Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    azerite gear cant WF/TF

there wont be legendaries

and trinkets have nothing to do with azerite

or am i missing your point?
    this wasnt good examples. i want say: as long as azerithe stuff just straight and obviously gets better and better, without being influenced or combined with other stuff, its fine. but when blizz let you decide HOW azerithe stuff is getting stronger and combine this with other stuff, it will produce the same mess like all that things we have in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That’s also true.

One thing we do know is that ILVL affects the traits in azerite gear. The better the ilvl, the better the traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh no. All of the traits will not be utility based. Heart of azeroth will be, not the azerite armor.
    And after this interview, I think we can assume that the source of the item effects it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this wasnt good examples. i want say: as long as azerithe stuff just straight and obviously gets better and better, without being influenced or combined with other stuff, its fine. but when blizz let you decide HOW azerithe stuff is getting stronger and combine this with other stuff, it will produce the same mess like all that things we have in Legion.
    they already said that higher ilvl= better azerite traits

that in and of itself should end the whole "i have to equip lower ilvl pieces for the setbonus" debate entirely.

and having to think about how you're going to gear and what pieces to equip isnt inherently a bad thing, in fact it's a good thing.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    That’s also true.

One thing we do know is that ILVL affects the traits in azerite gear. The better the ilvl, the better the traits.
    unless these raid drops give unique traits you can't get anywhere out side of raiding, thoes petty 1 % difference is not enough incentive

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    What do you mean? You're saying that mythic+ will only be dropping azerite gear? You're saying that there will not be a non-azerite helm in any of the mythic+ dungeons which can TF up to insane levels and thus be BIS?

Either the 'talents' in the azerite gear will be so lackluster that you're willing to drop them for a titanforged raid/mythic+ drop, or they will be like tier bonuses are right now and the talents will make any azerite piece better than the TF drop you just got - *exactly* like set bonuses/TF is now.

Titanforging is the problem, I don't know why they didn't just cap it at 5/10 levels like everyone said they should.
    I think you’re misunderstanding the system.

Helmet, shoulders and chest will not titanforge. They will ONLY be azerite armor. The azerite armor in turn will not titanforge as well. There will be nothing to replace the azerite gear with.

What do you mean? You're saying that mythic+ will only be dropping azerite gear? You're saying that there will not be a non-azerite helm in any of the mythic+ dungeons which can TF up to insane levels and thus be BIS?

Either the 'talents' in the azerite gear will be so lackluster that you're willing to drop them for a titanforged raid/mythic+ drop, or they will be like tier bonuses are right now and the talents will make any azerite piece better than the TF drop you just got - *exactly* like set bonuses/TF is now.

Titanforging is the problem, I don't know why they didn't just cap it at 5/10 levels like everyone said they should.
    You're assuming there will be non azurite head/chest/shoulders, its more likely that ALL head/chest/shoulders will be azurite. Still doesn't change that fact that even though they call it "Titanforged" now, it's still a base ilvl for a rank of m+. The M+ cap at the time will ALWAYS give heroic gear or higher, and the chest will ALWAYS give Mythic or higher level gear.

Just remove the TF and you'll see how it will be. Finish a M+10 and it would be a 915 M+10 piece instead of a Titanforged M+10 piece.

Okay and that 915 piece will still be worse than my heroic 930 azerite piece/mythic 945 piece.

If you don’t mythic raid next expac than you’ll have worse gear than someone who does. Period.
    Have they said that mythic+ will not be dropping gear able to titanforge? Or that mythic+ will only drop gear up to a specific item level?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    unless these raid drops give unique traits you can't get anywhere out side of raiding, thoes petty 1 % difference is not enough incentive
    Where’d you get that number from? Did you pull it out of your ass? Looks like it. Show me how you know it’ll only be a 1% difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Nobody does that anymore, nobody has since TBC. That is never coming back because nobody cares that much about WoW to look up to people, and it was even rare in vanilla. I did it a total of once, i didn't think anything of the player either, just wanted the look.
    you haven't done that since TBC. you don't care that much about WoW to look up to people, and it was not rare in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    I think this is the intention behind this system. Keep the bonuses, but as a workaround.

Have they said that mythic+ will not be dropping gear able to titanforge? Or that mythic+ will only drop gear up to a specific item level?
    I’m not sure why you keep making this harder to understand.

