Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEnhnGVdEI
    and it kinda hit me....graymane has almost every reason to burn down the tree and start this war. like his son died his people got rekt and anduins dad got killed alllll because of sylvanas. How do you guys think they could put this in and make graymane the bad guy??
    If Genn Greymane had the power to covertly destroy a city, don't you think he'd just use it on Undercity instead of committing a "9/11 was an inside job" in the hopes that they would then go to war with the Horde? Also, wasn't it already leaked that the Desolate Council is responsible?

may be new charecters added to the story.

Signs point to yet another rogue faction of Forsaken unilaterally deciding to attack the Night Elves, and the Alliance not accepting Sylvanas's excuses because of the last time she let this happen. Not the least of which reasons being that if she wasn't distracted by these "traitors" she would have attacked Stormwind instead.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I'm a Horde player and a Sylvanas fan but there is a 0% chance this would happen. Genn may be a rash hothead but he isn't fully retarded, same goes for Jaina.

Let's just talk turkey for a minute. Everything we have seen so far, the new book, the Blizzard demo, the interviews, the before/after Teldrassil artwork point to one thing- Sylvanas started the war, burned down the tree using something and she will probably die before 9.0. Everything else is speculation and wishful thinking.
    All of this is true except for presuming she's going to die.

Sylvanas is not Garrosh. People actually like Sylvanas, in lore and in the community. Sylvanas needs to step down as warchief and almost certainly will, but there is nothing saying that it will be from her death. It has even already been shown that she dislikes the position and is, for all intents and purposes, ill-suited for it.

Her death is a very real possibility, but it's not an absolute by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Signs point to yet another rogue faction of Forsaken unilaterally deciding to attack the Night Elves, and the Alliance not accepting Sylvanas's excuses because of the last time she let this happen. Not the least of which reasons being that if she wasn't distracted by these "traitors" she would have attacked Stormwind instead.
    What are you basing this on? We know dick about the Desolate Council right now, they could very well be a new Darkspear Rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Uh, what? The 'rogue' faction of undead are more passive than she is, not more aggressive. They don't want Sylvanas to go all out finding a 'cure' for her people in the sense of raising more undead, so why would they want to burn down Teldrissal? For giggles?

Mehh, I still think that N´zoth, have been whispering to Sylvanas and others, Horde and Alliance, and gotten them involved in this Total War mentality, the whispers, offering gifts, beyond their wildest dreams... Maybe the whispers, promised Sylvanas immortality, like she craves, more than anything else? ;-)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Well it seems that provoking a war and attempting to implicate Sylvanas would put pressure on their political rival and go a long way toward their ultimate goal of extinction for all undead. These were probably the guys Sylvanas left in charge when she went to commit suicide. You know, the ones who thought letting Garrosh use their peers as cannon fodder was acceptable.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2017-11-13 at 09:15 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I love that people are trying to find every possible excuse for Sylvanas not not be a an awful person when we already know she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEnhnGVdEI
    and it kinda hit me....graymane has almost every reason to burn down the tree and start this war. like his son died his people got rekt and anduins dad got killed alllll because of sylvanas. How do you guys think they could put this in and make graymane the bad guy??
    Alliance bias much. Pretty much the only thing I truely hate about WoW is the way even some of the players get stuck in the whole tunnel vision thing when looking at what happened during events:
    His son died: Yes. Alliance fanboys love to forget that Sylvanas was not trying to kill him specifically however, and if the idiot hadn't jumped infront of an arrow meant for someone else, he would still be alive.

His people got rekt: His people got rekt long before Sylvanas ever became an issue. How come nobody blames Arugal and the worgen curse for starting shit off? Or their policy of hiding behind a wall while the rest of the world went to hell, instead of helping out. And of course, Sylvanas still gets all the blame, even though the orders that started the war came from Garrosh, her warchief. Why is it that nobody ever criticizes the Alliance when they start shit with the horde?

The one that pisses me off the most tho, is this stupid shit where people try to lay the blame for Varian's death on Sylvanas. Sylvanas was not responsible for varian's death. The Horde forces fought until they were nearly destroyed by an overwhelming onslaught of demons, because they were expecting the Alliance forces to pull their own weight and deal with Guldan. Instead, while the horde were getting the shit kicked out of them, the Alliance killed a handful of demons, and tossed insults back and forth with the enemy.... Varian died because he spent so much time posturing like a DBZ character getting ready for his big debut, that the people keeping the demons from falling on him like a ton of bricks were forced to call a retreat because they were about to be over-run and wiped out to the last man. But no, it's all Sylvanas's fault, because apperently she was supposed to sacrifice the entire horde force, and all their heroes, in the vain hope that Varian would pull his thumb out of his ass and actually attack Guldan before they all died. I swear, if sylvanas, and all of the horde heroes had actually died on that cliff to the last man while waiting for Varian to actually do something, the Alliance fanboys would still somehow blame the horde for the whole thing, as if there was anything more they possibly could have done.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-11-13 at 09:30 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    We've got 2 patches (counting the pre-patch) a book, and from the art style; an animated comic ahead of us to evolve the characters and set up the story. Reading snippets from the final chapter isn't going to give us the situation. We'll just have to wait.

