Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    God you people are so fucking tiresome

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so spamming trade for 20-40 minutes is "buiilding the community" but finding him in 5 minutes in lfg tool like people do for mythic + is suddenly "not building a community"

mkay

tell me how exackly spaming trade is different from finding people in lfg tool - i dare you

because you know what will happen ? ill tell you what will happen - good players will be all looking for group on openraid not in trade - which means those poor bastards looking for people in trade will have really really shitty experience
    Being forced to look for players to help you do things that require a group, means having to socialize and interact and make friends with people. The LFG tool takes that away and makes the experience more of a single player experience. It's more convenient, but it discourages social engagement, which I think is bad for the game.

You bring up a good point about people just turning to third party programs like OpenRaid, but I still think people will feel encouraged to add people to their friends list and to join guilds in order to do things.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Being forced to look for players to help you do things that require a group, means having to socialize and interact and make friends with people. The LFG tool takes that away and makes the experience more of a single player experience. It's more convenient, but it discourages social engagement, which I think is bad for the game.

You bring up a good point about people just turning to third party programs like OpenRaid, but I still think people will feel encouraged to add people to their friends list and to join guilds in order to do things.
    The most important flaw of the LFG tool is that groups are expendable. So what if you don't like person x in the group you're in? Just leave the group and queue again. Or better yet, try to get them votekicked. A new person will join in 2 minutes anyway. You don't need to give a shit about the people you're grouped with.

Without the LFG tool, you will learn to deal with the people you grouped with. If you searched carefully, you should have a group of people that works anyway. But even if not, you're going to have to speak to each other to perform well. You can't just leave the group, because you'd have to go back outside and search for new people. And it'd be troublesome if other people left, because you'd have to do the same thing.

I really think the re-release of Classic is going to bring a lot of new players to the game and remind some of the old ones how great not having cheat codes in the game is.

Needless to say, I have high hopes.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    God you people are so fucking tiresome
    Seriously, I can usually stand the petty nonsense of MMO-C, but man all this cringy "discussion" about classic WoW is giving me brain cancer.
    Not even the flying debates are this annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Which original experience?

Is it before or after Maraudon/Gurubashi were added? Should people be allowed to toggle their helms & cloaks?

Should it be before battlegrounds where the only pvp is wpvp/gurubashi or is 12 hour AV "original"?

Is the original experience before/after the addition of more raids than MC?

Are Kazzak/Azuregos the only world bosses, or are Dragons of Nightmare also part of the original experience, or is it before they added world bosses?

Are all of the original holidays part of it?

Is AQ20/40 part of it or should they only do before? How about Naxx?

Is the original experience before or after they revamped the talent tree for Druids/Hunters/Warlocks/Warriors?

That's the problem with saying you want the "original experience" when vanilla covered a period of 2+ years. There were a lot of revamps QoL improvements added during that time that I think a lot of people forget about, which a lot of purists will argue against, but they were part of vanilla. So which version of vanilla is the "original experience"?
    You should get all of the changes that they made over a 2 year period--and then the game is probably frozen because they aren't likely to do BC servers. Only game changing bugs or bugs which screw things up on blizzards end.

All this talk of hybrids... There's only warrior tanks so, I'm not sure what that's about anyway. I remember my friend healed in moonkin form fine back then, not sure it's gonna make much of a difference. Can't wait to see mages with STR gear again. RAWR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz just needs to make classic the way they want and tell the community to go eat a ..... (you finish that part).

I haven't been going around the interwebs looking for classic talk, just what I have seen on MMO-C and here its a cesspool already with the "haters", the plebs that spout "if they add that then that isnt vanilla" crap.

It is truly amazing how some people are so narrow minded and clueless.

Classic servers will never be exactly the same as vanilla but the goal should be to make them as close as possible. No changes that didnt happen in vanilla. People need to stop trying to make these Classic servers casual. If you want casual play Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Stop it. It's not "civil war" inside Vanilla community. It's continuation of Vanilla-haters onslaught in disguise of quite obvious trolling.
    Yeah, no. I've had arguments with real life friends who want classic servers, and they always talk about how they also want QoL improvements from other expansions(like a queue system for instances for example) and additional content after Naxx(they don't want classic to ever end basically...). They have fights against each other about whether or not they should start at the last patch of the game or at the very beginning and work their way up over years of play. They argue against whether it should come with all the game breaking bugs or not. They argue about almost everything. These people exist. What you're saying is 100% incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The point of creating Vanilla WoW is to suffer through how shitty it was and appreciate what has changed. There is no other point.
    And yes, my guild opened the AQ gates, I was there for the full ride since launch.

