Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A compromise on specs

So after 25 pages of people's opinions I found some of us had come to a compromise. Instead of dual spec, what is everyone's opinion on reducing the cost and cap for respecing for Hybrid classes only?

This would include the following classes:

Paladin
    Druid
    Warrior
    Priest
    Shaman

This would make it similar to dual spec but still require you farm a bit and are still required to stay in one spec, but you will be able to swap spec for questing or pvp etc, farming the silithis badges, naxx badges, is really imperative for all classes I think.

I offer this compromise in hopes that we can become more unified on these issues so that we are viewed as unified and not inherently fractured and split infinitely.
    Last edited by Octayvius; 2017-11-11 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    It should include all the classes but to me a fair compromise would be to reset by one click every week rather than every month (same day with raids reset).

I think any changes you suggest will only result in being called a troll and basement squeals of rage.

Enjoy your classic community!

Why exactly? A big part of vanilla was commiting to a spec, not a class. You weren't just a paladin, you were a holy paladin or a retribution paladin. Changing should be costly and not an easy decision.

If you want easy multi-speccing, there is Legion+.

I'm fairly certain it was mentioned in the old thread: Any actual gameplay change opens the box of pandora to change more stuff.

Some things in Vanilla, in terms of design, were broken, everyone who has watched any of the thousand "Vanilla review" video knows this.

If you create a priest, you're probably stuck healing at 60 and have a horrible time doing anything solo, that was just a part of Vanilla.

While it is a hardline position, stupid shit was a part of Vanilla, people want to re live that, no changes to that, it starts innocent, but soon you'll be having Warriors begging for Victory Rush because "it just affects leveling".

why is it so damned hard to understand that the people who've wanted vanilla all this time want it as it was, nothing more or less than what it was, that's it.

not fucking rocket science here
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    why is it so damned hard to understand that the people who've wanted vanilla all this time want it as it was, nothing more or less than what it was, that's it.

not fucking rocket science here
    Because I played a healer back in the day and am sympathetic to other people who didn't just play lol hunter or dps in general so they were entirely at the mercy of others to get anything done. It meant not getting a lot of things done or getting shafted if they finished it before you, etc. I hope you at least play a tank or healer given your position because the incentive to purposely fuck yourself is not as rational as you make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Because I played a healer back in the day and am sympathetic to other people who didn't just play lol hunter or dps in general so they were entirely at the mercy of others to get anything done. It meant not getting a lot of things done or getting shafted if they finished it before you, etc. I hope you at least play a tank or healer given your position because the incentive to purposely fuck yourself is not as rational as you make it seem.
    Supply and demand might rule there.

While Healers and Tanks were horrible doing anything solo, they basically had a safe raidspot and "instant queue", LFG chat was basically perma filled with "LF Tank / Healer for X".

Whereas as Dps, you had start a group yourself (where hardly anyone would join except for other Dps) and then keep spamming "LF Tank / Healer" or directly ask people who could tank / healer.

The convenience of being able to adequately do stuff solo had the price there, just ask Hunters who had a horrible reputation throughout Vanilla because they were seen as super easy to play / level.

Deleted
    Funny how Warrior is considered hybrid and shaman isnt. Lolwot?

i lvld a resto druid from 1-60 on a pvp server and guess what, I got shit done, its called making friends in game and joining a guild and bam, got what I needed to get done, done. It certainly wasn't easy for sure and sometimes it did suck but that's how it was and how it should stay. There was an actual community back then because you HAD to talk to people and the game required you to group up to do stuff...now its just pretty much a single player experience thanks to things like LFD and LFR
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

So after 25 pages of people's opinions I found some of us had come to a compromise. Instead of dual spec, what is everyone's opinion on reducing the cost and cap for respecing for Hybrid classes only?

