Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Because you don't actually know that. Blizz hasn't really said one way or another about how "vanilla" classic servers would be. They aren't even delivering VANILLA servers. They are delivering "CLASSIC" servers... what that actually means is anyone's guess at this point.
    Do you think there'll be a line to walk for the team, then? Somewhere between creating that authentic experience that people have asked for, while also figuring out what doesn't make sense anymore? For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

I mean... the info is there if you just look for it. I mean, J.Allen Brack is not just some nobody at Blizzard, he is wow's executive producer, you have to imagine that he knows what they are planning and that what he is telling the public is accurate. So while you may not know what they are doing with WoW Classic, some of us can be bothered to actually keep up to date with what they are planning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

*Reads title*

/laughes ass off
    /shakes head in derision
    /writes this comment

*closes page*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Dual spec is NOT a must. As a prot warrior I never respeced in vanilla and never had any issues. I only started respeccing to arms and back to prot because of raids and arenas.

So no dual spec in vanilla dont change it.

Perhaps dual spec is a bit extreme in regards to vanilla, but realistically speaking and as someone who played vanilla extensively the 50g respec costs are just way too extreme. Perhaps tuning it down to cap out at may 25g with a faster decay then that would not be so bad. This whole notion that vanilla was an phenomenal and near perfect is nonsense. The game can be improved in many ways while keeping it "vanilla" or have the "vanilla feel". Things like respec costs, paladin buffs durations, battlegrounds and pvp honor points / system. I get it, changing one or any of these is a slippery slope, but for me it wouldn't change the great qualities of WoW that the community fell in love with back in the day. The grind is there, the community is there, the importance of gold is there, the massiveness feel is there, etc. etc.
    Personally i believe blizzard will go forward with some minor QoL changes while retaining the aspects that made vanilla WoW vanilla.

They could add servers that allow a pure version of the game and an updated version since there's obviously demand for both and everyone is butthurt

hahahaahahah no. These threads are getting ridiculous. Its not even a discussion not happening and if it does it ruins the integrity of the game. that wasnt even available in BC

Most servers implement the dual spec. It is a must for a healthy community, as the both faction characters on one server, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Stop fucking saying this you silly people. Classic is what Blizzard literally call Vanilla, holy fuck. And they literally took you back to square one when they showed you the announcement. Fuck me. What is wrong with you people?
    Mad because Classic =/= Vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You think that was me being mad? You poor thing.

And no, Classic and Vanilla are the exact same thing. I'm sorry if you're too "special" to understand that.
    I don't care if it was your definition of mad, it came across like it and it was enjoyable to read, good enough for me.

And no, they quite clearly aren't. Let me walk you through it:
    Classic is going to be an updated version of the first WoW released sometime in the future.
    Vanilla refers to the version of WoW released in 2004 and played on some private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Mad because Classic =/= Vanilla
    They literally used the vanilla icecream analogy, Jesus fucking christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    wouldnt be vanilla then would it
    ye then it would be classic

o wait
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I see no point in using old and in some cases stupid mechanics.
    Area loot. Its quality of live. Just because it wasnt in classic what does that mean? Does it make the game more dificult? challenging? heck no.
    Does running around till level 40 make it any more challenging? No. But the reward of having a mount at level 40 makes it something special. You really look forward to this time.
    Does flying at 60 make the game different? Yes, and it should not be in the game, it is not necassary for the game, you have a mount and hopefully connected travel routes. Though I would like to see some caravans low level players (without a mount) could hop on to save some time.
    Dual Spec is something I would like to see, but I also would like to see all the specs be viable. This means creating new talent tress, yes, but it would be nice to be able to play a ret paladin and be viable. It would be nice to play as a cat or boomkin.
    Heck, it even would be nice if they would change some of the boss mechanics. MC was below lfr level of difficulty. Honestly, You had to tank some adds and pick one, guide it far enough away and then kill it. WOW what a mechanic. No one would benefit from that.
    The discussion for Vanilla is a cluster fuck at best, everyone things this should be in, or that should be out. I dont envy the team who have to decide what goes in and what will be left out.
    All in all a great classic vanilla experience would be nice. That means addind some quality of life (and tech, or do your really want the servers to crash all the time because THAT WAS CLASSIC!) should be possible. I for one would prefer modern graphics and modern animations.
    But I dont want to see LFR. Bring back the community. There should only be one server per region so people would learn to behave again. Also, PvP, no imbalance because Alliance goes to Server A and Horde goes to Server H. Make the community great again.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    They literally used the vanilla icecream analogy, Jesus fucking christ.
    To describe people's preference for VANILLA over retail. Jesus fucking christ. Classic=/=Vanilla No one believes this.