Easy raid encounters were only difficult back then because you had to farm tedious mats to make them work and coordinate all your paladin buffs, etc. etc. Once you start adding "Quality of Life" improvements, even things as simple as mass looting, you degrade what made the experience satisfying when you actually accomplished anything.

Walk until 40.
    Expensive mounts which had to be carried in your bag.
    Expensive talent changes.
    Warrior only viable tank.
    Priest only decent healer.
    Short-lived buffs cast on individual players.
    Weapon skill levelling.
    Annoying reagents.
    Farming fire resistance.
    Ammo in bags.
    Primitive Add-on APIs requiring manual target marking.

ALL of it. Or NONE of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Blizz just needs to make classic the way they want and tell the community to go eat a ..... (you finish that part).
    Blizzard doesn't know what they want.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    I don't think people who wanted Classic all along are entering a "civil war".

I think people who were anti-Classic, who now have egg on their face after years of throwing tantrums at the very idea, are trying to find some new thing to glom onto as a reason why Vanilla can't/shouldn't happen.

I think the people who are asking for Vanilla to be modified for convenience are not really into Vanilla. Those who want Vanilla back want Vanilla back not some other thing. They will be ok with only things like bug fixes etc, no QoL of any kind. Folks who ask for QoL stuff are more than likely trolls who like to try and derail any subject all the time anyway.

And it should be obvious that it has to be the last major content patch (iirc 1.12) before the 1st expansion (Burning Crusade) was released at which point it wasn't Vanilla anymore.

Nobody will be able to stop trolls from trolling, it is their nature. The fans of Vanilla are expecting Vanilla not some bastardized version of it.

I'm for 100% purism with no changes to the original experience but I also don't care if it succeeds or not lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Look they're already making a movie!
    If I worked at Blizzard and one of my employees brought me this I'd fire them on the spot lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

From what I understood, most of the ones wishing for ANY changes are those who never played Vanilla originally, so there is NO divide, and those who legit want it - want it untouched.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-11-11 at 02:56 AM.

Is it though? Is that really the point?
    Yes, it is. My bet is after a month or two ones left playing are those who legit like being tortured and those who lie to themselves about how perfect Vanilla was.

Last interview, NO LFD so thats good.

If you truly want no changes because it would ruin the experience, be prepared to have that experience completely ruined by the addon creators (myself included). Your AVRs, your GroupFinders, your DBMs and your WeakAuras would be the first addons to be created obviously but after that you'd start seeing a lot more game breaking addons.
    I hope they will fix game breaking bugs, exploits, issues etc. I don't think Vanilla fans object to fixing these. I don't think these are QoL issues. QoL are things like LFD/LFR, more flight points, more teleportation, dual spec / free spec change, heirlooms, more / easier gear, etc. These have nothing to do fixing a bug or exploit, they are all about watering down the experience. They will alter the atmosphere of the game so much that it will not be Vanilla.

Take your QoL changes and fuck off!
    You are the reason that the game turned into a single player mario.

Even though I know I would enjoy the new character models and transmog,
    I want vanilla and It is going to be vanilla. Any QoL especially LFG tool can fuck off. It is the reason why the community is dead and there are people who wants it in the classic? fuck off!

BUg fixes, server optimizations are not QoL like group finder or quest markers. You cannot put them in same category. But even then if you fucking trolls insisting in your ridiculous counter arguments, I and veterans or purists or whatever are going to take a full fucking buggy, unstable vanilla over your QoL single player game.

Fuck off, deal with, for years you mocked players here. Nost topic got thousand of pages of ridicule from you disgusting trolls. Fuck off, take your hands away from the happiness of others. You have what you want, we are going to get what we want.

Classic people are not divided. People like OP are the fucking trolls.

"Fuck off" count: 5

you get the meaning.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-11-11 at 04:00 AM.

@Gref Yes that server community of searching for a group for 6 hours to do Sunken Temple and then not saying a single word to people other than what mark their CC was! auggghg fuck off on QoL ruined the game!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

But for real, the WoW community is amazing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.