Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They haven't released any concrete details on the exact requirements to unlock yet, I'm afraid. We'll know more as we get closer to launch, likely with plenty of time still to prepare.

They've mentioned in interviews that the "current plan" is to require something "like" Highmountain Exalted to make the unlock quest available (presumably, yes, on the Exalted character), but nothing is set in stone.
    And what if an Alliance player is exalted with Highmountain or a Horde player with Army of the Light, will they not be able to recruit them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why though? Alleria didn't even interact with Hatuun, it was Turalyon and Velen.
    Why does doing Alleria&Locus walker quest chain give Argussian Reach rep? Why do their world quests give that rep? Because gameplay. They need to stick something there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Why would you need rep from previous expansions to unlock one of the main features in a new expansion
    Most likely because these four races come during Legion or the pre-patch
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    And what if an Alliance player is exalted with Highmountain or a Horde player with Army of the Light, will they not be able to recruit them?
    I was just thinking about that. I'm gonna have to do all that Suramar shit again. I never got around to doing it on a Horde character. it's so boring after the first time.

My guess is it's the same as with the Azzinoth appearance. Have the achievement on one character, unlock what you want on any. My Rogue has the glavies, my Mage did the timewalking raid, my Demonhunter uses the appearance. And probably in the same way: My Mage has the required reputation, my Warrior will start the quest to unlock Horde races, and I'll play them.

We really have no idea yet how it will work. That would be my assumption, but it's certainly not a guarantee- Presumably, you'll need the requirements on the appropriate faction, but it's possible that, as long as you have the correct achievement on your account, it'll unlock.

I have no more answers than you do, only speculation based on the very vague information on "current plans/thoughts" given in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    But what motivation do you have to even do world quests for weeks if there is no good rewards?
    Never said you'd have to, they'd be outdated content in BfA.

Regarding the main topic, I'm going with the opinion that the first four come in 7.3.5 or at least before 8.0
    My take on the faction requirement is that it'll be Exalted until launch, and come BfA it's getting nerfed to Honored, so new players, who'd have to level through Legion anyway, could unlock their recruiting questline by just questing through the appropriate zone.

If it requires Argus factions, Revered and then Friendly.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I did create a thread on the General Discussion forum on the main Warcraft website if any of you are looking to throw your hat into the ring on the discussion. There may be a few there that can have their eyes opened to the situation.

Feel free to let some voices be heard on the matter; discussion is up to 5 pages at the time of this reply post.

Title is called Old Reputation grinds in BfA? Do go on...

I saw somewhere that in order to be able to recruit the Nightfallen or Highmountain Taurens you need to be exalted with their legion factions but how does that work exactly, once you are exalted with 1 character can you recruit them with any character or you have to do the quest with the same character that you went exalted? And do the other races also have a reputation system for example Dark Iron Dwarves need exalted with Thorium Brotherhood and Lightforged Draenei need exalted with Army of the Light? And what if an Alliance player is exalted with a horde faction like Highmountain it doesn't count? Is there anywhere complete information about this because it involves activities of previous expansions too.
    They have done similar things in the past with a few reps, like Nat Pagle and Dalaran. If they are going back to use reps that were introduced in an old expansion, 100% sure that you won't have to go back and do old content to gain rep. You can go back and do them to gain rep faster for sure, but there will be current content that gives the rep such as expended WQ/emissary system that will continue in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    How awesome would it be for Thorium Brotherhood and old Zul'gurub Zandalari Troll rep to be exalted to unlock them. The rage would be incandescent.
    Heh, if the Brotherhood had been removed at some point, I'd even welcome a reputation bonus for the new factions (if Dark Iron are involved in maxlevel KT/BfA, they'll likely be a new faction) based on your rep with these Vanilla factions, like, Exalted with the old one, immediately Revered with the new one
    The questline to unlock Dark Iron could even be about reconciling the main Dark Iron faction with the Thorium Brotherhood!
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-11-13 at 08:34 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I doubt reputation from previous expansions will be mandatory, as WoW has rarely (never?) worked that way before. But it would be cool if they counted somehow. If you're already exalted with a race, why would they forget you? Maybe they are all "What have you done for us lately?"

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    If people come next expansion, are they expected to have to spend time doing old content to be able to play a new race?
    Certainly seems to be the whole premise behind Allied Races, so I'm gonna say yes. You have to unlock them with your main before you can use them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean they're still new expansion features though. If people come next expansion, are they expected to have to spend time doing old content to be able to play a new race? It just seems weird and I doubt they'd implement something so stupid
    That's a good point. Maybe the rep requirement only exists during the pre-patch and maybe first patch of BfA?
    For the [enter opposing faction here]