Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Sylvanas' goal? What does she want?

Does she want to burn down Stormwind? Enslave the human race to keep her own alive? Or does she want to conquer and rule? What's her goal? What do you think? Will she settle into her role as leader of more than her own people and do you think she'll be any good at it?

Also, please enjoy my best-case-scenario art up above.

guess we have to wait till may for the book to release

5+ Year Old Account
    I think she wants to be left alone. Everything she's done has been about pushing people away, trying to protect her people, or trying to rebuild her people.

If she had the option, she'd take over Orgrimmar, order everyone to go be farmers, and hide away from the world in the throneroom. But she doesn't have that option while Genn is hunting her down, intent on killing her whatever it takes. So she's got to take him out, and anyone else who would chase her to the ends of the world for Vengeance or Violence.

Once that's done? She was the Ranger-General of Silvermoon, she became the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken. She's got the experience and the background to maintain the Horde, even expand it. So long as the Orcs don't get too antsy for a war (Which she can probably manage with things like Arena Battles or big hard-hitting sports like Football or Handegg) she shouldn't have too much of a problem. We've seen in the prologue she knows not to show favoritism, so... that issue is gone.

Honestly, after BfA I could totally see her and Anduin signing a peace treaty. Anduin, because for all the fighting he does he wants peace, lasting peace, with the Horde. Sylvanas just to get everyone off her ass so she can go sulk in a corner.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She wants immortality. And if she can't get it through the Val'kyr, she'll get it through killing and converting everyone who opposes her.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

She wants to get laid and have children.

Deleted
    been made pretty clear what she wants, she want to live, and be immortal and never die. that is her one goal, and everything else is nothing for her, to reach that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    She wants immortality. And if she can't get it through the Val'kyr, she'll get it through killing and converting everyone who opposes her.
    Yes, real clever, raise others into undeath so they plan a vendetta against you. Worked so well for Arthas.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I think like most forsaken she want to be released of the curse of being half dead, undead cant find a true purpose in the world, most are dominated, and if they are given free will they end up twisted with hatred to all or yust want to be left alone and be able to end their nonelifes, thats what i think its the message of the next book maybe, this new undercity council in some way manipulate the attack to teldrassil so undercity get sieged and they could be free of their undead life, like they escaped arthas they want to escape now silvanas is grasp of inmortality.
    Last edited by vVBlackwolfVv; 2017-11-10 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think she wants to be left alone. Everything she's done has been about pushing people away, trying to protect her people, or trying to rebuild her people.
    yup, that's why she is planning to invade Stormwind, because she wants to be left alone, uh-hu.

But she doesn't have that option while Genn is hunting her down, intent on killing her whatever it takes. So she's got to take him out, and anyone else who would chase her to the ends of the world for Vengeance or Violence.
    Genn already got his vengeance, as he says in the stormheim cinematic, "you took my son's future, and now I've taken yours". He already got even... If he wanted her dead he would have tried to kill her then, he wouldn't have stopped at breaking her lantern.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-10 at 07:21 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    Does she want to burn down Stormwind? Enslave the human race to keep her own alive? Or does she want to conquer and rule? What's her goal? What do you think? Will she settle into her role as leader of more than her own people and do you think she'll be any good at it?
    What are Sylvanas' goals? I think, plain and simple, her goal is survival. Not of the Forsaken, but her own. I believe she doesn't care for the Forsaken like 'her people', but more like 'her shield'. In other words, I don't think she'd hesitate to sacrifice her soldiers if it meant her survival.

In the same vein, I don't think that Sylvanas has any qualms at all toward killing anyone that opposes her. I imagine the only thing holding her back, at the moment, is the rest of the Horde, that wouldn't look too favorably upon genocide. Well, the orcs might, the goblins might not care, but I imagine the Tauren, and possibly the Trolls and Blood Elves, are unlikely to approve of such course of actions.