I don't think Genn will be directly responsible for the burning. However, I can see him being indirectly responsible. Like, maybe there is a peace summit, or a meeting of Vereesa and Sylvanas, and Genn decides to ambush it to get his revenge, resulting in the death of Vereesa. I can totally see an enraged Sylvanas burn down the tree where his people live, in her fury.
    That ... would actually be plausible.

Genn doesn't care about the rules, just innocent lives. I could see him trying to have Sylvanas assassinated during some peaceful meeting in Teldrassil and everything going to shit because of it. If he's got Nelven Archers working for him who fill Vereesa full of arrows, Sylvanas would probably be willing to destroy the city in retaliation. Particularly if she feels betrayed by the Alliance who invited her in under a flag of truce.

But that just passes the Alliance the "Rogue element!" ball, rehashing the Wrathgate story all over again. I'd rather they did something -different-. Something where both sides are justified in at least -some- of their actions.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    We don't know if Jaina isn't a dreadlord, she even has a dreadlord skin in Heroes of the Storm
    You also have the Lich King fighting a Murloc in that game, yet you are using Heroes of the Storm as the basis for any serious lore discussion. Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I'm a Horde player and a Sylvanas fan but there is a 0% chance this would happen. Genn may be a rash hothead but he isn't fully retarded, same goes for Jaina.

Let's just talk turkey for a minute. Everything we have seen so far, the new book, the Blizzard demo, the interviews, the before/after Teldrassil artwork point to one thing- Sylvanas started the war, burned down the tree using something and she will probably die before 9.0. Everything else is speculation and wishful thinking.
    Genn is a hot head but has reason for it. So you should watch your mouth and read your lore.
    Same goes for Jaina.

You're correct, Sylvanas is the problem and will probably be dealt with, but I doubt will be killed.

For the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    She is absolutely an awful person.

But she wouldn't burn down Teldrassil without a reason to do so. She wants to take over Stormwind in the new book - Why would she turn around and burn Teldrassil instead? I could understand if she TOOK OVER Teldrassil, but burn it down? It's nonsensical, she gains nothing but the ire of the entire rest of the world by doing that - And if there's one thing we know about Sylvanas, it's if she doesn't gain something, she doesn't care about it.
    Because the art makes it likely the tree is embedded with Azerite and she either wanted to harvest it from the charred remains or just didn't want the Alliance to have access to it. Alternatively it was just a preemptive strike for moving against Stormwind without having to worry about reinforcements from Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    So the only "evidence" you have is that Genn is one of the few leaders on the Alliance who doesn't roll over for the Horde and shows some spine?

As much as Sylvanas fanboys fantasize about making Genn the next Garrosh, it's not gonna happen. So you can get over it.
    Well Said. Genn is not the next Garrosh. I don't think there will be a next Garrosh, but if there ever was she's sitting in his old chair up in Orgrimmar

I love when nerds get so amped up over speculation.

Deleted
    Starting a war does not make you a bad man. If he did it tho then good for him, maybe curse of the worgen slowly restores his balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Could be that Genn is the rogue element, where the rest of the Alliance are already pretty much at peace before this event.

Genn could set up the summit under pretense of a treatise with the Undead, having already taken Sylvanas' chance to enslave the Val'kyr away. With Vereesa there and unaware of his plans - Both to soothe Sylvanas and because she would likely demand to be there. But Genn has no plans of peace and attempts to assassinate Sylvanas (Or Vereesa even - "You took my son, now I take your sister" kind of deal) and Vereesa steps in and ends up getting killed instead. In that moment, Vereesa sees what Sylvanas has seen in the Alliance ever since joining the Horde and forgives her, but asks her not to turn her undead.

I could see this being completely plausible.
    i really dont see two sides to all this, gilneas is occupied and and his line was ended with the death of his son.
    as the king of the gilneans, if he isnt working toward complete genocide of the undead then he isn't doing his job.

No, I doubt Genn lit it himself, he may have sparked what causes the Horde to do it in the 1st place. That I can see.

Deleted
    No Greymane wouldn't burn down where many of his people live regardless of need. He might not be a great leader but he does put his people above all else.

In a sensible story the siege of Lorderon would be first. There are more agitators for war in the Allaince AND the Horde is weaker via the recent civil war (it's ridiculous anyone in the Horde would want war). It would be the perfect time for Greymane or Jiana to force the Alliances hand and attack. But no it's been confirmed the Horde are the aggressors.