Poll: Will Classic have same feeling as Vanilla?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    And this is bad ... why?
    There's no skill requirement. It's just guilds account sharing to get the amount of time required to hit Rank 13-14 on a single character and then rotating in another character.

I only got up to First Sergeant in Classic before burning out and giving up. I know a lot of people used to PVP like it was a fulltime job and still only managed to hit like Rank 10.

If that's your idea of fun, I guess go for it. I've got a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's no skill requirement. It's just guilds account sharing to get the amount of time required to hit Rank 13-14 on a single character and then rotating in another character.
    Because right now you require so much skill, right?

I only got up to First Sergeant in Classic before burning out and giving up. I know a lot of people used to PVP like it was a fulltime job and still only managed to hit like Rank 10.
    And again, this is bad how? If everyone is High Warlord, no one is. I mean seriously, how hard is it to understand that participation ribbons aren't fun for everyone either.
    You like to get those? Great! I don't.
    If that's your idea of fun, I guess go for it. I've got a life.
    Is there someone who forces you to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    My only concern is the questing. Having to "Thotbott" aka Wowhead all the quest will suck again. Was never a fan of that
    If you think there are no quest helper addons for Vanilla WoW, think again.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It just dawned on me - there are no addons for classic wow anymore...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How do you mean? If you mean the original, then the addons are still available. Just need to get an older version. However, we have no idea if those will be compatible with the new Classic WoW.

I'm sure there will be a full set within a week of release.

15+ Year Old Account
    And again, this is bad how? If everyone is High Warlord, no one is. I mean seriously, how hard is it to understand that participation ribbons aren't fun for everyone either.
    All being High Warlord means is that you had a bunch of people sharing the character so it could spend more time inside of BGs than anyone else.

It's like if the Academy Award for Best Screenplay went to the movie with the longest script instead of the movie with the best script. You could win by just having people spend a year taking turns typing jibberish into one long text file.

Of course it won't. You can only do something ONCE for the first time.

I already know Azeroth like the back of my hand, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy wasting my youth in it all over again.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you mean? If you mean the original, then the addons are still available. Just need to get an older version. However, we have no idea if those will be compatible with the new Classic WoW.
    The people who made them are probably not going back to resurrect them. And even if you get an old version there will be no support or updates, so any changes Blizz does will ruin old versions of addons
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm sure there will be a full set within a week of release.
    It won't be the same as vanilla.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The people who made them are probably not going back to resurrect them. And even if you get an old version there will be no support or updates, so any changes Blizz does will ruin old versions of addons
    Oh my. You're not very familiar with the private server scene are you. There's a very vibrant add-on community

All being High Warlord means is that you had a bunch of people sharing the character so it could spend more time inside of BGs than anyone else.
    Yes. Because you compete against everyone else on your server. It was easier on lower population servers by the way. Higher the competition, higher the price, you have to pay to achieve it. It's an MMO, not a single player game where you just have to reach some fixed amount of some PvP points.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need the exact same feeling it gives a similar feeling is what matters, I've been playing on vanilla servers for awhile now and I still get fun and enjoyment and yearn to play more.
    Which proves that its all rose-tinted googles and just nostalgia is wrong, nostalgia may play a factor but its not what keeps me going it would wear off in the first few hours more then likely but instead I've been playing for over a year on various servers even though I've started over from scratch multiple times I still get enjoyment.

Overall the feeling doesn't matter at all its whether you're getting enjoyment, fulfillment and in general just having a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Of course it won't. You can only do something ONCE for the first time.

I already know Azeroth like the back of my hand, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy wasting my youth in it all over again.
    This is only true if you have played every aspect of the game. Back in vanilla I played on Horde, primarily as an Undead Mage, which is why this time around I will be playing a Night Elf Warrior. I want Classic to feel new again, at least for levelling up in the open world, so picking a class and faction that I didn't play back in Vanilla will hopefully achieve that to some extent.

Yes there are. Private server players still use 1.12.1 addons and some content creators like Shagu still make addons to this day.

Deleted
    Fun, personal facts:

*) It will feel the same _to me_, as I haven't changed much as a person since I first played WoW. Not everyone playing Vanilla were teenagers...

*) Graphics will be fine. Go watch Bajheera's stream right now, as he is chain running BRD as part of Project 60. The reason many remember the graphics as bad was apparently often that many didn't have computers powerful enough to run the game back then with all the details the game *did* have cranked up to max.

*) I still get the Vanilla vibes just going into BRD, this despite being able to evaporate the whole place in a single GCD. Same thing with the outdoor zones on private servers. YMMV.

I realize that Vanilla won't be the same at all for me. I mean the awe I had will not be there probably. Sure some places still hold that feeling, but most do not. Still as @FrozenNorth said... I was already a grown man with his own house and a good job when I played Vanilla. I do not think I have changed. My life has changed though. I won't have as much time as I would like to dedicate to vanilla now. But I accept that.
    The class has no secrets for me. I will most def. play a better paladin then I had before.
    What does vanilla bring for me then?
    1. difficulty
    2. danger
    3. not everything handed to you on a silver platter
    4. prestige
    5. community
    6. the old world (uncorrupted)
    7. immersion from various things
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2017-11-14 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will have the same feeling like playing any old game from my Steam lib. Old but gold.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

I never expected to experience the exact same feelings.. I want to play a version of the game that I love and make new lame memories with all the other vanilla guys and gals
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

That's such a pointless poll. Feelings are what you have, not what games do. Will you have the same feelings playing a game now that you did over a decade ago? Unlikely. But it has nothing to do with us living in a different year, but rather with approaches we have towards gaming.

From my experiences on Feenix, Nostalrius, Kronos and Elysium/Lights Hope, it has the right feeling. Nothings ever the same as the first time you did it, but I spent 10% of my playing time adventuring and discovering. The other 90% was incredibly fun and can be replicated.