Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Let me guess, they’re Alliance too?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Actually, we've no idea how many Void Elves there are. I doubt they're much more numerous than Darkspear Trolls, Gnomes and yes, even the surviving pure High Elves, myself. But since Void Elves turned out to be Blood Elves that turned to the void, got kicked out and rejoined the Alliance, Blizzard can actually pick for themselves what portion of the Blood Elf population actually made up that group. Is it a meager 5%? 10%? Even 30%? Unlikely, but they can fully asspull from that pool.
    If Alleria is the only person who can train them. I doubt the numbers of these void elves would be hundreds or thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Let me guess, they’re Alliance too?
    No

Actually, we've no idea how many Void Elves there are. I doubt they're much more numerous than Darkspear Trolls, Gnomes and yes, even the surviving pure High Elves, myself. But since Void Elves turned out to be Blood Elves that turned to the void, got kicked out and rejoined the Alliance, Blizzard can actually pick for themselves what portion of the Blood Elf population actually made up that group. Is it a meager 5%? 10%? Even 30%? Unlikely, but they can fully asspull from that pool.
    I don't think any large amount would be believable. Void magic isn't that common in Azeroth, it's mostly groups like the Twilight Hammer who tap into it, they'd have to establish a city or a region in which everyone followed a leader who taught them how to manipulate the void, and that's exactly what they don't want to do with Allied races, because that's essentially a starting zone.

Instead, they'll say it was a small group who gathered in the alleys and sewers of Silvermoon to practice their magic and got kicked out. I'd estimate their population in the hundreds. Which is kind of ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The only thing better than shitpost is salty shitpost. Well done OP.

I got high blood pressure from this post. Read in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    If Alleria is the only person who can train them. I doubt the numbers of these void elves would be hundreds or thousands.

No
    Alleria didn't train them. They used the void, got kicked out, now Alleria seems to mentor them.

Just introduce the Mag'har as an allied race and make them straight backed. Done.
    RETH

Didn't they already confirm straight back orcs are happening? It will be a toggle kind of thing. You don't need any lore to justify it. Thrall, Garrosh, new Saurfang, they all have straight backs.

Swap their skin with a red tone, some spikes from their backs, red eyes and I'm going to start a new main.

Alleria didn't train them. They used the void, got kicked out, now Alleria seems to mentor them.
    If Alleria is the only person who can mentor them. I doubt the numbers of these void elves would be hundreds or thousands.

I don't get why you would have to introduce a new allied race to justify straight back orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Didn't they already confirm straight back orcs are happening? It will be a toggle kind of thing. You don't need any lore to justify it. Thrall, Garrosh, new Saurfang, they all have straight backs.
    This is your solution. It's already done. Just has to be patched now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    I don't get why you would have to introduce a new allied race to justify straight back orcs.

This is your solution. It's already done. Just has to be patched now.
    It was satire. Andromedes is upset because he wanted High Elves as an Alliance allied race, but since Blizzard thought them too boring to stand on their own, they made Void Elves out of them to make them more unique.

So he's saying: "Okay, then just having straight back Orcs is also not unique enough. They must have special features to set them apart from regular Orcs."

so you guys arent satisfied with my cool idea? shame on you for not liking it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Orcs with a straight back are really stupid
    No the opposite applies, almost every piece of artwork show a upright Orc, every CGI cinematic show this as well, even the damn movie does. I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking making them hunched in the first place.

It was satire. Andromedes is upset because he wanted High Elves as an Alliance allied race, but since Blizzard thought them too boring to stand on their own, they made Void Elves out of them to make them more unique.

So he's saying: "Okay, then just having straight back Orcs is also not unique enough. They must have special features to set them apart from regular Orcs."
    It's not really a equivalent situation, straight back Orcs is not a new playable race, it's just a added customization to the current Orc race. If anything the ability to make them straight backed as opposed to hunched makes them more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post

It's not really a equivalent situation, straight back Orcs is not a new playable race, it's just a added customization to the current Orc race. If anything the ability to make them straight backed as opposed to hunched makes them more unique.
    i made void dwarf thread as mirrored situation of void elves.. this thread in only to show horde players, what does it mean getting what you wanted, but in the different way.. and you should be happy, that blizzard finally made your wish the reality

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Void elves are just a retarded idea. I dont really care that they were chosen in place of high elves (I wouldn't have played one anyway), but the pretext for their existence is paper-thin and it's just a slap in the face to anyone that did want high elves. If they can give draenei sparkly runes and call that enough of a difference for a new playable race, then swapping the eye colour of blood elves from green to blue is also enough of a difference.

Aren't void elves more of a class than a race anyway? I dont understand where these things have come from and why they were a preferable choice to any number of alternatives, whether it be high elves or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar Amerei View Post
    Zandalari will use a modified jungle troll skeleton, made with a straight back.
    Not at this point in the demo (that we've seen), nor during ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hunched player orcs are based on peons, they should be straight by default, we're heroes not zug zug workers

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar Amerei View Post
    Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

S: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor
    I know. Just saying what I've seen. During ToT, they used the nelf rig (with custom standing, walking and running animation), now in the BfA demo, it looks like it's the HD nelf rig with those very same custom standing, walking and running animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Blizzard's favorite game. Corrupt a wish.

We want more options for our appearance.

Ok you get a new race which is just a reskin!
    People have been wanting sub races forever.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.