Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    IMHO, the questions about "When XYZ should be opened ?" are a bit tricky, the problematic thing is more about loot tables and itemization. I don't mind having Maraudon from the start, more dungeons is a better experience, but some items that drop there are too strong and make some loot in MC irrevelant. The T0.5 should be considered in that regard too. Maybe this gear should come later as a catch-up mechanic, but the dungeons should be there for the leveling experience.

I'm against balancing, AKA let's buff/nerf this spec to the ground, after 13 years of WoW existence I don't think it can be done. But let's say a few itemization here and there could make some okay-ish tanks and off-tanks druids: at least getting to the defense cap and an unmissable taunt/swipe bonus (maybe trading the Tx piece with an alternate Tx' with an agent of Cenarian Circle ?). I don't think paladin should get the treatment because the Alliance already have exclusive PVE perks.

Kind of reassuring all my big NOs are there at +90%, yeah I'm looking at you flying/LFD/LFR. For the rest of the survey, hypothetic future "classic" expansions should not be discussed this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    It's a joke. Members of the community crying for WoW Classic for years. When its finally been announced you don't actually want the classic experience. We want classic but not classic an updated bug free classic...THATS NOT CLASSIC
    Have you seen the results so far? Most people want Vanilla untouched

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    im specialy fan about the question of tuning

+/- 75 % want initial tuning of classes but then at the same time +/-25 % (1/3 rd out of those 75 % ) want later it to be balanced

like there is a limit to retardness come on :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Have you seen the results so far? Most people want Vanilla untouched
    Fucking up his narrative, brah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im specialy fan about the question of tuning

+/- 75 % want initial tuning of classes but then at the same time +/-25 % (1/3 rd out of those 75 % ) want later it to be balanced

like there is a limit to retardness come on :/
    Not really. Those changes are still Vanilla. "Balancing" is not. As I've stated... You "balance specs" you have to adjust itemization too. You adjust itemization and all of a sudden all the mobs and bosses are falling over. You have to then rebalance their health and their damage. In the end it's not an authentic representation but more like a "Tribute" band version.

I paid money to see old Robert Plant and Jimmy Page on stage playing their hits. I don't want to see Lad Zapplin Madison Wisconsin's number 1 Led Zeppelin tribute band.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Gurubashi Arena definitely shouldn't be open at launch, it takes nothing to get there and offers a substantial monetary advantage. I used to be in a guild of chronic new server rerollers and one of their tactics was to camp the arena chest since the trinket alone vendors for 1.3g not counting other drops.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    76% want dishonourable kills? Fucking why? As a PvPer the one thing I never did in classic was attack faction leaders for this very reason.

Look people, some aspects of vanilla were really shit.
    Because it was a solid prevention measure against pvp-focused people just camping lowbies or griefinglow-end towns and quest mobs. It also gave a nice RPG element to pvp, are you trying to become a highly ranked soldier or are you a dishonorable scumbag who enjoys hunting down weak people?

Deleted
    The answers are already a shitshow.
    Half purist answers and half whiny QoL answers, I hope Blizzard is NOT actually monitoring this survey.

Deleted
    People want wall jumping to be a thing again, even though it was heavily exploited and later removed.. ghhuhgughuuu

Deleted
    quality of life changes and "balancing" got us to this stage of the game where blizzard is basicly remaking their original game

- - - Updated - - -

only 4k answers in course of 3 days, i doubt this could be called representative

10+ Year Old Account
    I have little-to-no interest in playing Classic long-term, but it seems to me there's a very simple solution to satisfy all parties.

• Fix all the specs of all the classes to be viable, while also staying true to their original incarnations. Simple numbers tweak + minor ability tweaking.
    • Fix all the bugs. Because who the hell in their rational mind would want to play a bug-riddled game?
    • Unlock all the dungeons at release; space the raids out.
    • Get rid of that "once in a lifetime per server" bullshit. Make it annual, at least.
    • Add MINOR QoL adjustments that, quite frankly, are needed if you plan on holding a serious population. Simple things that don't interfere with gameplay but make life a little easier. (Collection Tabs, Banks, Summoning Stones, Account-Wide Transmog, the Battlemasters, etc. Seriously, who WANTS to have to run from WSG to AB just to queue up?)
    • Subtract MAJOR QoL adjustments such as flight and LFR. Group finder could stay in a very basic form, but keep it realm exclusive.
    • Keep leveling as it was; slow and a workout.

It is a simple fact that the game as it was 14 years ago will NEVER match up to your expectations of what it was back then.
    It is also a fact that the game as it was 14 years ago will NEVER hold a serious audience for longer than the initial burst from people checking it out.

