Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record...but in none of the "We want Classic server" threads pre-Blizzcon 2017 did anyone answer to me what "version" the "community" has been asking for. Als my " key gets broken, because I cannot put enough quotation marks around "community". The community that is at each other's throat about everything. Even now I don't see an unanimous vote. The thing I am sure about is: No matter what version Blizzard releases, parts of the community will be at Blizzard's throat

- - - Updated - - -

QFT. They once said there will be no Classic servers

I know, your right. I feel duped into a argument again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    What are you talking about? There was literally one question about Classic in the entire Q&A:

Fixing bugs != changing the game. The question that's still in the air is: What's the right version of classic? 1.1? 1.8? 1.9? 1.12.1? They have no clue it would seem. And there is really no good answer to that either.

Or have you been linking random stuff hoping that no one is actually going to open the link and read it? That's not reddit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    They didn't say anything about QoL changes, or meaningful changes.

Q: Classic servers - will they be warts and all or will you fix bugs?
    A: Complicated answer - these servers will take a lot longer than you imagine. Part of that is we want to sort those questions out with the community. We don't want crash or downtime bugs or exploits still in the game but we do want to re-create the 1-60 experience. UBRS in that time was both a 10 and 5 player instance. What is the "right" version of classic? We'll talk about it.

One paragraph, your argument is still null.

All we know for sure is:
    We don't want crash or downtime bugs or exploits still in the game but we do want to re-create the 1-60 experience
    I initially stated they would fix bugs. People quoted me stating I was lying, and that there would be no changes. I responded to them with a source for my initial claim. Also in that post they indicate that they will fix exploits, which might mean negligible / unnoticeable changes or it might be substantial changes. Also they imply they will have to make arbitrary decisions on which pre-existing conditions to keep and discard - obviously this means the potential for having a mash-up version that never existed in any actual Vanilla patch. I would count that as a change.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly, at the end of the day - I am actually happy that Blizzard changed their mind. It gives us endless things to discuss, it might bring people back - more money means more content will be developed (hopefully) for the live game and it might even extend the life span of the game.

The fact that this discussion is so passionate shows that WoW is far from dead.
    I agree, Im excited as well. I hope that they do implement some QoL changes, minor ones, but keep the whole community aspect and, dare I say it, gear at check and the use of CC mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I initially stated they would fix bugs. People quoted me stating I was lying, and that there would be no changes. I responded to them with a source for my initial claim. Also in that post they indicate that they will fix exploits, which might mean negligible / unnoticeable changes or it might be substantial changes. Also they imply they will have to make arbitrary decisions on which pre-existing conditions to keep and discard - obviously this means the potential for having a mash-up version that never existed in any actual Vanilla patch. I would count that as a change.

My Bad, I did not see your other post. I apologize for calling you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are confused. You are the one who doesn't get it. Just because the question was about bugs means NOTHING. They said they will consult the community. That's a dead give away that they will consult the community, not only about bugs obviously, and even if it was about bugs, the community will not skip such an opportunity to ask for QoL and they will get them.
    Yes just as much people if not more request no QOL changes at all

if you have two groups Group ALPHA want no changes and group beta want QOL changes
    they both have equal amount of players but most of group alpha isn't subscribed while most of group beta is already subscribed
    also listening to group ALPHA will require less work
    Hmm i wonder to which group blizzard will listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you watch the Co-Optional podcast, Jesse Cox said he were talking with Ion Hazzikostas about the classic servers, And they had not even started them yet. It is only an idea right now and they got no idea if they want to change anything or fix anything.

https://youtu.be/ULsrtVc0yfo?t=1h59m30s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post

if you have two groups Group ALPHA want no changes and group beta want QOL changes
    they both have equal amount of players but most of group alpha isn't subscribed while most of group beta is already subscribed
    Nicely put, its another aspect that has to be considered. I mean the whole point of classic is to try and bring back those that are unsubbed right? making all the qol changes would theoretically hinder that.

Im open to whatever they do develop. I dont play wow like I use to, never played on Private servers to bring back the "nostalgia" but I did seem to enjoy the game more, whether it was Classic or TBC, mainly because of the community aspect, use of CC, obtaining mats, crafting had more meaning and the difficulty in obtaining gear.

To me Classic and TBC were more enjoyable than what we have now. I think that we played more in those versions to get the gear as it took a whole lot longer to obtain than now, we didn't need dailies to keep us occupied and purple gear was earned, lets not forget having attunements. Now you just have to go do some WQ to get decent purples and usually never step in a raid unless you just wanted the best gear in game.

Deleted

+ unsubbed people cant post on official WoW Classic forum.. if you go there, almost every thread is about QoL changes and guess what! from actuall players, not veterans.

Literally nobody EVER asked for altered/changed vanilla before they announced classic servers
    It is obvious you are not really interested in sticking to vanilla and only want to change it just so you can dabble in it for 1 month
    Why add all the QOL changes to vanilla ? it will end up just like retail and Blizzard already have game for that type of players
    So get a grip if vanilla is not for you then its not for you move on.
    What people demands, and what they really need are not always sync.

The real issue here is what to keep about QoL and what to discard to preserve the vanilla feeling, we can assume some are a NO NO (LFR, Dungeon finder (with the teleport to it instantly,...)) others are a maybe (updated models graphics,...) and others are a yes ( actual friends list,...)

Also, are we gonna maintain the vanilla talent tree from underpowered or awfull specs? People forgot that during vanilla almost EVERY patch brought changes to classes to try to balance them (even full talent trees were changed in some)

Deleted
    I don't want any changes in vanilla, i want the patch system (1.0.1 to 1.12.1 in X time period) and that's it. The only change needs to be implementing the game in battle net, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only change I want is increased boss health and damage, maybe it'll combat people clearing raids in a day like they do on private servers, or something to just make it harder. I can't be asked with people clearing raids so quickly, unless they don't do progression servers, then I won't care xD