This would include the following classes:

Paladin
    Druid
    Warrior
    Priest

This would make it similar to dual spec but still require you farm a bit and are still required to stay in one spec, but you will be able to swap spec for questing or pvp etc, farming the silithis badges, naxx badges, is really imperative for all classes I think.

I offer this compromise in hopes that we can become more unified on these issues so that we are viewed as unified and not inherently fractured and split infinitely.
    Why do people want dual-spec so much? Do you realize how much work will go into finding a gear set for both specs, even between int dps and int healing there is a huge stat difference.
    Just stick to one spec, unless you want to quit your job and play 30-40 hours a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

While Healers and Tanks were horrible doing anything solo, they basically had a safe raidspot and "instant queue", LFG chat was basically perma filled with "LF Tank / Healer for X".

Whereas as Dps, you had start a group yourself (where hardly anyone would join except for other Dps) and then keep spamming "LF Tank / Healer" or directly ask people who could tank / healer.

The convenience of being able to adequately do stuff solo had the price there, just ask Hunters who had a horrible reputation throughout Vanilla because they were seen as super easy to play / level.
    Seeing how many hunters still forget to dismiss pets, they continue to earn their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I think any changes you suggest will only result in being called a troll and basement squeals of rage.

Enjoy your classic community!
    Oh I thought it was just another day in Legion you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I assume it's a viability thing, or at least a perceived viability thing. Tank and DPS warrior saw regular play. Shaman, from the posts I've seen at least, were resto only until Naxx when Enh became usable. I'm probably wrong, I'm a panda baby, but that's the general perception I've seen.

Since when were shaman not hybrids? Why aren't they on your arbitrary list?

While it is a hardline position, stupid shit was a part of Vanilla, people want to re live that, no changes to that, it starts innocent, but soon you'll be having Warriors begging for Victory Rush because "it just affects leveling".
    Little do they know original Victory Rush wasn't all that useful.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I assume it's a viability thing, or at least a perceived viability thing. Tank and DPS warrior saw regular play. Shaman, from the posts I've seen at least, were resto only until Naxx when Enh became usable. I'm probably wrong, I'm a panda baby, but that's the general perception I've seen.
    And those people would be idiots. To raid you only played resto. There was no viable off-spec until the BC patch dropped.

We didn't fight to enjoy the challenges of Classic only to get "kinda like classic but modern and much easier!" we could play that on live.

Mained a holy priest in vanilla, got kicked off the raid team because I couldn't get attuned. couldn't afford to constantly swap specs, because I had to go back to healing most nights. I'm all for Vanilla, I'd love to play it, the solo difficulty was insane. If Blizzard and everyone else in the already toxic community wants me to heal them in a raid, but spending 10x longer than them preparing for it via farming and attunements, then frankly, get fucked.

I'm of the opinion that you can keep the gameplay exactly the same, but improve the QoL for many people at the same time. Allowing a priest to swap to shadow for grinding mobs, without penalising them to the point of bankruptcy. I agree, dual spec / freely changing spec is not the answer, but 120g a day to switch to shadow and back isn't the answer either. You should atleast be able to swap for free at a class trainer, so that atleast some effort is required, but it doesn't just simply cost you double the time or excessive amounts of gold as a healer. Happy healers means more healers, means your guilds less likely to crumble the second they start Naxx.

I'm 50/50 on legacy, I'd play it in my downtime regardless, but I'd only play seriously if the QoL is there. I'm not a kid anymore, I work 50+ hours a week, have a child of my own, a house to keep. I can't be spending 10 hours a day grinding just to be able to do the part of the game I like. If it's as time restrictive as before, I won't be raiding, if I'm not raiding, it's a matter of time before I stop playing. This is the very reason player retention is so terrible on Vanilla servers, and why it will be catastrophic on the official ones. It needs to keep the gameplay but loose the bullshit if it's gonna last long if it goes all in 100% vanilla, it will be dead within a year, just like all the private servers before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Straight up forgot about shaman because I'm an alliance master racer. Edited to add it.