May as well make minor changes that appease enough to hold an audience, while otherwise preserving the game as it was. BOTH SIDES WIN.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-15 at 09:32 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    quality of life changes and "balancing" got us to this stage of the game where blizzard is basicly remaking their original game

- - - Updated - - -

only 4k answers in course of 3 days, i doubt this could be called representative
    Quality of life changes and balancing was a big part of Vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because it was a solid prevention measure against pvp-focused people just camping lowbies or griefinglow-end towns and quest mobs. It also gave a nice RPG element to pvp, are you trying to become a highly ranked soldier or are you a dishonorable scumbag who enjoys hunting down weak people?
    No it wasn't, you could kill low level players all day every day because they were not dishonorable kills, they just gave no honor . As was argued at the time, a better solution to griefing via killing quest npcs (which was rarely as big a deal as it was made out to be even on pvp servers) was to just make them elites on faster respawns. RP elements are irrelevant on non-rp realms, no one cares.

What it did do, was make most pvpers back away entirely from organising and participating in almost all world pvp but in particular raids on faction cities due to random vendors aggroing and gutting any acquired honor. It was objectively a shit solution to a minor problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Should vanilla-style wall walking be permitted to explore content otherwise inaccessible? (Blizzard considered wall walking a bug)

Yes.

Should this wall walking be permitted in battlegrounds? (altered in patch 1.7.1)?

No.

Double-standard

I'm not a pure purist, but I accept changes has to be made. I loved Nostalrius, it was amazing, played some there, but mostly in Vanilla. I realize vanilla was never perfect as purist think for some reason, it was a game under development. I played during vanilla, prolly 300days played. I don't mind small changes, though keeping the difficulty the same (this includes a lot more than mobs), and the community the same is main prio for me. I dreamed about more vanilla content as 60, and seeing Grim Batol, Uldum etc possibiltiy is amazing as I hoped WoW was always gonna be lvl60 back in the days. I don't mind blizzard changing things, and balancing things. I played priest, our 31 holy talent was Lightwell, this was the best answer blizzard could come up with after many patches of changes. I accepted it, and tried to use it more than anyone else, but why would you have a talent depend on other people that never used it. I would not think of a vanilla world where I would ever want Lightwell, I would rather patch back and have what we had before Lightwell was implemented. And this leads me to a question I would love to ask a purist, what version of WoW vanilla would you like? Cause they made ALOT of changes within classes also, more than you relased. Nostalriusus was a mix of that, but if you think things were "perfect" or "pure". They were all things under development. So get your fucking realism together

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post

- - - Updated - - -

4k answers over the last 2 hrs bud. Didn't have any votes when it was posted here and on the WoW forums. Besides, even if the poll ended with a low amount of votes, those votes came from the people who cared enough to fill it. The ones who didn't obviously don't count. That's why the so called "vocal minority" holds so much weight.

On top of that, most people are sleeping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Should vanilla-style wall walking be permitted to explore content otherwise inaccessible? (Blizzard considered wall walking a bug)

Yes.

Should this wall walking be permitted in battlegrounds? (altered in patch 1.7.1)?

No.

Double-standard
    One is harmless, the other one isn't. Doesn't take a genius does it?
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-15 at 09:36 AM.

76% want dishonourable kills? Fucking why? As a PvPer the one thing I never did in classic was attack faction leaders for this very reason.

Look people, some aspects of vanilla were really shit.
    I'd suggest playing WoW: Legion. These are not there.

No it wasn't, you could kill low level players all day every day because they were not dishonorable kills, they just gave no honor . As was argued at the time, a better solution to griefing via killing quest npcs (which was rarely as big a deal as it was made out to be even on pvp servers) was to just make them elites on faster respawns. RP elements are irrelevant on non-rp realms, no one cares.

What it did do, was make most pvpers back away entirely from organising and participating in almost all world pvp but in particular raids on faction cities due to random vendors aggroing and gutting any acquired honor. It was objectively a shit solution to a minor problem.
    You couldn't kill low level players once they retreated to a town. Making NPCs an elite doesn't do much unless the elite is immensely overtuned. You just bring a couple friends and continue griefing.

I like it how the votes show that people wants pure Vanilla with a little tweaks(like auto-loot and connected AHs), which is fine for me.

I gotta say, i never played Vanilla, not on Retail nor Private realms.
    But if i ever would step into a Classic server i would want it to be exactly the same as it was 13 years ago (at launch) with the only exception being removal of game breaking bugs.

There is no reason to add anything that wasn't added in Vanilla, simply because even the smallest change opens up the flood gates for more changes to be done.

Classic should remain Classic and should progress like Classic did for the most genuine Classic experience.

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'd suggest playing WoW: Legion. These are not there.
    Or I can do both, and suggest that having played through the entirety of vanilla there were some design choices that were scrapped for good reasons. Vanilla purists make no sense to me, but sure; lets have a vanilla just like in 2003 but this time filled with people making informed choices on their classes so we can all complain 6 months after release when most raids are composed of mages, priests, warriors and rogues.