Back on topic I don't understand why on the poll more people are voting for cheaper respecs but not dual spec?

Deleted
    Classic=/=Vanilla No one believes this.
    Classic and Vanilla are literally two words to call exactly the same thing. Blizzard is not going to call the game "WoW Vanilla" because it sounds stupid, but they use "vanilla" and "classic" interchangeably in their communications (like the reveal presentation).

To describe people's preference for VANILLA over retail. Jesus fucking christ. Classic=/=Vanilla No one believes this.

Back on topic I don't understand why on the poll more people are voting for cheaper respecs but not dual spec?
    "You Vanilla, I like cookies & cream" then proceeds to show the classic wow video

It's pretty fucking obvious for anyone with half a brain cell to understand what he meant
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

I posted in this thread before and said that dual spec is a must but after a lot of soul searching and reading others comments I have kind of changed my mind. Dual spec is not a must BUT the gold cap to changing specs should be reduced. If you have any real suggestions or comments why reducing the cap would be harmful to the game then by all means throw it out there. But if your response is one of the classic "purist" lines of, "then its not vanilla, go play BC or WotLK, play live, ect, ect, ect", then save your breath cause its to the point that everyone just skips and ignores your responses. Instead of being children that don't want to eat your peas give us some actual constructive responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Totally, kill the bugs and exploits. Police the API so people don't automate shit because add-on makers are far more advanced these days. Nuke cheaters from orbit and stagger the content release to be similar to Pre-BC. That's all we really need for it.
    Many of those bugs an exploits were directly related to core functionality of the game. Like tap level grinding was because of the way mob tagging system worked. Killing elite mobs that were a higher level than you resulted in you gaining huge chunks of XP. You could go from 35 to 60 in 4-6 hours with a group killing stuff by BRD entrance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    "You Vanilla, I like cookies & cream" then proceeds to show the classic wow video

It's pretty fucking obvious for anyone with half a brain cell to understand what he meant
    If you had a quarter of a brain cell it would be obvious that they are discussing changes, as it's happening right now.
    I hope the rock under which you clearly live is at least comfy.

If you had a quarter of a brain cell it would be obvious that they are discussing changes, as it's happening right now.
    I hope the rock under which you clearly live is at least comfy.
    Yeah and look at how well that's went down, Overwhelmingly negative.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9342460#post-6

We are by no way saying that "changes are happening" the importance of it was that a discussion is not inherently to be dismissed and there is reasoning for having it.
    Herpderp

"A minority are discussing changes, That means vanilla isn't vanilla anymore REEEE"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

I mean... the info is there if you just look for it. I mean, J.Allen Brack is not just some nobody at Blizzard, he is wow's executive producer, you have to imagine that he knows what they are planning and that what he is telling the public is accurate. So while you may not know what they are doing with WoW Classic, some of us can be bothered to actually keep up to date with what they are planning.
    I see that quote, and raise you this quote:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=9#post-162
    That's kind of the beauty of it - I don't think anything has necessarily been decided.

These decisions will really be made by the kind of discussions we see here, so... if folks want a true 1:1 Vanilla experience, then we want to see the discussion of that. If people think there should be changes here or there, then we'll want to see that too.

The community will truly be what shapes the direction of Classic as we move forward, together.
    Doesn't sound like they are 100% committed to an EXACT vanilla experience to me.