Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    how is that a terrible discovery?
    Because the very thing that sustains everything in their life... is dying?

And a massive fucking "Come get me sign" to every evil in the cosmos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly it's Anduin was the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Human nature is to fight over resources. Not unite over their scarcity.
    Good thing we have:
    Tauren who would want to save the planet.
    Trolls who care about nature and spirituality more than war.
    Orcs who are diminished in number since SoO and probably aren't as receptive to Garrosh like plans.
    Goblins who would like to keep making money thanks.
    Undead who hmm...
    Blood elves who know wars over resources like this don't end well.
    Pandaren who obviously.
    Night Elves who are always nature first.
    Dwarves whose recently resurrected leader is one with the planet!
    Gnomes who have some brains.
    Worgen who hmmm......
    Draenei who would definitely unite for the planet.

Good thing Azeroth's factions have all these other races that would have something to say about the planet being wounded instead of more pointless fighting. /sarcasm
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Talking about slavery purely in the context of the Warcraft universe is fine, let's just avoid real-world politics and inflammatory comparisons. As long as the debate stays in the confines of WoW and is (mostly) relevant to the thread topic it's fine.
    okay good to know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    allot of text
    To respond to your posts.
    Because i know you and you will turn this into a 10 page response. In witch you twist words and not respond to all my points or go into things that are not related etc, so ill make my stance very clear.

As far as i know from the wiki's + game + books. Forsaken hate/dislike the idea of slavery and enforcing will via slavery on other people.

Sylvanna's goes to get the supreme val'kyr to get a infinite supply of them. To ress her people she says. Her people have been ressed allot ( and some new forsaken to). But non of those times a val'kyr died ressing them. Only with real powerful resses they die. She still has several val'kyr. If they do not die giving the forsaken new baby's ( fresh forsaken) why does she need them. To ress someone as powerful as her.
    This means in effected that the only lore reason we have seen so far that the only died ressing sylvannas. So my question if you have enough to ress you people but not enough to ress her...for who are the new resses??

And it might not mean they extent their cornerstone of free will....but i would find this weird. As being freed is the whole thing they where so happy about after the lich king. And if they did not extent the feeling towards other races...still does not mean they like it. And yes the shadow council was only partly not happy with it. But if they represent their faction, their will be more people who not agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    i understand that but why such a thing would ignite a war like never before instead of uniting the factions
    Because of allied partnerships.

Zandalar and Horde team up... Considering you got a problem with a bunch of Blood Trolls and an accidental Titanic creature locked up in Uldir that these trolls are following... And why the Horde and Zandalar pair up, to kick these Blood Trolls arses. Mistaken motives and observations from the Alliance are gonna inbound just like Genn Greymane with Sylvanas and Varian's death, his version of events will ring out when neither side will exactly have a World Peace conference to iron those out.

Seems pretty obvious with that bone thrown in.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-13 at 11:06 PM.

It's a novel so it won't be anything particularly important. It'll create just enough drama to make the internal character mini-arcs work but not disrupt the Warcraft narrative in any way.

Or maybe Sylvanas will doink Wrathion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And it might not mean they extent their cornerstone of free will....but i would find this weird. As being freed is the whole thing they where so happy about after the lich king. And if they did not extent the feeling towards other races...still does not mean they like it. And yes the shadow council was only partly not happy with it. But if they represent their faction, their will be more people who not agree with it.
    The Forsaken concept of "free will" is hypocritical as fuck. Free will only applies to Forsaken members. They flip their shit if their mind is enslaved. But they are perfectly content enslaving others if it advances their own agenda.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Help, im losing 1% of my hp every year ! Hurry heroes !"
    Well, what's its health pool? I'll cast rejuv, it will be fine.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "It was pandaren all along !"
    You might be right, anduin believed that Tedrassil event was done by the horde and sylvanas tried to protect UC from the revenge of the alliance,in the end we will learn that the true enemy was Nomi all along ! NOMI DID TEDRASSIL ! Nomi is a Void Lord

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Probably azerite and its destructive potential, and what it means to leave such power in the hands of the enemy.
    This. I believe the discovery has to do with the Silithus Scar and Azerite.

