Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Playing video games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Guys seriously, do you not remember how bad it really was.
    Get the fuck off of the Classic Forum if that's all that you have to add! Nobody cares.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Yeah, it's years in the future.
    It's rather pointless to get exited now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Classic will hit at the content drought of next xpack: 4th quarter of 2019.
    IMHO, that will allow Blizzard to gain the most benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, it's years in the future.
    It's rather pointless to get exited now.
    Years isn't confirmed, they said themselves that it could be months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Is it that difficult for you to keep up? You said they don't even know wtf to do, It's proven wrong. Their main task is infrastructure of which they already some in place, Design questions don't take 3 years.
    You're just being obtuse on purpose, eh? They need infrastructure to run a vanilla-like version that is up to their standards, integrates with Battle.net (probably) and has all the security or bugfix tweaks they'll need to actually, you know... launch. Then they need the design questions. Then they'll need to implement content (based on design questions they hopefully would have figured out by that point). Then test, probably with some sort of PTRs. Refine. Launch (with a window that doesn't interfere with their marketing plans for the main game).

I don't want to keep repeating myself, so I'll let you believe whatever you want, if Classic launches in 6 months, I'll eat my proverbial hat. But it clearly won't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Many of you are going to be shocked by how fast it goes live lol.

Late spring to summer 2018.

Will be during "content drought" Legion, pre BfA.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

They have no team in place nor have they announced what they will include on the classic realms. If they follow the pattern of releasing expacs about a year after announced we will see BoA next fall and they will only release the classic realms during a content draught in the main game.

I’d say were looking at a release 16-18 months from now. At best.
    Last edited by babyback; 2017-11-14 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They won't release it before BFA because they won't want them to compete with eachother - you can bet we won't get it until at least late BFA when people are having the content drought
    BFA is at least like 9 months away. So it coming out in 6months doesn't effect BFA, 3 months of classic is more than enough for it to die down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Kinda my feelings rn..

I honestly dont think they can wait 2 years.
    I am sure they know they can't sleep on the opportunity once it has been announced. I doubt they will wait on the next dust bowl to drop it, it's well known that major patch releases bring people back, but not for long. With a Classic option they could hold people longer with something to do between minor, and major patches.

I think it will come sooner than people think.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You're just being obtuse on purpose, eh? They need infrastructure to run a vanilla-like version that is up to their standards, integrates with Battle.net (probably) and has all the security or bugfix tweaks they'll need to actually, you know... launch. Then they need the design questions. Then they'll need to implement content (based on design questions they hopefully would have figured out by that point). Then test, probably with some sort of PTRs. Refine. Launch (with a window that doesn't interfere with their marketing plans for the main game).

I don't want to keep repeating myself, so I'll let you believe whatever you want, if Classic launches in 6 months, I'll eat my proverbial hat. But it clearly won't.
    Obtuse? First you say they don't even know how to implement classic wow (Proven wrong), Then you say it'll take 3 years (Longer than an expac takes to create and impliment).

You don't know jack, Don't have a leg to stand on yet you keep mumbling the same thing over and over, It's pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    BFA is at least like 9 months away. So it coming out in 6months doesn't effect BFA, 3 months of classic is more than enough for it to die down.
    BfA will probably be late 2018. As in Nov / Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Maybe, no one knows, safe bet is that it's atleast 9 months away. No point in going into more specifics than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    With BfA I could see them aiming for a July - September launch window, with 7 - 9 months of beta testing starting in January (iirc they did state that's when BfA beta starts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    With BfA I could see them aiming for a July - September launch window, with 7 - 9 months of beta testing starting in January (iirc they did state that's when BfA beta starts.)
    They said early 2018, which could be anytime April or sooner. And beta testing as far as I recall, is about 6 months.

Stole this topic from reddit I guess but honestly..

Finding/reading/saving the old 60 levelling guides
    Fiddling in vanilla talent calculators to figured out optimal levelling speccs
    Reading up to remind me of the racials (Alliance 10% rep is probably too good to give up)
    Listening to podcasts about it
    Watching the old Roguecraft series and other old vids
    Debating vs playing the rogue I always was (too many rogues) vs just being a Warrior MT (skippin the endless hours of LFM ... need tank)
    Trying to recurt friends to play same Server/Faction

I'm guessing it will be anywhere from 6-18 months until this happens but I am already way too excited.
    I'm considdering trying Elysium for my hype fix.. But I remember I played Nostalrius and stuff just felt off.
    And the haunting feeling of all my hours of work can just dissapear in a moments notice always demotivated me from being dedicated on a priv. server..

So what are you guys doing until a release date is announced?
    BfA releases in 2018, most likely fall. Its dead time will be during spring/summer 2020, this is when Classic will open. Not before, not after.

Reading up to remind me of the racials (Alliance 10% rep is probably too good to give up)
    Debating vs playing the rogue I always was (too many rogues) vs just being a Warrior MT (skippin the endless hours of LFM ... need tank)

I'm guessing it will be anywhere from 6-18 months until this happens but I am already way too excited.
    I'm considdering trying Elysium for my hype fix.. But I remember I played Nostalrius and stuff just felt off.
    And the haunting feeling of all my hours of work can just dissapear in a moments notice always demotivated me from being dedicated on a priv. server..

I would honestly say away from talent calcs. Just between the start of vanilla and the end the talents changed SOOOO many times that until you know what build they are going with there is no way to know what build is good. You always have to remember that when a single talent in vanilla changed it tended to throw the whole works into the furnace.

Playing on Elysium is awesome. Server feels great, crazy high pop. Would recommend you hop on and at least level a few classes up to 20 just to get back in the groove

Deleted
    I will just let it happen when it happens - worked for the announcement too. I will not waste my nostalgia on some private server till then, it will be glorious to level and gear up the first char using my own knowledge from over a decade ago.

I would expect it around the 4th quarter of 2019, at the very least. You have a lot of time to wait.