Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Ideally the features added afterwards would be added as they were in the same time frame as they were originally. Then, after a time vanilla characters would rollover into burning crusade characters which would do the same, they would roll over into wrath, so on and so forth.

I am in favor of giving an option to use more modern graphics though. As long as you can choose to see the world as it was, I don't care if someone else is using higher res models. Everything else was a strong no from me though.
    This makes sense for some things (Raid instances, large dungeons) but I don't see any real benefit in delaying the STV fishing and Arena events, Darkmoon faire, Weather effects, or the BGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to see results when the poll ends, and see if Blizzard makes an official post with it.

With the questions like, multiplayer exp, flying, LFR, is asked so they can shove it in ppls faces when they ask and show em that 95% of ppl DONT want it, so they can drop the topic.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Heh, google account required. That'll ensure accuracy.

Most of the questions are pretty dumb ... the only useful question seems to be which patch the game should reflect (which is a question every private server had to tackle as well).
    Someone make a more meaningful survey if you care so much about this {if blizzard really required this information they’d ask for it themselves - there’s an official classic forum after all) - preferably someone who can spell Naxxramas. This survey is just embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Heh, google account required. That'll ensure accuracy.
    Yeah didn’t take the survey because I cba logging into google for this shit. Surveymonkey or sth like that or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Most of the questions are pretty dumb ... the only useful question seems to be which patch the game should reflect (which is a question every private server had to tackle as well).
    Someone make a more meaningful survey if you care so much about this {if blizzard really required this information they’d ask for it themselves - there’s an official classic forum after all) - preferably someone who can spell Naxxramas. This survey is just embarrassing.
    Okay gramps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Ideally the features added afterwards would be added as they were in the same time frame as they were originally. Then, after a time vanilla characters would rollover into burning crusade characters which would do the same, they would roll over into wrath, so on and so forth.

I am in favor of giving an option to use more modern graphics though. As long as you can choose to see the world as it was, I don't care if someone else is using higher res models. Everything else was a strong no from me though.
    But...why though...the point of a classic server I thought was that those people just want to keep playing Classic. How do progressive servers let you do anything but lead up to Retail again but in a slower format? Why not just release the game as it was at the final toll of the bell and let the kids play in their pool. You're never going to recreate the release/launch schedule and progression of the first vanilla, it's not gonna happen, things will play out differently, people are older, wiser, know better, and have every resource at their fingertips. I'm all for nostalgia and I agree that Vanilla WoW in it's state does not exist as a retail experience and thus needed to be recreated for some. But why... is this being made for no other reason than to divide the arguably small community into an even smaller collective by making a vanilla/bc/wrath/cata/etc divide exist.

It seems...counter productive?

I too favored the 'Let new graphics be an option but older toggled by default' option. There are some very vicious purists going on a warpath on social media and I really don't care for their viewpoint. It's like their life is static, nothing ever changes and the barest whiff of a change even if it's improvement, scares them into anger. There were missteps with retail, those are the large things I want rolled back, lfg/lfr, flying. Everything else I'm all for making this into a Directors cut of the first Iteration of WoW. If they throw tantrums after that and still pirate and host private servers, sod em! I hope they get taken to court.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2017-11-15 at 08:33 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    But...why though...the point of a classic server I thought was that those people just want to keep playing Classic. How do progressive servers let you do anything but lead up to Retail again but in a slower format? Why not just release the game as it was at the final toll of the bell and let the kids play in their pool. You're never going to recreate the release/launch schedule and progression of the first vanilla, it's not gonna happen, things will play out differently, people are older, wiser, know better, and have every resource at their fingertips. I'm all for nostalgia and I agree that Vanilla WoW in it's state does not exist as a retail experience and thus needed to be recreated for some. But why... is this being made for no other reason than to divide the arguably small community into an even smaller collective by making a vanilla/bc/wrath/cata/etc divide exist.

It seems...counter productive?
    Some people want to play Vanilla but realize that they'll get bored of doing the exact same dungeons and raids forever, and would prefer to be able to relevantly visit later dungeons and the like.

Others like Vanilla but like BC or Wrath more, and so would like to work through those early expansions one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Yeah didn’t take the survey because I cba logging into google for this shit. Surveymonkey or sth like that or gtfo.
    The whole point is they want stats that are at least difficult to bot and rig.
    Ironically, unlike Vanilla. Ahh, the bot's running around searing gorge.