Azerite gear will not titanforge. Helmet, chest and shoulders are all going to be azerite pieces. They can not titanforge. It’s that simple. You can upgrade your azerite gear by getting better pieces but they will be static. If you get a heroic chest, it’s a heroic chest. If you get a mythic chest, it’s a mythic chest.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-15 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Nobody does that anymore, nobody has since TBC. That is never coming back because nobody cares that much about WoW to look up to people, and it was even rare in vanilla. I did it a total of once, i didn't think anything of the player either, just wanted the look.
    I guess i haven't evolved with the times. Raiding is dead to me because all i want is that feeling.
    Not going to say retail sucks but it just isn't for me anymore then.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-15 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    you haven't done that since TBC. you don't care that much about WoW to look up to people, and it was not rare in vanilla.
    Showing off gear died the day transmog was added. I love transmog but that's the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You're assuming there will be non azurite head/chest/shoulders, its more likely that ALL head/chest/shoulders will be azurite. Still doesn't change that fact that even though they call it "Titanforged" now, it's still a base ilvl for a rank of m+. The M+ cap at the time will ALWAYS give heroic gear or higher, and the chest will ALWAYS give Mythic or higher level gear.

Just remove the TF and you'll see how it will be. Finish a M+10 and it would be a 915 M+10 piece instead of a Titanforged M+10 piece.
    So....you *could* get your BIS from the mythic+ then, as it could be equivalent item level to a mythic raid item? What's with people saying mythic raids will be the *only* source of BIS suddenly because of this change/azerite gear? As far as I can see, the overall 'system' remains basically unchanged...except now you will be using non-tier (you'll still have a boss which drops your BIS helm, just like the boss now drops the tier token for a helm)

- - - Updated - - -

I think you’re misunderstanding the system.

Helmet, shoulders and chest will not titanforge. They will ONLY be azerite armor. The azerite armor in turn will not titanforge as well. There will be nothing to replace the azerite gear with.
    And azerite helm/shoulders/chest can only drop in raids? There will be no helms/chests/shoulders in mythic+? That is what people seem to be saying because they're saying 'well, now your BIS will always come from raids', and I'm not seeing how?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Where’d you get that number from? Did you pull it out of your ass? Looks like it. Show me how you know it’ll only be a 1% difference.
    better yet it won't even be 1% with the weekly chest giving guaranteed mythic level drop, the difference is 0%.

and your dedication in defending blizz is touching

So....you *could* get your BIS from the mythic+ then, as it could be equivalent item level to a mythic raid item? What's with people saying mythic raids will be the *only* source of BIS suddenly because of this change/azerite gear? As far as I can see, the overall 'system' remains basically unchanged...except now you will be using non-tier (you'll still have a boss which drops your BIS helm, just like the boss now drops the tier token for a helm)

- - - Updated - - -

And azerite helm/shoulders/chest can only drop in raids? There will be no helms/chests/shoulders in mythic+? That is what people seem to be saying because they're saying 'well, now your BIS will always come from raids', and I'm not seeing how?
    We have no idea if the mythic+ weekly chest is carrying over. We have no idea if azerite gear only comes from raids. We have no idea if mythic+ is even going to scale the same way.

So, from the info we have now, we can say our BiS comes from raids. Until they give any other information that’s all we know.

I’m not sure why you keep making this harder to understand.

Azerite gear will not titanforge. Helmet, chest and shoulders are all going to be azerite pieces. They can not titanforge. It’s that simple. You can upgrade your azerite gear by getting better pieces but they will be static. If you get a heroic chest, it’s a heroic chest. If you get a mythic chest, it’s a mythic chest.
    yes, I understand this. Look at who I am replying to and what I was replying to. I'm not making it harder to understand, you're not reading what I'm saying or replying to. (go read the mythic+ vs raid item level discussion a few pages back)

Person A said - Well now your BIS will always be from raids, my mythic raid helm will always be better than your mythic+ helm!

Why is that the case? Are there no helms dropping in the new mythic+s? Go and read the original comment I replied to and what they said.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you're more likely to have your BiS pieces come from dungeons over raids because there's just MORE loot that comes from dungeons. Your more likely to get better itemized gear with the right talent from M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Because , as it is stated, the items can have stuff comparable to a set bonus. If you read the last sentence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lots of Blizzard zombies out tonight mindlessly defending Blizzard's drivel. Personally, I find it fascinating.