She will become the horde's "Kerrigan" and love them all like her children by the end of the book.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    yup, that's why she is planning to invade Stormwind, because she wants to be left alone, uh-hu.

Genn already got his vengeance, as he says in the stormheim cinematic, "you took my son's future, and now I've taken yours". He already got even... If he wanted her dead he would have tried to kill her then, he wouldn't have stopped at breaking her lantern.
    I doubt he's done with her. He took her future, but he was wounded and left to avoid getting killed. She still needs to pay for Gilneas and for Varian's death. Essentially that's 1 of the 3 vengeances taken. Lordaeron for Gilneas is next. Then her life for Varian's as his final act of vengeance.

As to why she plans to invade Stormwind: It doesn't make sense. I think she's taking the army to go after Genn, to use them as a cudgel to get Anduin to agree to hand the Old Wolf over after he disobeyed the High King's orders and attempted to assassinate the ruler of a foreign power during peacetime. Essentially threatening war should Anduin not capitulate to her desires.

I say that because it's a battle she and Blightcaller have both "Longed For". They haven't longed for the takeover of Stormwind. They haven't longed for the throne. There's nothing in either of their histories that would work as a motivation for that action.

So yeah. I stand by my previous statements.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-11-10 at 07:34 PM.

She wants to live forever even if it means eliminating all of her enemies

One Empowered Arrow was enough to knock him out of his Worgen form , she could have finished him off instead of watching him break the lantern ...

Also I doubt that he is done with her , guess he wants her to suffer as he has suffered losing his son
    2Pac Forever !

there's only one reason i could think of for her wanting stormwind, and that's for more human corpses.

imo, the only difference between her and the scourge now is that she's too weak to raise non-humans. she needs to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    She wants to live forever even if it means eliminating all of her enemies

One Empowered Arrow was enough to knock him out of his Worgen form , she could have finished him off instead of watching him break the lantern ...
    Also I doubt he is done with her
    she tried to kill him before he broke the lantern, she didn't move her bow fast enough. he broke it and the blast of energy releasing from eyir knocked her off balance.

why eyir didn't vaporize her right there, plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    She will become the horde's "Kerrigan" and love them all like her children by the end of the book.
    Sylvanas will not be another Kerrigan , Because she doesn't want to redeem herself ... that's all about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Guess healers don't deal damage xd
    2Pac Forever !

Deleted
    The small snippet from the book we got made it sound that she's been wanting Stormwind for a long time. So I guess it's got nothing to do with Genn, atleast not with the encounter in Legion and she didn't actually want anything from him before that. Well.. she did, but she already had it: Gilneas.

Since her short story we know, since the Lich Kind is done she wants only one thing and that is: not die. Her way of achieving this is making more Forsaken and using them carefully, same with her Val'kyr.

So... what in Stormwind could actually give her any advantage in not dying? The humans, as a way of creating more Forsaken or recreating her ritual endlessly (the one for the renewal of the body). I think that is a possibility, but it is also very risky. I think she'd turn to other cities first, that are less fortified. Unless ofc she has an ace up her sleeve and thinks she can take Stormwind at minimum risk.
    Or maybe there is something in that Lordaeron tomb on the SW graveyard that she wants.

I guess we'll see in the book. I wish it was already here, I'm really curious about that ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I doubt he's done with her. He took her future, but he was wounded and left to avoid getting killed. She still needs to pay for Gilneas and for Varian's death. Essentially that's 1 of the 3 vengeances taken.
    He lists all three of those off during that cinematic "For Varian, for Gilneas, for my SON!"

Lordaeron for Gilneas is next
    Lordaeron is a direct response to the burning of Teldrassil, Genn had nothing to do with it.