Deleted
    Well, it's quite obvious that most people interested in it are PvPers. Majority want none of the dungeons and raids, but they do want the BGs. I won't be rolling on Classic, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Some people want to play Vanilla but realize that they'll get bored of doing the exact same dungeons and raids forever, and would prefer to be able to relevantly visit later dungeons and the like.

Others like Vanilla but like BC or Wrath more, and so would like to work through those early expansions one by one.
    But that's my entire point, they're not going to be able to experience everything with the community so scattered and individualized like that through the time frame, the raids won't be doable if the first large wave of people has moved onto BC and some people have started vanilla with only a bare handful of 60's not invested in raiding or doing anything else left, thus creating a ruined experience for those coming in later down the line. It's a wonky idea.

In the end all you've got left is a progressive leveling system that leads back into retail after years of re-releases.

Deleted
    It's a joke. Members of the community crying for WoW Classic for years. When its finally been announced you don't actually want the classic experience. We want classic but not classic an updated bug free classic...THATS NOT CLASSIC

A glaring issue with this poll is it doesn't differentiate between Horde and Alliance players, which is frankly necessary when it comes to the additional flight paths question in particular. Horde has vastly superior transport while leveling. Zeppelins factor heavily into that, but it's also FP location. There are multiple zones Alliance only has one FP whereas Horde have two, like STV and Ashenvale both of which only received additional flight paths in BC.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    It's a joke. Members of the community crying for WoW Classic for years. When its finally been announced you don't actually want the classic experience. We want classic but not classic an updated bug free classic...THATS NOT CLASSIC
    Why would people want bugs? Common now.

I dont like that ppl want arathi basin open on launch.. it had some sick rep rewards wich will outshine dungeons and even some raid rewards.

WTF?!?! ppl want 10man ubrs?!?! please no.... and... 5man strat/scholo :<
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2017-11-15 at 08:47 AM.

Haha, if you think this survey will be analyzed basing on what answer got highest votes you are in for surprise.

I see some smart preparation of questions here, but I won't say more to not ruin Blizzard's plan. Everybody, just try to answer most honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Welp shit changes, funnily enough, alot of people play versions of their old favorites with updated graphics and improvements quite happily, if you want to play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on your old mega drive complete with a CRT TV that's on you.

I'm gonna play it emulated on my steam account, with the Sonic 3 Complete mod installed running nice and smooth and with all the niggling glitches and problems with it fixed and polished. And I'll do it with a smile.

It's a preference, and as with everything, you're going to have to deal with the fact that people have them. This over-purist nonsense is actually really sad. There were problems with vanilla, nothing overt needs to be changed, but some people are defending the wall climbing rubbish. LIKE, I KNOW FOR A FACT, that was NOT intended, if they fix that. I'm on their side. If they let you pick the new character models as a choice, I'm defending them, If they include the darkmoon faire and several dungeons that were yet to be released on launch, I'm defending them. IF THEY LET YOU DO THE AQ EVENT ONCE A YEAR, goddamn right I'm defending them, that once and never again bs was some kind of anus, I was shipped off to a foreign country involuntarily with no internet while that was going on. Salty? Yes. Yes I am. Preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Hey look at that, class changes shouldn't be altered from it's 1.1 state.

Survival Hunters will love to try out their new 31-point talent Lacerate.
    Well to be fair, i dont think ppl mean the realese state.

The patches in vanilla dosent follow the model we have today.

So i think ppl are confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    But that's my entire point, they're not going to be able to experience everything with the community so scattered and individualized like that through the time frame, the raids won't be doable if the first large wave of people has moved onto BC and some people have started vanilla with only a bare handful of 60's not invested in raiding or doing anything else left, thus creating a ruined experience for those coming in later down the line. It's a wonky idea.

In the end all you've got left is a progressive leveling system that leads back into retail after years of re-releases.
    Eh. Depends on how big the community is and how many serves we're talking about.

At some point down the line you are going to run into these same issues with reduced numbers being made on classic servers. People who start two years after launch are going to have a much harder time grabbing groups for dungeons along the leveling path and for entry raids than those at launch.

I'm really happy about the results of this poll

7+ Year Old Account
    76% want dishonourable kills? Fucking why? As a PvPer the one thing I never did in classic was attack faction leaders for this very reason.

Look people, some aspects of vanilla were really shit.