Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

SPOILER: Genn Greymane in BFA

Since no one has posted this so far, for those of you who have the virtual ticket: Jeremy Feasel let slip a little tidbit in the Gameplay and Systems Deep dive video:

At about 12:38 he mentions an example of a group of trolls that the Alliance will face off against in the new scenarios who are out for vengeance for Vol'jin however, more interestingly for the Horde, there could be a group of worgen called "The Wolfpack" who are out for vengeance for Greymane!

Keep in mind that the context of his demonstration is about flavor RP and AI for those NPCs.

He tweeted something out directly responding to that. Greymane's not dead yet, if that's what you were getting at.
    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/926816993319141376

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah so Greymane Jr? Well played Muffinus, well played indeed.

or is it?

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't mean Genn dies. "Vengeance for Greymane" could literally just mean they were sent there by Greymane to get vengeance something we know he's kinda obsessed with right now. Ever since he lost Gilneas, his son, then the broken shore with Varian, then his little fight with Sylvanas in Stormheim and now he seems to be the main guy leading the battle for Lordaeron.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 01:59 AM.

Good God I hope genn gets killed. Horde is on it's 4th warchief, and we're down Cairne as well. Meanwhile alliance has lost....Varian.

Time to even the scales IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Good God I hope genn gets killed. Horde is on it's 4th warchief, and we're down Cairne as well. Meanwhile alliance has lost....Varian.

Story doesn't have to be fair, and it extends beyond just WoW. How many heroes did we lose WC1-3? A lot.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account

What the Horde loses in characters it makes up for in Alliance zones invaded/destroyed.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Is Genn in the embassy with the rest of the leaders? If yes, then he doesn't die.
    Yes, Genn is there. But, Islands are something that you'll be doing at 120, if the Wolfpack is out for vengeance for Greymane then that means his death can happen any time between 110 and 120. The Embassy is there for recruiting the allied races and where they start when created, and since it's rumored that Nightborne, Void Elves, Lightforged and Highmountain will become available before BfA, it's likely that the phase of the Embassy that Red Shirt Guy saw was the one that happens before they go for Lordaeron or any other 110-120 content in which Greymane could/will die.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Well we're technically on our 3rd King if you count Bolvar. We also lost Magni, sort of...
    Yeah, and Vol'jin is only kinda gone as well. Apparently his spirit will be in BFA.

Also, Bolvar technically isn't dead. Just no longer Alliance. lol. I wonder how he'd react to Varian's death and Anduin all grown up.

It's actually kinda even.

Horde lost Cairne, Saurfang's son and Garrosh. Alliance lost Varian, Greymane's son & Bolvar (Well, he's no longer Alliance)
    Voljin & Magni are both kinda half gone
    Sylvanas & Anduin now in charge

I'm not even sure if Thrall even counts in this because even though he's no longer Warchief, he's technically still in the Horde.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 03:45 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd really love to see a lot of things with characters that died/left before their time. I'd also love to see Magni reacting to Moira and the council etc. Maybe one day x_x
    Same. it's sad that some characters died before WoW got good at telling stories and had a ton of in-game cinematics. Cairne for example missed out on a lot. It's crazy how Blizzard is so willing to kill characters now (which I'm fine with btw) but I remember when Cairne died it was like the first big death of WoW other than Arthas. It was a huge thing within the community that one of the Alliance/Horde leaders actually died. People couldn't believe it.

Also, I added extra to my last post.

Well we're technically on our 3rd King if you count Bolvar. We also lost Magni, sort of...

Yeah..uh...Bolvar is still a king. XD

I dunno man the Horde already have most of the control in Lordaeron, the Alliance really only have Ashenvale, a bit of Feralas/Felwood and what remains of Darkshore. Alliance is deffo getting a lot more out of new land. Especially since the Horde burned down the biggest prize of all: Teldrassil
    Do we know for certain that it was the Horde that did it? I thought that wasn't confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh especially with Legion it felt like they were trying to be shock people by culling a lot of major characters like Game of Thrones always does (I've actually seen a lot of people say this aswell) But it just seems pointless to get rid of someone like Vol'jin who had no development at all as warchief.

And yeah, Cairne dying was pretty sad but it was hardly emphasised in the game that a lot of people didn't even realise =/

But you're right about it being even, both sides have lost a lot and have an equal amount of pain because of it. I just hope this expansion isn't all about Sylvanas and they bring Baine and Lor'themar to the front. Those two are brilliant
    I think if they don't do it now Lor'themar is never gonna get anything. I worry it may already be too late since Void Elves are technically Blood Elves and Alleria just swooped in and stole all of the spotlight. lol. So if they ever do like a big blood elf/void elf story it will probably focus on Alleria before Lor'themar every single time.

Baine has potential though and without Vol'jin there really isn't a race leader character in the Horde to question all of Sylvanas' weird decisions these days. Maybe that person now can be Baine. That is unless Thrall swoops in and steals the spotlight as he usually does even though he abandoned the Horde when they needed him the most and he technically doesn't even lead the Orcs anymore.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 04:13 AM.

Tbh especially with Legion it felt like they were trying to be shock people by culling a lot of major characters like Game of Thrones always does (I've actually seen a lot of people say this aswell) But it just seems pointless to get rid of someone like Vol'jin who had no development at all as warchief.