They discovered Classic servers are coming out, and now the factions are fighting over whether it should be pure vanilla or vanilla with some QoL changes and streamlining.

Deleted
    They found Med'an and now they're throwing him like a hot potato (no Teldrassil pun intended).

.....in stormheim...she tried to enslave the val'kyr.
    Point 1: enslaving is against the code of the forsaken!! look it up on all the wow wiki's
    point 2: And that is more for herself. A val'kyr can ress low people like us hero's. But someone like sylvannas it takes several val'kyr sacrificing themselves to ress her...again look it up on ANY wow wiki.

Look it up. play the game...i have even linked it in this thread....Its in the books 2!!
    Being enslaved is against the code of the forsaken. We have no problem enslaving leper gnomes and in that reguard, anything else that needs enslaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The Forsaken concept of "free will" is hypocritical as fuck. Free will only applies to Forsaken members. They flip their shit if their mind is enslaved. But they are perfectly content enslaving others if it advances their own agenda.
    So, every single nation in WoW. We’ve had this conversation before
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Sylvanas discovered that Nathanos was cheating on her with Tyrande, and she burned Teldrassil.
    Well that's just all kinds of wrong.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Gnomes thought it was a good idea to detonate a nuke in their capital.

"Night Elves who are always nature first."
    No, that is not what they are about. I hate it that people always have this idea.
    They live in a gigantic tree not because they like nature but because they like the magic. All elves are like that.
    So the plan of a single insane gnome using something that they haven't tested extensively in a desperate situation is a representation of the rest of the race? Also wouldn't this indicate that the Gnomes would be against using a volatile unknown substance in the faction war after suffering from something similar and losing their capital in the process?

So the race of Night Elves that is comprised of a majority of Druids, that is lead by Malfurion Stormrage, an Archdruid, is also co-lead by Tyrande Whisperwind, priestess and chosen of Elune who's a central god of night elf faith that highly regards and influences nature, who risked their lives trying to cleanse the corruption in Val'sharah, regularly fight for the forests of Ashenvale, fought for the protection of Hyjal, extremely keen to bring back nature to places like Desolace and you're trying to tell me they don't care about nature first and that they live in a tree because magic? Yeah sure buddy. You're thinking of the Highborne who the Night Elves specifically want to distance themselves from. Why else do you think the Night Elves regard Blood Elves, High Elves and Nightborne with such disdain.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    its azerite.

Formerly known as Arafal

To respond to your posts.
    Because i know you and you will turn this into a 10 page response. In witch you twist words and not respond to all my points or go into things that are not related etc, so ill make my stance very clear.
    Crying about me writing longer responses (not really, but whatever) that are this long because I go over your responses point by point, yet claiming that I don't respond to all of your points is just a pathetically weak cop out on your part, nothing else. And really, I go into things that are not related? Care to elaborate like I did (like how the topic of slavery means squat in regards to your claim how her going after Eyir means she doesn't care about the Forsaken), or are you just going to shitpost?

As far as i know from the wiki's + game + books. Forsaken hate/dislike the idea of slavery and enforcing will via slavery on other people.
    Which still proves absolute shit in regards to your claim that Sylvanas going after Eyir means she only did it for herself. Do the Forsaken need to like the mean of securing their future that Sylvanas comes up with for it to count as Sylvanas wanting to secure their future? Not really, because logic is a thing and logic says those are separate issues.

Sylvanna's goes to get the supreme val'kyr to get a infinite supply of them. To ress her people she says. Her people have been ressed allot ( and some new forsaken to). But non of those times a val'kyr died ressing them. Only with real powerful resses they die. She still has several val'kyr. If they do not die giving the forsaken new baby's ( fresh forsaken) why does she need them. To ress someone as powerful as her.