As to why she plans to invade Stormwind: It doesn't make sense. I think she's taking the army to go after Genn, to use them as a cudgel to get Anduin to agree to hand the Old Wolf over
    Yeah, that will totally work, what with the Horde having a much smaller army than the Alliance after a large sum of the Orcs got killed following Garrosh in MoP.

after he disobeyed the High King's orders and attempted to assassinate the ruler of a foreign power during peacetime.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=40794/f...ueens-reprisal

That's why he went after Sylvanas in Stormheim. The zone scaling tech was implemented long after the quests were all done, Aszuna was supposed to be the first zone, that is the quest that sends Alliance players to Stormheim, because we learn that Sylvanas is up to no good.

Essentially threatening war should Anduin not capitulate to her desires.
    See previous comment about the horde having a smaller military. Not to mention worse tech.

There's nothing in either of their histories that would work as a motivation for that action.
    more bodies to raise.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Live forever, marry Nathanos and spit out babies.

Probably, it's a windrunner thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Indeed... Eyir could have and should have demolished her, the only reason she didn't is bad writing and plot armor... which is coincidentally the same reason Illidan isn't dead, bad writing and plot armor, you can't stop a sword with your fucking hand, Blizzard... This is a trend for Blizzard, it seems.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-10 at 08:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    He lists all three of those off during that cinematic "For Varian, for Gilneas, for my SON!"

Lordaeron is a direct response to the burning of Teldrassil, Genn had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, that will totally work, what with the Horde having a much smaller army than the Alliance after a large sum of the Orcs got killed following Garrosh in MoP.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=40794/f...ueens-reprisal

That's why he went after Sylvanas in Stormheim. The zone scaling tech was implemented long after the quests were all done, Aszuna was supposed to be the first zone, that is the quest that sends Alliance players to Stormheim, because we learn that Sylvanas is up to no good.

See previous comment about the horde having a smaller military. Not to mention worse tech.

more bodies to raise.
    "a battle we have longed for" clearly means "More human corpses" yes. Obviously. That's ridiculous.

And yeah. Genn knew or had some inkling she was going to go get the power of the Val'kyr. That's got no impact on his decision to track down and attempt to kill her against Anduin's explicit orders. Or did you think the bombardment and subsequent sinking of the Forsaken fleet was just his way of saying "You stop that. I'mma get ya. Rawr. uwu"?

And the Horde doesn't need a bigger Military to threaten War. War is the last thing Anduin wants, because his whole goal is peace. Even if she knows she'd risk losing a war, she'd be putting herself in the sympathetic light of "He attacked a foreign power and slaughtered innocent soldiers" so she can manipulate things to her advantage. And I'm pretty sure the Dwarves with their codes of honor would be pretty pissed at Anduin if he just handwaved Genn's direct violation of a royal order...

And yeah. I know attacking Lordaeron is a direct response to Teldrassil burning. That doesn't mean it's not another part of his vengeance. They could've attacked Orgrimmar with the, as noted, superior forces and tech the Alliance has over the Horde rather than fucking with the Undercity. With the Orcs and Trolls and Tauren and Goblins taken down, the remaining factions of the Horde are piddly shit by comparison.

Lordaeron's a more strategic placement? Meh, kinda. Orgrimmar is the heart of the Horde. It makes more sense to destroy it than a far-flung estate on the other side of the world which, as noted, is much maligned even by the forces -of- the Horde.

Nah. Logic dictates the battle she and Blightcaller have "Longed For" is Genn. His betrayal of Lordaeron at the start of the Third War, literally walling himself off from his military allies, is a big part of why Lordaeron fell without the troop support of Gilneas. And, of course, the shattering of the Lantern was just another issue. He's the reason they're both dead, or at least -part- of the reason, since Gilneas's involvement in the war would've changed so many, many, things.

Genn's going to point Anduin to Lordaeron out of his own personal vendetta against Sylvanas and her people. It's a terrible military target 'cause once it's taken you can't defend it against retaking, hence the buildup of forces in Arathi and Gilneas. There's no way a military advisor like Genn would choose it over attacking the Heart of the Horde without that significant personal bias.