And yeah, Cairne dying was pretty sad but it was hardly emphasised in the game that a lot of people didn't even realise =/

But you're right about it being even, both sides have lost a lot and have an equal amount of pain because of it. I just hope this expansion isn't all about Sylvanas and they bring Baine and Lor'themar to the front. Those two are brilliant
    Given the trailer for BfA I suspect that the conflict and contrast between Anduin and Sylvanus is going to be the centerpiece of the story. But there's no reason for them to not also develop the other faction leaders. LOL'themar, Baine, Saurfang(Gallywix doesn't count). Genn, Mekkatorque, any of the dwarf council. Etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Damn Bolvar....I mean we don't know YET but since Sylvanas is there before it's burned and after I think people are just basing it on that. I hope there's something else in this story though I don't think she's that much of a monster

Well Varok Saurfang is kind of the one who will jump on Sylvanas if she slips up, she already knows it aswell from the first chapter of the new book. I can't see Baine or Lor'themar supporting her doing anything radical, even for Teldrassil so unless there's a fracturing way early in the expansion there has to be something else behind Teldrassil. Personally, Thrall can stay away if he wants to, i'd totally be okay with that.

In terms of Genn though I doubt they'd kill him off this early. I think if anyones to kill Sylvanas it would be him.
    Saurfang is a good dude, but at the end of the day he still is an Orc, He still has a mean streak. I think he'd probably find more in common with Sylvanas than Baine for example. That said, if she does anything too crazy he probably would call her out on it. Also, it's worth noting that Baine does have a new model in BFA so maybe there is something big planned for him.

And speaking of Bolvar. Holy fuck. What if they killed Sylvanas at the end of BFA and Bolvar joins the Horde finally bringing the Scourge and Forsaken together? It's a stretch but then Horde and Alliance would pretty much be equal in numbers. I think Nathanos would be more likely to take over than Bolvar especially with his new model but this is Blizzard and they aren't against fan service and it would take a lot to replace Sylvanas.

Given the trailer for BfA I suspect that the conflict and contrast between Anduin and Sylvanus is going to be the centerpiece of the story. But there's no reason for them to not also develop the other faction leaders. LOL'themar, Baine, Saurfang(Gallywix doesn't count). Genn, Mekkatorque, any of the dwarf council. Etc.
    It is interesting because potentially all of the main characters this expansion could be our Alliance/Horde leaders because we aren't going to forgotten lands or different planets this expansion. We aren't even doing order halls. No neutral characters like Illidan & Khadgar. We are home in the middle of a war that has all of our people together and even some of the characters that were neutral in Legion have decided to join either Horde or Alliance and are now leaders. I see a lot of people upset that this story is similar to MoP with the war but MoP wasn't very good at telling that story. I think it did a pretty good job at telling the story of Pandaria but it did a bad job at telling the "war" side of that story. It wasn't really until WoD and especially Legion did they get great at telling character based stories (WoD's story itself was questionable but they did a good job at delivering it) so I'm actually pretty pumped to see what they do.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 04:43 AM.

In terms of Genn though I doubt they'd kill him off this early. I think if anyones to kill Sylvanas it would be him.
    If they let Genn actually kill Sylvanus, entire swaths of Horde players would riot. Not only is the idea of losing ANOTHER Warchief ridiculous, but we've already seen that Genn can't take her in a fight (as seen in the stormheim trailer), and She appears to have only gotten stronger since then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tess is dead prior Lordaeron sack

- - - Updated - - -

If they let Genn actually kill Sylvanus, entire swaths of Horde players would riot. Not only is the idea of losing ANOTHER Warchief ridiculous, but we've already seen that Genn can't take her in a fight (as seen in the stormheim trailer), and She appears to have only gotten stronger since then.
    If you really think Genn can't handle Sylvanas in 1v1 scenario poor you. Guy kicked Saurfang and in Storheim he WOULD kick her ass if he was not aiming for lantern...

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Story doesn't have to be fair, and it extends beyond just WoW. How many heroes did we lose WC1-3? A lot.
    +1.
    We don't need balance in a fiction (fantasy) story, it gets boring!!
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2017-11-10 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Yeah, and Vol'jin is only kinda gone as well. Apparently his spirit will be in BFA.

Also, Bolvar technically isn't dead. Just no longer Alliance. lol. I wonder how he'd react to Varian's death and Anduin all grown up.

It's actually kinda even.

Horde lost Cairne, Saurfang's son and Garrosh. Alliance lost Varian, Greymane's son & Bolvar (Well, he's no longer Alliance)
    Voljin & Magni are both kinda half gone
    Sylvanas & Anduin now in charge

I'm not even sure if Thrall even counts in this because even though he's no longer Warchief, he's technically still in the Horde.
    Not to mention all heroes who were Alliance and went Neutral for w/e reasons ...

There are too many characters as is, and in actuality, a lot of them should have been killed off a long time ago... cough... cough... Sylvanas, Thrall, Tyrande, Malfurion, etc.

Deleted
    I would be very dissapointed if Genn dies. The worgen have been without a good leader for so long and Genn fits the role as counciler for Anduin. I would feel the same about killing Sylvanas. As much as I dislike her as a character, she is finally starting to get some airtime and has potential, like Genn, for good storywriting.