This means in effected that the only lore reason we have seen so far that the only died ressing sylvannas. So my question if you have enough to ress you people but not enough to ress her...for who are the new resses??
    Again, point a single instance of a Forsaken that was died already as a Forsaken, then got resurrected by Sylvanas' Val'kyr again. Otherwise you're talking out of your ass. Because the only thing we've seen them resurrecting were fresh bodies that were not resurrected before. And also again, Sylvanas' plan for the Forsaken revolves around making them immune to decay like she did for Nathanos. That ritual severely weakened her Val'kyr, who knows if not permanently. If not, who knows how long she needs to recuperate afterwards. So having more Val'kyr helps there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Crying about me writing longer responses (not really, but whatever) that are this long because I go over your responses point by point, yet claiming that I don't respond to all of your points is just a pathetically weak cop out on your part, nothing else. And really, I go into things that are not related? Care to elaborate like I did (like how the topic of slavery means squat in regards to your claim how her going after Eyir means she doesn't care about the Forsaken), or are you just going to shitpost?

Which still proves absolute shit in regards to your claim that Sylvanas going after Eyir means she only did it for herself. Do the Forsaken need to like the mean of securing their future that Sylvanas comes up with for it to count as Sylvanas wanting to secure their future? Not really, because logic is a thing and logic says those are separate issues.

Again, point a single instance of a Forsaken that was died already as a Forsaken, then got resurrected by Sylvanas' Val'kyr again. Otherwise you're talking out of your ass. Because the only thing we've seen them resurrecting were fresh bodies that were not resurrected before. And also again, Sylvanas' plan for the Forsaken revolves around making them immune to decay like she did for Nathanos. That ritual severely weakened her Val'kyr, who knows if not permanently. If not, who knows how long she needs to recuperate afterwards. So having more Val'kyr helps there.
    ....did not say i am crying about that. Just saying..you make them longer and longer and then you make missteps or forgot stuff. Or ignore the stuff we are talking about and that does not help with the discussion. And i was not talking about this post/thread.. I have had run ins with you before. And you went on and on and forgot what we where talking about and side stepped points of mine. ( i know by typing this you will keep responding sadly ). And kinda sad you talk about people like this. But i know you...you can be rude like this

As for sylvanna's going af eyir.....i did the math for you...but ill do it again.
    5 val'kyr = unlimited resses for the forsaken
    5 val'kyr = 1 ress for sylvannas

So for who is it again...can not make it simpler then this.
    Their future is already secure with the 5 val'kyr they have....so??

And yes eternal life weakens and kills val'kyr...but was my OP about all the benefits of val'kyr??? Nope it was about her needing more to ress them....
    As for as i can find lore wise...the only val'kyr that died , died because they ressed sylvanna's..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Being enslaved is against the code of the forsaken. We have no problem enslaving leper gnomes and in that reguard, anything else that needs enslaving.
    Free will is a cornerstone of forsaken:

Definition of free will

1 :voluntary choice or decision I do this of my own free will
    2 :freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or by divine intervention

free will
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    free and independent choice; voluntary decision:
    You took on the responsibility of your own free will.
    Philosophy. the doctrine that the conduct of human beings expresses personal choice and is not simply determined by physical or divine forces.

cornerstone
    A cornerstone is literally a stone at the corner of a building. It’s an important stone, so it also means “the basic part of something,” as in, the cornerstone of the suffragette movement was getting women the right to vote.

Primary Meanings of
    cornerstone
    n
    a stone at the outer corner of two intersecting masonry walls
    n
    the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained

So if the cornerstone of the forsaken is free will;

The core beliefs the forsaken are build upon, is that free will is 1 of the most important aspects of the culture......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Yup i agree. And its not that well written in WoW.

But i am just discussing with this people how i see the marriage between real life meaning of the words + the ingame lore.

And i guess i insulted them somehow with my opinion.
    Last edited by baskev; 2017-11-14 at 04:29 PM.

What does forsaken slaves has to do with anything wtf.

I agree with the guy who said that the burning of Teldrasil is related to the Nightmare/Old Gods. The Emerald Dream is gone forever and we have to cut ties with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I thought she wanted to enslave the val'kyr so that she would be able to do the same thing she did to herself and Nathanos to the rest of the Forsaken. So I'm not sure what you mean by saying "She decide her soul was more worth then her people."
    I agree, I actually took that as the opposite. I figured the deal was going to be "You get the valkyr, I get your soul when you eventually die."