Page 1 of 3
LastLast

White nationalists call for ethnic purity at Polish Independence Day celebration

https://www.politico.eu/article/whit...nce-day-march/

WARSAW — Tens of thousands of people marched in Warsaw Saturday at a Polish Independence Day celebration led by three radical-nationalist groups, with banners calling for “White Europe” and “Clean Blood.”

Police estimated the crowd at 60,000, and photos of the throngs in the Polish capital, including neo-fascists in balaclavas, marching in a haze of red smoke from firecrackers, provided dramatic images from a country where millions of people died in concentration camps in World War II.

Many people in the crowd told local and international media they were not part of the radical-nationalist groups, but were attending in celebration of Independence Day.

The three main sponsors of the march were All Poland Youth, National Movement and National Radical Camp, which is known by its acronym ONR.

All Poland Youth has organized demonstrations on Polish Independence Day at least since 2010, but in its early years only a few hundred people attended. The event has grown to attract right-wing nationalists from across Europe, and on Saturday it overshadowed other festivities.

The rally appears to have gained the tacit approval of the governing Law and Justice party, but officials told local and international media that the event met all legal requirements. Authorities have granted the march a status of a “regular event,” meaning in future nobody will be able to march on streets reserved f0r the “Independence March.”

In previous years, there were violent clashes between the marchers and anti-fascist demonstrators but this year thousands of police sealed off the streets, as well as the central Warsaw Poniatowski Bridge, and there was no contact with any protesters against the march.

At a 6 p.m. news conference, after the march ended, Interior Minister Mariusz Błaszczak said: “There were no incidents.” But he refused to acknowledge that there were racist slogans at the march “It’s only your opinion, because you behave like a political activist,” he told a reporter who asked about the widely-documented banners and chants.

Among those slogans were: “White Europe of Brotherly Nations,” “Europe will be white or uninhabited,” “Clear blood, sober mind,” and “No to Islam.”

The mass display of xenophobia, including anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim and anti-gay slogans, was not immediately condemned by senior government officials. And it was certain to heighten concerns in Brussels over the continuing rightward shift of Poland’s politics. For months, Warsaw and the EU have been in a tense standoff over changes to Poland’s court system that the European Commission says undermine the rule of law.

At a separate Independence Day event in Kraków, the leader of the governing Law and Justice party, Jarosław Kaczyński, also struck a nationalist chord. “Our demands will be met only if there is power behind them,” Kaczyński said. “We must aim at the national consolidation and try to convince those who don’t accept us and maybe even hate us.”

European Council President Donald Tusk, who is a former Polish prime minister and a political opponent of the current Warsaw government, was in Poland for Independence Day celebrations.

“I am convinced that the Independence Day can be celebrated with a smile on our faces and with joy in our hearts because there really is much to celebrate and much be proud of — without hostile chants and without clenched fists,” he told journalists on Saturday morning. “This is what I have come here to tell all my positively-thinking compatriots: You are not alone, we are very many, and the personal independence of each and every one of you is the best guarantee of Poland’s independence.”
    It sounds like there were some very fine people at that march.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    It sounds like there were some very fine people at that march.
    The finest!

wish world war 2 woulda lasted about a year longer so we coulda dropped some nuclear bombs and kill a few million of the fucking nazis, including their polish sympathizers. They were better off living under the soviet union

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poland is a fucking shithole filled with a bunch of racist pieces of shit. I was there in 2012 you might as well compare it to the south in the 50s and 60s, they hate black people

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-11-13 at 01:59 AM.

It seems like the more people push for acceptance and embracing others the more others rises up against them.

It's an interesting opposing collation in that they are accomplishing the opposite of what they are trying to achieve. Hate for these groups has rarely been higher.

The people of Poland won't bend the knee to Fuhrer Merkel. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    The people of Poland won't bend the knee to Fuhrer Merkel. Good on them.
    So you're cheering for the white nationalists?

I hear that this is something that happens every year in Poland because they have a huge number of insane nazi-types. Given the history, you wonder if it's like how sexually assaulted kids grow up to be perpetrators of sexual assault, but on a national scale. People razed by Nazis grow up to be Nazis.

Ethnic purity, in case anyone needs a reminder, is a thing that doesn't exist to the point of being a hilarious statement. It CERTAINLY doesn't exist among "white people", since that isn't an actual race at all but rather a mix of hundreds of "races".

Well I mean, it would be funny if these people weren't such awful pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    It's alright to be white.
    Yeah that about describes being white... "meh".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is no violence then I say it's okay to assemble and be pro-European.

I would say the same for a BLM type rally, it's okay to assemble and it's only the violent individuals who are a problem.

This is the moment where I would make a comment about Europe having a white nationalist problem, but I'm not a generalizing piece of shit.

Didn't they end up in camps the last time ethnic purity came to Poland?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Didn't they end up in camps the last time ethnic purity came to Poland?
    Yup, if Germany had won, most of Poland would have been wiped out, and the survivors be put into work camps.
    ...Nazis did not like slavs.

Well it was only a matter of time. This is the blowback for telling people that they were born wrong and that they should feel ashamed while coddling others. Not going to say I agree with it, or condone it, but I did see it coming.

And besides...if Muslims can say things like Hitler did nothing wrong and throw up Nazi salutes why should we care if the Polish voice like minded rhetoric?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Well it was only a matter of time. This is the blowback for telling people that they were born wrong and that they should feel ashamed while coddling others. Not going to say I agree with it, or condone it, but I did see it coming.

And besides...if Muslims can say things like Hitler did nothing wrong and throw up Nazi salutes why should we care if the Polish voice like minded rhetoric?
    Just... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ethnic purity, in case anyone needs a reminder, is a thing that doesn't exist to the point of being a hilarious statement. It CERTAINLY doesn't exist among "white people", since that isn't an actual race at all but rather a mix of hundreds of "races".

Well I mean, it would be funny if these people weren't such awful pieces of shit.

Yeah that about describes being white... "meh".
    "I happened to be born white, therefore I am superior to everyone else."

I don't get it. How are people so "proud" about randomly being born a specific race?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    As long as there is no violence then I say it's okay to assemble and be pro-European.

I would say the same for a BLM type rally, it's okay to assemble and it's only the violent individuals who are a problem.
    Pro-European != calling for ethnic purity
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post

thats the thing some many here won't be able to accept. I've said it before, but stuff like this was going to happen. You have waves of immigrants flooding into western nations, and being told by the political elite that the people of those countries needs to accept this is the norm, while being told by fringe groups that being white is evil now, you pissed off enough people and pushed them into these kind of groups.

They made this political turmoil themselves, and will just continue to say the same shit, fanning the flames and making it worse. There is no middle ground anymore.
    #boycottchina

Good for them. I don't know who the hell would want their nation to be flooded with economic immigrants from africa or the middle east. All they ever seem to do is cause problems wherever they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats the thing some many here won't be able to accept. I've said it before, but stuff like this was going to happen. You have waves of immigrants flooding into western nations, and being told by the political elite that the people of those countries needs to accept this is the norm, while being told by fringe groups that being white is evil now, you pissed off enough people and pushed them into these kind of groups.

They made this political turmoil themselves, and will just continue to say the same shit, fanning the flames and making it worse. There is no middle ground anymore.
    Yes, people on the other side of the world saying mean things pushed these polish groups into facism.. makes perfect sense.
    Not their own fault at all or anything.

You could justify ISIS with the exact same argument, for crying out loud.

I mean, for a country that hasn’t taken refugees in they’re moaning over... what again?