing with high movement.

Its all well and good that the devs say demo ST is its forte but it doesnt matter if a spec is the most powerful ST spec in the game but cannot deal with movement so just falls over, as we have seen with demo, it will be crap. In a world of no patchwerk bosses and high movement the spec has no future with its current iteration.
    Exactly this. On paper demo dominates in ST but in reality it sucks big time because it's impossible to turret a boss the whole fight with the current boss designs.

Deleted
    It's one of the most poorly designed specs in the game, the gameplay mechanics tells you to do one thing while the spec mechanics tells you another. So far in Legion you can be assured that more or less 9 out of 10 boss encounters have mechanics punished the player and your group if you stand still the entire fight.

Yet lo and behold, the Demonology spec even tells you not to move, stand absolutely still and if you move, you are activity punished by having your 26 second build up rotation ruined and as a result overall lower dps than destruction or Affliction durning boss encounters.

Not to mention that you have somewhere in between 8 and sometimes 9 cooldown abilities to keep track on if you are going for the meta specs, that are a active part of your rotation.

It might be explained that Demonology was designed in the late WOD era, when bosses were unlike today were more about visual representation, and 6 out of 10 boss encounters~ish required you to move atleast once durning a boss encounter, and then you could stand still without any penalty.

all warlocks specs are just awful design wise..

where is my cata affliction? where is my mop demo?..

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    This is the first expansion we haven't heard word of an overhaul for demo yet
    You know that's a good point. I'd wager demo is one of the most changed specs in the history of the game. It's so different from what it used to be, who knows what form it will take in the future?

#bringbackmoltencore
    #soulfireofmyheart

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Demo has to be one of the worst designed specs in the history of WoW.

If they tried to make a bad spec they wouldn't have made it as bad as demo...hahahaha.
    Agreed. I would love to tell whoever came up with Demonic empowerment where they can put it. I hate what they did with Demo. All to make DH's shine. You could not make a worst spec if you tried. It takes real genius, truly.

I would destroy my artifact if I could. Now that would be a selfie that would be worth remembering. You cannot even Transmog the stupid thing.
    Last edited by Abraxas79; 2017-11-14 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    all warlocks specs are just awful design wise..

where is my cata affliction? where is my mop demo?..
    I didn't enjoy demo in MoP until i was able to get my heroic Unerring vision trinket. Even then the proc rate on that was soooooooo bad. I had a stop cast macro set up to get dooms out quick for procs lol. Was great on council fights when you had a good proc streak going an dhad an army of imps out blasting the mobs.

Now when the procs were few and far between it was meh at best 8(