Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Dual spec is a must for classic.

This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.

I'd be fine with that, just to encourage more people to play tanks and healers, knowing that when the massive mats farming time comes, they could swap to dps spec and actually be able to do it like others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

wouldnt be vanilla then would it

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, wasn't dual-speccing introduced in Wrath?

If so, it wouldn't be Classic. So nope! No Dual-specs for you!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    think of it like Vanilla with a little chocolate syrup on top

Nope. They wont. You all begged and begged for "Vanilla", so Vanilla you will get. It will be clunky and not player or spec friendly, just as it was. Being unable to play what spec you liked, not having gold, not being able to purchase a mount/riding skill was part of the experience.
    Vanilla was/is not what everyone so fondly remembers, it was very difficult to do things due to the tremendous time investment.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Maintaining two sets and spending hundreds of gold on respec costs were just a part of Vanilla... which is why no one did it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Wouldn't be Vanilla

Pain and suffering is a part of the nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I played vanilla when strat scholo and brd were ten man's, and ubrs was 15 man, i raided like that for a long time, is vanilla no longer vanilla if it makes those 5 man like it did later on forcing our guilds community to go through major issues? Or is it vanilla when it's 10 man? Which one is authentically more vanilla? This argument is so arbitrary and about muh feels it really blows away any comprehension on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Pain and suffering is a part of the nostalgia.
    Loot a blood of the heroes then, there's pain and suffering, and straight exclusion, so you want to Larp or have an actual player base you can retain?

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    I played vanilla when strat scholo and brd were ten man's, and ubrs was 15 man, i raided like that for a long time, is vanilla no longer vanilla if it makes those 5 man like it did later on forcing our guilds community to go through major issues? Or is it vanilla when it's 10 man? Which one is authentically more vanilla? This argument is so arbitrary and about muh feels it really blows away any comprehension on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot a blood of the heroes then, there's pain and suffering, and straight exclusion, so you want to Larp or have an actual player base you can retain?
    Sorry, i was being sarcastic. Although, there are some people that honestly believe that.

7+ Year Old Account
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.

lmfao do you want classic or patch 3.1

I'm torn on issues like this. They could easily get rid of a lot of vanilla's horrible points and just make a few QoL changes to improve it immensely. But, as people say.. then it wouldn't be vanilla.

I'm not talking about casualizing it, but things like this, dead/useless specs, and so forth.

They'll keep it the way vanilla was, though. If its not popular because of things like this, I can definitely see Blizzard devs saying well.. we told you so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Oh man... i cannot WAIT for Blood of Heroes. /cackles

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    Vanilla wow was much more a community and mindset than actual game. No one is saying make the grinds easier. Vanilla was all about the grind, but why make people virtually unable to play in the game?

Deleted
    no its not and now fuck off with your retarded opinions

go play nu-wow if you want all that garbage that made wow as bad as it is today

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Those dungeons became 5mans while the game was still Vanilla, dual spec did not come out in vanilla (or even BC). Completely different subjects on what should be in wow classic. Those dungeons' difficulties are up for discussion just like it's up for discussion what vanilla patch classic should start on, but dual spec should not be included at all because it was not a vanilla feature.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It's entirely "yuh feels" that wants dual spec. Or any other idiotic change to VANILLA. Cry to Blizz for Wrath legacy servers (and subsequently Legion era additions to that most likely) if that's truly what you want. Leave vanilla alone.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't in vanilla then it shouldn't be in classic.